If only

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ramsbottom said:

Considering that out of the 180 minutes, plus stoppage time we played Villa this season, we were on the front foot for 15 of them, I’m not sure your prediction is accurate...

Tbf in most of the games we’ve played this season we’ve only been on the front foot for 15 minutes

We didn't, and we wouldn't. 

You can say ifs all you like, we got outplayed by Fulham and they deserve to be in the final.

If we were in the final, we would be doing what Villa is doing. Camping in our own half with no possession. It would be this game, but in reverse with Derby the team looking poor.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Tbf in most of the games we’ve played this season we’ve only been on the front foot for 15 minutes

I'd say we were on the front foot for about 15 mins cumulatively over the course of the whole season

3 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

If only we could have staved off Fulham, we would have beat Villa today. 

The downside to that would be Lampard not interviewed and Rowett hadn’t emigrated to Stoke 

We couldn’t have beaten a smashed up egg !!

AB8E0DAA-514A-4C35-8298-899DE3C86EEF.gif

If only we had some younger more mobile players we could have played a more open adventurous attacking style of play and walked the league. I think Rowett did pretty good with what he had to work with.

I see Villa's average age yesterday was over 30. Look where that got them! 

Obviously would have preferred to have gone up but possibly more excited for a new manager in the Championship vs a season of desperate defending in the Prem.

Think the style we would have played with the squad we've got would have been miles off the required standard and I'd be doubtful that we could have brought in the 6-7 top players we would have needed.

Rather than near certain relegation and continual moaning and whining, we maybe have the chance to build something special again

12 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I'd say we were on the front foot for about 15 mins cumulatively over the course of the whole season

...but we managed to be the 4th highest scorers in the league, actually we scored more than Cardiff who went up in 2nd. 

44 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

If only we had some younger more mobile players we could have played a more open adventurous attacking style of play and walked the league. I think Rowett did pretty good with what he had to work with.

I see Villa's average age yesterday was over 30. Look where that got them! 

You can't use squad age as an excuse for Rowett because he is at least partly to blame for that thanks to his transfer dealings.

Thank Goodness that hopefully “Rowettball” will be consigned to the history books as a bonkers and spiritually defunct system. Please let’s have a return to proper football. With passing,midfield players and some possession. 

10 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Thank Goodness that hopefully “Rowettball” will be consigned to the history books as a bonkers and spiritually defunct system. Please let’s have a return to proper football. With passing,midfield players and some possession. 

Only if that possession is with a purpose. I hate endless sideways backward passing. That seems to let the other side get the ball and score. Some of our best goals this season have come from long precision passes. 

To me hoofball is a hopeful lump forward. That was not evident in many games. Mostly the intent was someone to run onto it. Trouble is mostly they didn't?.

18 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Provided it’s possession with a purpose, not like Paul Clement’s era. ??

Archived