If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by David

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I backed rowett right up till the end (  a few shaky moments/ doubts towards the end) but I have to say that if lampard is the new man then I’m excited about next season in a way that I wasn’t with rowett ,, may be daft I know , gamble I know but excites me as a derby fan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't knock him at least chippo's got his UEFA Pro licence.

Not any more ,,, he’s eaten it

15 minutes ago, Anon said:

Yes, but regarding Dean Smith, 7 years in the job and nearly 400 professional games managed absolutely does give an indication of managerial ability.

True. But to put things in perspective, he only ever played at League one standard, and started managing around that level too. He had to start somewhere, and it wasn't miles down the pyramid.

Not to mention how many team talks, game reviews, analysis has Lampard sat through listening to the best of the best talking about football. Bit different in league 1. What do we want more? promotion or good football followed by promotion? Its hard to tell with Derby fans.

Lampard's knowledge of the game is nothing really below the championship (considering ageing prem players end up there), so therefore that will be his level to start from.

If we don't take a chance, some other team in the division will. And you know that that team will go on to good things and we'll be sat saying 'we nearly had Lampard'.

With anyone, it may work, it may not. But his lack of experience has no relevance if he brings a team with him that has (and he will).

There is a chance he'll have us playing exciting football. None of the others on the list (as we see it) will.

I would 100% take a Lampard led Derby team who look like they're developing a way of playing and finish mid-table next season, over a boring team who reach the play-offs, but are never going to be good enough to go up.

Be careful what you wish for. We've just finished in the top 6 of the league - albeit with a squad that arguably should have done better and playing some pretty uninspiring football. But I'm not sure yet another change of manager is good news for us. We're crying out for someone to stick around for 3 to 4 seasons and really build something sustainable, rather than starting again every few months as we've been doing ever since Nigel Clough left.

23 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

@MACKWORTHRAM are you still saying it's not going to be Lampard?

Break it to me gently please.

Honestly mate I was told that from someone yesterday who I trust and relayed it. I wouldn't have relayed it if I didn't trust them. 

Whether something has changed I honestly don't know. 

But the odds are 1/7 now which is crazy. 

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Honestly mate I was told that from someone yesterday who I trust and relayed it. I wouldn't have relayed it if I didn't trust them. 

Hope your source is wrong this time! Keep us posted if you hear owt else ?

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Hoping your source is wrong!

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

No disrespect to him, but he then immediately said his source no longer works at the club. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He said someone he trusts and gets info from, nothing about not working at the club anymore.

Anyway, i guess things can change every day.....especially at our club.

We'd definitely have had the better week if we get Lampard.

Lampard MIGHT give us dire football. Rattlesnake DEFINITELY would have served up garbage.

Lampard will have connections at Chelsea, Man City etc - Roger has connections at Burton and.....

Lampard's a snappy dresser. Be11 end can't even afford a decent pair of shoes. 

Lampard's highly intelligent. Parcelmouth isn't. 

Lampard's articulate. Wormtongue sounds like a tractor engine about to die. 

Lampard will get to manage Derby, with it's fantastic ground, superb training facilities and great fanbase. C0ckn0cker has to go to Stoke every day and engage with the nuclear fallout victims. 

Yes, we'll definitely have had the better week. And so will Frank.....

I think Frank would be a great appointment at this point for us. He will have some great contacts and will know doubt get the pick of a few of chelseas/Man citys most talented youngsters. The players will no doubt respect him for what he's achieved in the game. He seems like a really articulate chap and I would imagine he would have some good ideas. Finally we would have a greater level of interest in The club which would get sponsors interested (apparently we need the cash) The 2 downsides for me would be   ... A.. Harry Redknapp  and  B... we dont know what style he will get us playing. He had a lot of success as a player under Mourinho he doesn't play eye catching football ..  All in all though he' the only candidate to get excited about which we need ! 

1 hour ago, archied said:

If it is frank ( forget other candidates this threads not about that), how do derby fans feel about this week and the swap ? Who’s got best deal ,derby or stoke ?  Great management by mel or disaster?

IF it happens will tell you at Christmas.........still praying (and I am an atheist) that this is just a dream and that in due course Dean Smith or Paul Cook will be seen at PPS shaking MM's hand..............

Archived