If you're reading this Frank....

Chester40

Can you hurry up and get on with it! People are really coming round to the idea so don't let's get hopes built up if you're not coming. I was always in the pro-camp but support is definitely building and building.

I would also add...we have a great stadium, financial backing, good transport links to London, are close to amazing countryside, the potential to be as big or a bigger club than half the current Premier League, a great academy with youth players begging to be developed and as a city and club we are crying-out for someone grab it by the scruff of its neck (putting Mel where he needs to be, concentrating on the business side of things) and harness the potential and establish us back where we belong....if you then want to slope off back to Chelsea...fine!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Can you hurry up and get on with it! People are really coming round to the idea so don't let's get hopes built up if you're not coming. I was always in the pro-camp but support is definitely building and building.

I would also add...we have a great stadium, financial backing, good transport links to Duffield , are close to amazing countryside, the potential to be as big or a bigger club than half the current Premier League including Stoke , a great academy with youth players begging to be developed and as a city and club we are crying-out for someone grab it by the scruff of its neck (putting Mel where he needs to be, concentrating on the business side of things) and harness the potential and establish us back where we belong.... so what went wrong Two Shots.

32 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I would also add...we have a great stadium, financial backing, good transport links to London, are close to amazing countryside, the potential to be as big or a bigger club than half the current Premier League, a great academy with youth players begging to be developed and as a city and club we are crying-out for someone grab it by the scruff of its neck (putting Mel where he needs to be, concentrating on the business side of things) and harness the potential and establish us back where we belong....if you then want to slope off back to Chelsea...fine!!

Speak for yourself 

15 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Speak for yourself 

At the moment, you are very much in a minority. This possible appointment seems to have a very high approval rating, at least among the fans who post on here. I'm not sure whether or not that means anything though.

12 minutes ago, eddie said:

At the moment, you are very much in a minority. This possible appointment seems to have a very high approval rating, at least among the fans who post on here. I'm not sure whether or not that means anything though.

We'll see I guess when we are midtable after Xmas and the same people are trying to hound him out of the club. 

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Lampard coming as manager has excited me far more than any other managerial appointment we have made.

Not sure how anyone can't see this as a positive appointment? 

Because there is nothing to base an opinion on! 

If we do get Lamps, would be nice to see how each person voted in this poll next to their avatar.

Would be useful to understand their original position when they are slagging off Mel and/or Lamps by September when we haven't won every game.

From what I remember on here:

Clough sacking had a large minority support.

Most people were worried when Steve Mac joined.

The majority were furious when we blew the playoffs in Steve Macs 2nd season and blamed his flirting with Newcastle.

Most people were happy with Clement but were bored of him when he was sacked.

People were mostly well behind the Pearson appointment, likewise when he was given the boot.

We all welcomed back Steve Mac but were surprised he was sacked so soon.

A slight majority were happy with Rowett, most are happy he has gone.

So in summary, most mangerial decisons had popular support, other than Steve Mac 1, which turned out well.

If your reading frank ,, this is derby county and as much as the majority on here are very positive about you becoming our manager there will be a small number who will just take against you and will see everything as a negative , will actually be silently hoping you fail  and point out every slight mistake so they can justify an entrenched position more based on the fact that you have had a great career , are worth a few bob, are intelligent, have been able to go straight into a managers job at derby having opened the door by your own hard work and quality s shown during your playing career ,, we are starting to see this little band forming ,take no notice ,it’s usually based on jealousy and no matter how well you do they will not be swayed ,, 

Well before you start marshalling the troops into pro or anti camps, i'm just totally bemused....i simply don't get why 70% would be sold on the idea. 

perhaps there's a post-rowett irrational desire for a chelsea midfielder as manager syndrome.

7 minutes ago, archied said:

If your reading frank ,, this is derby county and as much as the majority on here are very positive about you becoming our manager there will be a small number who will just take against you and will see everything as a negative , will actually be silently hoping you fail  and point out every slight mistake so they can justify an entrenched position more based on the fact that you have had a great career , are worth a few bob, are intelligent, have been able to go straight into a managers job at derby having opened the door by your own hard work and quality s shown during your playing career ,, we are starting to see this little band forming ,take no notice ,it’s usually based on jealousy and no matter how well you do they will not be swayed ,, 

Also just remember that every game you win as our manager will be down to either luck, the players, or the other teams tactics and every game we lose will be down to your tactics, bad signings or crap coaching. 

Infact the only time it isn't your fault is when it's Mels.

16 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

If we do get Lamps, would be nice to see how each person voted in this poll next to their avatar.

Would be useful to understand their original position when they are slagging off Mel and/or Lamps by September when we haven't won every game.

From what I remember on here:

Clough sacking had a large minority support. 

Very disappointed as I am an old git and the name means alot to me .

Most people were worried when Steve Mac joined.

Yes pleasantly surprised 

The majority were furious when we blew the playoffs in Steve Macs 2nd season and blamed his flirting with Newcastle.

To a degree ,I always think players should be professional and play for themselves ,I would.

Most people were happy with Clement but were bored of him when he was sacked.

Crazy sacking

People were mostly well behind the Pearson appointment, likewise when he was given the boot.

IMO he was the man to sort us out ,how people can call he record is beyond me he had more close season the playing time with us we can never say for certain how it would have turned out .Not surprised him and Mel didn't work though .

We all welcomed back Steve Mac but were surprised he was sacked so soon.

Never go back 

A slight majority were happy with Rowett, most are happy he has gone.

Sorry how anybody couldn't see through him I'll never know, said one thing did another snake oil salesman turned snake .Wasn't happy when he went I was ecstatic.

So in summary, most mangerial decisons had popular support, other than Steve Mac 1, which turned out well.

I have no objections to Dean Smith being appointed but there’s just something that the prospect of Frank Lampard getting the gig that excites me more. Can’t put my finger on it, just feel more optimistic about the latter when I give both due consideration. 

I don’t think Smith would be a bad appointment, just think Frank would be good for us for some reason, just as my instincts about the previous incumbent were confirmed eventually.  

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Well before you start marshalling the troops into pro or anti camps, i'm just totally bemused....i simply don't get why 70% would be sold on the idea. 

perhaps there's a post-rowett irrational desire for a chelsea midfielder as manager syndrome.

It's a leap into the unknown, based upon nothing rational at all, whereas the rational decision would be to go for 'tried and tested (and failed elsewhere)'.

Archived