If your reading this Mel.........

Pearson

26 minutes ago, ossieram said:

The reason Warburton left Brentford was because they don't let the manager pick and choose the players, they have a coach who is there to work with the players the club bring in, so we don't know if he is any good picking his own players.

You always get a know-it-all

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Expectations at Villa too high for a first timer methinks.

They have to be looking at top 2 next season as a requirement.

Villa should get Warnock in to do a job.

You are very wide of the mark here. No way will villa be a top two team next year!

They are in as bad a situation as we ‘could’ be in. They have an aging squad and the highest  wage bill in the league. 

They have the likes of Lansbury, Whelan, Elphick, Samba not even playing on thousands. They have Terry, Hutton, Jedinak, Whelan etc the wrong side of thirty. 

10 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

You are very wide of the mark here. No way will villa be a top two team next year!

They are in as bad a situation as we ‘could’ be in. They have an aging squad and the highest  wage bill in the league. 

They have the likes of Lansbury, Whelan, Elphick, Samba not even playing on thousands. They have Terry, Hutton, Jedinak, Whelan etc the wrong side of thirty. 

They've also got jack grealish. 

Terry, hutton, samba, agbonlahor are all out of contract. Snodgrass and grabban loans ended.

Sell a few oldies to stoke.

sorted.

Bournemouth fan told me on a night out last night that he was absolutely fuming when they let Howe take charge back in the day. 

It could go either way. I’d rather take the risk with Lampard than settle for utter mediocrity with someone like McCarthy. 

Mel if you're reading this, the forum is full of cliques and snakes and have turned against the mods and are flat out refusing to produce witty insightful content until they get their way. You need to boot em all out and bring in a no nonsense forum manager. If you don't replace David with Nigel Pearson we'll seriously have to question your commitment to the forum. If this continues we'll end up like LTLF or that QPR one.

16 hours ago, Pearson said:

............and the rumours/gossip are true, please do not employ Lampard as manager.

Alan Shearer, John Barnes, Bobby Charlton, Paul Gascoigne, Gary Neville, Tony Adams, I could go on, all fantastic international footballers who have failed miserably when stepping into a managerial role.

Leaving their undoubted football ability aside they all had one thing in common, no evidence or testimonial that any of them could manage a football team. They were all a gamble which led to the inevitable outcome.

So why Mel are you doing exactly the same thing with Lampard?

You are a shrewd business man generating phenomenal wealth based on good business practice, and I guarantee, the employment of experienced and shrewd staff.

So why employ Lampard, the scenario is exactly the same.

From my prospective, if Lampard is employed we are faced with another two to three years in the wilderness with heaven only knows what carnage will be left behind.

Final plea, employ a proven and successful manger, do not meddle, leave then to do their job and you will eventually realise yours, and the supporter’s dream, of Premiership football.

probably the same way clement, gerrard and others got their job. Through impressing at interview!

It sounds to me from your statement about the wilderness, that you afraid of 2 more years of champoionship football, and that a promotion will somehow lead to your life being a "... and they all lived happily ever after" fairytale.
Good luck with that.

For the record, i dont give a stuff whether its lampard, wassall or smith from brentford. I will support the manager and the team no matter what, and i encourage all real fans to do the same. Its the fans who claim instant sacking of a manager before he has even begun that alienates such fans from myself as a fan with their downright snobbery. You'll be referring to our play as hoofball next. God forbid.

2 hours ago, GrimsbyRam said:

well said. Villa had a 2 year plan. and last summer when it become a 1 year plan they through the absolute kitchen sink at it... and it nearly paid off. But now.. they are unsustainable. Parachutes gone... half the squad were loans which will return. Terry talking about goign after one season and countless others that the club cant really afford to pay the astronomical wages they are on. Villa will be an interesting project this summer, but come august with a new squad in place, id be amazed if they are going to compete for top 2 next season.

Just like QPR and the fines imposed on them, and now yesrs of decline, I too am glad Villa didnt make it. It was a crazy gamble and it didnt pay off.... i for one would love the members of the league to bring in stringent rules to stop this financial gambling because the prize at the other end finanically is ridiculous. But sadly the marketplace we operate in, is only going to count for greed, wrongly labelled as ambition.

31 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Mel if you're reading this, the forum is full of cliques and snakes and have turned against the mods and are flat out refusing to produce witty insightful content until they get their way. You need to boot em all out and bring in a no nonsense forum manager. If you don't replace David with Nigel Pearson we'll seriously have to question your commitment to the forum. If this continues we'll end up like LTLF or that QPR one.

501B3C0D-0019-4F07-BB33-699B656E312E.jpeg

Unfortunately Jokanovic won't come at this time to Derby but he's the only one i have any time for regarding his style of football and his belief of getting men forward. Whoever comes in needs to reduce the first team squad to 14, play the u23 and youth players, put hunger back in the team and kick the tactical advisors out and play THEIR way.

Right Mel, I’ve about had enough of this shilly shallying. Get on to Natalie Jackson and tell her to get herself down to Moor Farm or Pride Park, your call, for an exclusive interview with Frank for tonight’s EMT. 

You can then get yourself and the family off to Skeggy for a well earned break. ?

Just now, Pearl Ram said:

Right Mel, I’ve about had enough of this shilly shallying. Get on to Natalie Jackson and tell her to get herself down to Moor Farm or Pride Park, your call, for an exclusive interview with Frank for tonight’s EMT. 

You can then get yourself and the family off to Skeggy for a well earned break. ?

He's more a Chapel St Leonards (pronounced 'Shapelle sonne Leyonard') chap.

5 hours ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Ok genius, tell me where it says I think they'll be top 2?

I'll give you a clue, it doesn't.

What I was saying is that they need to be top 2, not will be.

4 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

My guess would be that the appointment will be made on June 1st. Nice clean accounting date.

1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

My guess would be that the appointment will be made on June 1st. Nice clean accounting date.

Well I posted as much the other day when someone asked why the delay. But the 1st is Friday and ‘the word on da street’ to paraphrase Boycie, is contracts were signed yesterday with the announcement tomorrow so who knows ?

Archived