If you're reading this Frank....

Chester40

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't say they're the answer but as a responsible adult I know when the fun stops I stop. ?

I can't sell Frankie and Jody any more than I have done - it's a step into the unknown. Hopefully they'll have more integrity than Mr G and if they try their damndest then no more can be asked. They're both winners, players will want to come here because of them and if we do well eventually again because of the club. Let the good times roll, please! ?

Yes please...although I tend to think we'd be better placed to look for a difficult Yorkshireman with a history of difficulties with teammates and whose career was prematurely ended by a dicky knee who has been cutting his managerial teeth at a place like...I don't know...Hartlepool....

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I do remember that time he was being slagged off on a phone in about his family situation so he rang up the radio station to have his say. Respected him for that.

Remember that well. He was clearly upset that his own personal situation was also affecting his mother who was in poor health at the time, and not unreasonably he felt that it could not go unchallenged. Although annoyed, his approach was extremely articulate and logical, and I can see that his academic background stood him in good stead. I am sure that the interviewer will never forget the experience....!

He knows the football game, has experienced several different managers, is clearly more than capable of handling himself well and I suspect that he will know when to use the big stick or put an arm around shoulders. And no players will be able to tell him "show us your caps boss" which has happened at Derby in the past.

BBC East Midlands Today reported this evening that he is in talks with DCFC and expects to continue them this coming week - make of that what you will - but he has my vote.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Thats a RamsTV feature right there. 

Super Frank vs Super Eddie in a IQ test special.

From what I have heard, he would leave me for dead. I think I will pass on any possible future IQ-off.

5 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Im sure Frank is reading & will be making his decison based on a minority of fans posts on a forum 

In that case Frank, despite voting as being unsure elsewhere on the forum earlier in the week, I'm now completely on board.  And can you use some of the Vydra cash to bring a blond lad from Watford home? Ta.

2 hours ago, Highgate said:

I just hope he wasn't paying too much attention to Mourinho during his career.  We could do without another season of negative safety first tactics. 

Mou from first stint at Chelsea would be fine. They were strong, solid and reasonably entertaining. His boring negative football really started when he left them the first time.

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

Of course its the most important decision, and we seem to have made so many wrong ones, that we are running out of options.

i just do not understand the gushing enthusiasm for a complete unknown / big soft lad.

zola probably didn't have the experience to deal with the situation; perhaps he's just a crap manager. Great player doesn't mean good manager. He inherited a group of Rowett-loyal donkeys; a group that thought he would probably get rid of them. He was probably too nice a guy to tackle the situation.

is frank too nice? 

What makes a great manager is completely different to what makes a great player. How many caps they have got is irrelevant.

Managers need a bit of enthusiasm, and steel. A good eye for a player. The ability to lift other players to over-achieve; to play through pain, whatever it takes. Rowett was arrogant, but some of the character traits that make him slightly odious are probably essential. His weakness was that it was all about him. It should always be about the team. 

bloody hell m8 do you want the number of the samaritans just in case Frank gets the job

Boro fan here,

Lampard could workout to be a good appointmnt like some fans have said his reputation and contacts are massive plus and he could have the same effect Bryan Robson had when he first came to us he had no managerial experience but I have no doubt it was Bryan Robson not Middlesbrough who attracted the likes of Ravenelli and juniniho and convinced merson to drop down to championship,  For me Lampard could be the Modern version 

10 hours ago, ossieram said:

I haven't got a problem with people like you who think it's a mistake to appoint him, you've said you would be patient and back him and you say that it is a mistake in your opinion.

The people that bug me are the ones that just say it is the worst appointment we could make or slate the bloke without giving him a chance to see what he is capapble of.

You give reasons for thinking as you do, others just post that it's a crap decision and you know they will be waiting in the wings ready to post if he things don't turn out well.

Fair play buddy

like I say, above anything I just crave stability as that to me is what this club is in desperate need of and will give us imo our best chance of getting out of this league 

7 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

bloody hell m8 do you want the number of the samaritans just in case Frank gets the job

I feel annoyed at someone calling Frank a ‘big soft lad’. The barrel scraping for reasons to object to him has started 

11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't say they're the answer but as a responsible adult I know when the fun stops I stop. ?

I can't sell Frankie and Jody any more than I have done - it's a step into the unknown. Hopefully they'll have more integrity than Mr G and if they try their damndest then no more can be asked. They're both winners, players will want to come here because of them and if we do well eventually again because of the club. Let the good times roll, please! ?

Jeez it s a very weird scenario,  archied and Roy mac5 on the same page and loudly banging the same drum ,,, it’s either a sign from the gods above ( duck it let’s join hands and head for the nearest stable ) or it’s a portent of Armageddon 

How does this pan out as an opportunity for him?  If we've got no funds at all to spend, is he likely to be content to have to be shrewd in the transfer market - and do you need experience for this?  You would hope he could secure 2/3 quality loans due to his contacts at City (e.g. Foden)/Chelsea (Amapadu) which would give him a strong start, so perhaps it makes sense for him.  Is he better off starting in the lower leagues; or is this invariably a tougher league to crack for ex-superstars?  What's his playing style - are our players suited to it and with no funds can he mould the right squad?  Is this job a safer one than a recently relegated side - lots of cash but promotion or bust?  Who does he bring with him?  What might his brief be from Mel (excite the fans again - in which case we'd move away from Rowettball)?  

All very interesting questions, and certainly a gamble for both parties but one which could be an exciting and ultimately shrewd move on both parts.

11 hours ago, superzak said:

I dont really care who the manager is next season...i dont really care if the average age of the team is over 30. All i care about is having a team that excites me...brings out those emotions in me of one minute excitement next minute despair. I want to look forward to every game and come out of pride park feeling like ive been through the wringer and will never get my voice back.

Last season it felt like we went through the wronger!!

Frank Lampard is the one appointment that at this stage is exciting. If he gets the job then i assume it's with assurances to DCFC on who he will have by his side because he will inevitably & understandably need help.

There is no logical reason why this is guaranteed to work but go on, admit it, just imagine if it does. At least for a while next season can't come fast enough, maybe we can be like the Wolves of last season, who knows?

Maybe he can get in 2 or 3 top quality loans, maybe he can reinvigorate Chris Martin, maybe he can mould Craig Bryson into a position that suits him a la Lampard himself, maybe he can get a couple of u23s to step up and shine, maybe just maybe

Remember, football is a place for dreamers, why else would sensible, successful businessmen pump their personal fortunes into it ?? 

11 hours ago, ossieram said:

I haven't got a problem with people like you who think it's a mistake to appoint him, you've said you would be patient and back him and you say that it is a mistake in your opinion.

The people that bug me are the ones that just say it is the worst appointment we could make or slate the bloke without giving him a chance to see what he is capapble of.

You give reasons for thinking as you do, others just post that it's a crap decision and you know they will be waiting in the wings ready to post if he things don't turn out well.

I too haven’t got a problem with any who weigh the evidence and come up with the opinion that lamps is the wrong appointment but I do have a problem with those that say they can’t see any reason why those that are pro lampard could possibly come to that opinion 

For every Zidane there's a Maradona?

Lampard, like Zidane, seems to me to be the studious type, willing to learn and use his intelligence wisely and take the job seriously.

Maradona, and Gazza always seemed to be just having a laugh and taking the piss when it came to management, would never have worked and it didn't.

I worry that Lampard's 2nd managerial job will be the successful one, after he's learnt from his mistakes here.

Derby County, whose volatile owner chairman Mel Morris has got through six managers in three years, admit there is a new austere regime coming at Pride Park, with the football budget slashed after missing promotion to the Premier League. This prompts the question of why Frank Lampard, a highly intelligent model professional who will have numerous offers down the line, has chosen Derby to begin his managerial career - Daily Mail

A tad harsh. We have the foundations in place, im sure theres money there otherwise we wouldnt have gone for James Mcclean back in January.

We are  better  off than Ipswich, who Lampard originally went for.

8 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Derby County, whose volatile owner chairman Mel Morris has got through six managers in three years, admit there is a new austere regime coming at Pride Park, with the football budget slashed after missing promotion to the Premier League. This prompts the question of why Frank Lampard, a highly intelligent model professional who will have numerous offers down the line, has chosen Derby to begin his managerial career - Daily Mail

A tad harsh. We have the foundations in place, im sure theres money there otherwise we wouldnt have gone for James Mcclean back in January.

Very harsh. 

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

My understanding has long been that the Daily Mail has never had a good word to say about Derby.

16 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

My understanding has long been that the Daily Mail has never had a good word to say about Derby.

Or maybe Mel has got some business acumen (!) and realises that ridiculous over-paying for players is rife in football if other teams smell money. Better to put out the word the well is dry and try and get vfm!!

Archived