If you're reading this Frank....

Chester40

41 minutes ago, europia said:

Hmmm, so Mel's got it right and all those he sacked or left are wrong....

If you had all the info available to you i guess you would say he has got it right yes

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Ramet said:

If you had all the info available to you i guess you would say he has got it right yes

I’m not quite sure what you are saying there.

Are you arguing that, if he had the information he later had, he would have made the correct decisions? Or are you arguing that it’s only with hindsight that you can say he made the wrong decisions? Or are you saying that you just accept that Mel’s decisions have been right and it’s only because we’re missing some of the detail that Mel knows that we think he’s made mistakes? Or something else entirely?

For the record, I cannot imagine how recruiting a complete novice manager, only to sack him halfway into his first season, can ever possibly both be correct decisions. That’s just an example, you understand.

Please do enlighten me.

23 hours ago, Ramet said:

Sounds like you have all the info then? Please do share....and fill in the missing gaps in the intriguing sub plot. 

On 27/05/2018 at 19:20, Bob The Badger said:

Maybe some people are just reserving judgment.

I can definitely see why some people would be unsure.

If you lived through the hype of Docherty, Peter Taylor sans Clough, John Gregory, Pearson et al, then you can clearly see why some people would want to hold back on anointing a new king.

I'm 100% on the fence, I have no clue if he will make a great manager or a terrible manager, and guess what? Neither does anybody, because there is no body of work.

I'm hopeful, but to think that this couldn't turn out to be a terrible appointment is ignoring history.

I'd rather have him than the likes of McCarthy, Big Sam and all the other retreads, but my enthusiasm is tempered by realism and accepting we're rolling the dice.

Hopefully we get lucky 7!

My forest "mates" just say to me 

david platt 

need better mates 

but they have a point and it scares me I won't lie 

On 29/05/2018 at 06:04, EssendonRam said:

I’m not quite sure what you are saying there.

Are you arguing that, if he had the information he later had, he would have made the correct decisions? Or are you arguing that it’s only with hindsight that you can say he made the wrong decisions? Or are you saying that you just accept that Mel’s decisions have been right and it’s only because we’re missing some of the detail that Mel knows that we think he’s made mistakes? Or something else entirely?

For the record, I cannot imagine how recruiting a complete novice manager, only to sack him halfway into his first season, can ever possibly both be correct decisions. That’s just an example, you understand.

Please do enlighten me.

Just that if you had the info from inside the club you would have indeed made the same decisions.clement was a gamble i agree.but we have a chief executive at the time who was left to do his job and look how that turned out.

I think the level of chat illustrates what he can bring. He has reignited passions and I just don't think Smith would have that effect. Plus imagine the mickey taking from Forest fans if Warburton got the job and was terrible! 

On 29/05/2018 at 05:54, EssendonRam said:

You ought never try to out-grammar Nazi a grammar Nazi ???

I wasn't grammar-Naziing for once - I was refuting the whole "Drugs and alcohol are bad, Mkay?" sentiment. Just removing the comma reversed the meaning.

On 28/05/2018 at 11:59, Parsnip said:

Yeah, or he could've spent time as assistant at a top club. 

But Frank is obviously a man after my own heart. A man that would rather lay his balls out on the table, take a big hammer, and just start banging away. 

Am i using this analogy too often?

Think someone already beat you on here but can imagine Frank arriving at Pride Park

Nice marrow eh.

F565D5D2-6281-4BAA-A8E6-A826E0969861.jpeg

If you get this far Frank I urge you to heed the 3 important rules about Keogh.

Don't get him wet

Don't feed him after midnight

And most importantly never make him captain

One of the biggest problems with all these managers is everybody seems to appoint Keogh captain, usually realising too late he's far better without it.

Archived