If you're reading this Frank....

Chester40

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Or maybe Mel has got some business acumen (!) and realises that ridiculous over-paying for players is rife in football if other teams smell money. Better to put out the word the well is dry and try and get vfm!!

If he's only just realised this, he's not much of a business man.

12 hours ago, superzak said:

I dont really care who the manager is next season...i dont really care if the average age of the team is over 30. All i care about is having a team that excites me...brings out those emotions in me of one minute excitement next minute despair. I want to look forward to every game and come out of pride park feeling like ive been through the wringer and will never get my voice back.

Yessss! 

Same here. I just want to look forward to the next game. I want to be gutted if I have to wait 10/14 days for it. I want to say "I wish we were playing sooner" 

Shrugged my shoulders through all of last season. We won? Yay. We lost? Oops. We made the top 6? Yay. We lost in the play offs? Oh dear. 

I want a team and manager I can admire. Not one that I watch and think "You boring negative tossers. I paid money and sat in traffic and it's -4 out here!!" 

I don't care if it's Frank Lampard or Frank Warren. I don't care if it's Dean Smith or Delia Smith . Just be positive and fun. That and progress. Even slow progress will do me. 

If it's Lampard they'll be moments of naive play. Like with Clement. I hope people understand that. 

I don't think Rowett was ever naive. Never really took stupid risks. But the result was he fecked off to Stoke leaving us an old squad in the same division. 

8 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Or maybe Mel has got some business acumen (!) and realises that ridiculous over-paying for players is rife in football if other teams smell money. Better to put out the word the well is dry and try and get vfm!!

That’s always been my take/hope on this subject, for too long have we been the cashcows of the Championship. 

Mel will have set plans out for whoever takes charge at PP with budgets etc, the loan market certainly needs exploiting with the connections Frank Lampard has.

IMHO its a no brainer. ??????

Lampard seems like a nice enough bloke. And as many have said on here he should have some decent connects?

But shouldn't he be cutting his teeth as a lower league manager. Oxford, Burton etc...

It's a huge gamble with an established Championship club like ours.

If he comes; which seems highly likely... then we better hope he comes with an experienced coaching team around him!!

6 minutes ago, ashram said:

Lampard seems like a nice enough bloke. And as many have said on here he should have some decent connects?

But shouldn't he be cutting his teeth as a lower league manager. Oxford, Burton etc...

It's a huge gamble with an established Championship club like ours.

If he comes; which seems highly likely... then we better hope he comes with an experienced coaching team around him!!

You could also say that anything below the championship is not the right place for someone like lampard to start as it’s too far removed from the football he has played in for the past 10/ 15 years and it doesn’t translate , equally you have lower league managers who can’t/ won’t cut it at the higher levels , I would say championship is spot on level for him to start ,, dealing in the main with players aspiring to play at the level he did and players who have played at that level and perhaps comming to the twilight of their careers 

Just now, Will Hughes Hair said:

Hitler on the other hand...

Hitler was a Derby fan?

oh well. It must be true. There's a bit of good in everyone.

14 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

And, no, drugs and/or alcohol are never the answer...

Extraneous comma detected (between 'no' and 'drugs')

1 hour ago, ashram said:

It's a huge gamble with an established Championship club like ours

Yeah, or he could've spent time as assistant at a top club. 

But Frank is obviously a man after my own heart. A man that would rather lay his balls out on the table, take a big hammer, and just start banging away. 

Am i using this analogy too often?

10 hours ago, Papahet said:

Derby County, whose volatile owner chairman Mel Morris has got through six managers in three years, admit there is a new austere regime coming at Pride Park, with the football budget slashed after missing promotion to the Premier League. This prompts the question of why Frank Lampard, a highly intelligent model professional who will have numerous offers down the line, has chosen Derby to begin his managerial career - Daily Mail

A tad harsh. We have the foundations in place, im sure theres money there otherwise we wouldnt have gone for James Mcclean back in January.

We are  better  off than Ipswich, who Lampard originally went for.

Maybe just maybe mel is not the volitile owner he often gets made out to be.just maybe the last few managers got there self sacked due to there own failings, football or otherwise.maybe frank sees this club a real pull ie youth set up etc.tranfer money will bother frank alot less than you think.

1 hour ago, Ramet said:

Maybe just maybe mel is not the volitile owner he often gets made out to be.just maybe the last few managers got there self sacked due to there own failings, football or otherwise.maybe frank sees this club a real pull ie youth set up etc.tranfer money will bother frank alot less than you think.

Hmmm, so Mel's got it right and all those he sacked or left are wrong....

On 27/05/2018 at 21:23, superzak said:

I dont really care who the manager is next season...i dont really care if the average age of the team is over 30. All i care about is having a team that excites me...brings out those emotions in me of one minute excitement next minute despair. I want to look forward to every game and come out of pride park feeling like ive been through the wringer and will never get my voice back.

That’ll be when the whistle blows to start the game and a minute later then!

9 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Yeah, or he could've spent time as assistant at a top club. 

But Frank is obviously a man after my own heart. A man that would rather lay his balls out on the table, take a big hammer, and just start banging away. 

Am i using this analogy too often?

You keep banging away me owd. 

A number of people have said they don't understand the positive reaction to the likely appointment of Frankie boy, but apart from the Paul Clement signing, Derby have played it safe for years and years, and it has got us nowhere. I think  the positive reaction is because we have dared to say "Why the hell not?". "Shall we just "go for it"?"

There is something very attractive about the prospect of taking one hell of risk on the basis of "Why not?"

COME ON YOU RAMS!

Archived