Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

Just now, brady1993 said:

I don't see how he can stay now.

He won't stay, even us arch Rowett backers have turned on him.

His position here is now untenable, if he turns Stoke down then stick him on gardening leave for 3 years.

Snake.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, archied said:

Can I just ask for a united front from this forum if our new manager decides that Martin and Bryson’s time is up , it’s been so divisive for too long now and the last thing we need is the next manager being prejudged on whether he sees them in his plans

Your getting a bit boring archied.

If the new manager decides he want them,I expect the same from you.

36 minutes ago, archied said:

Can I just ask for a united front from this forum if our new manager decides that Martin and Bryson’s time is up , it’s been so divisive for too long now and the last thing we need is the next manager being prejudged on whether he sees them in his plans

While I agree with your sentiments. I am sure it will take all of the pre season to decide whether they fit or not. Unless the guy coming in already knows they will not fit his style.

This could rumble on for a while

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's going to be seriously awkward if the move falls through and he ends up staying.

Even if Mel was to forgive and forget, and I hope he doesn’t, I hope he tells him to **** off, do you think he’ll continue to command any respect with the players ? He’s two bob with delusions of grandeur. What goes around...

1 hour ago, Moist One said:

hope he takes the whole lot. We don't look well coached in any area at the moment. Playing on memory and reaction.

Anyone even know their names? The ones he brought with him from Brum? Seems to me they were sycophants more than coaches

5 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I think this development would be more tolerable if we'd have ended the season with a whimper, with the fans turning against GR. Or if it was a premier league team.

As it was, we were 45 minutes from Wembley (whether we deserved it or not) and I'd hazard a guess at saying most people thought job well done, tweaks here and there and we'd be ready to give it another crack next season. Especially when combined with a new contract a little over 4 months ago, and his comments regarding said contract. Surely he must have known about the budget limitations on the new contract? If not, then Mel deserves some flak for that.

As an helicopter view it's hard to argue to that ,however Two Shots Rowett was too negative and the football was awful,he completely lost me when I went away to Wolves and we never turned up .

54 minutes ago, archied said:

good shout

28 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Oh do people still think there’s a secret Chris Martin fan club where we all meet?

Unfortunately the Martin chat will continue until we sign someone who’s better which could still be a way off considering the £££ situation. I mean one way to stop the talk is to just play him but I mean that’s just me

Anyway see you all at the next CMGM next week...

39 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

If we get in a manager with a reputation for playing football and if they are adequately replaced then sure. 

Alternatively would you be board if they are back in the plans ? 

100 percent on board if our new man wants them ,,, whoever it is will have a job to do and will have to do it the way they see it and I will judge them on the job they do overall and not decide that they haven’t got a clue just because they either want or don’t want Martin or Bryson or any of our current lot come to that

41 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I would hope you know by now that that’s what you would get 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where did you get that version from? Every version I've read has 'Rowett asked to speak with Stoke' as the line.

Apologies - you are right.

1 hour ago, archied said:

Agree and I think I've said as much about Martin on several threads. He and us, both deserve a new start.

Bryson, maybe he will go, maybe he won't but he's a good experienced head to have around if we are bringing younger players through.

The art of a good manager is in blending the right team, and sometimes the most surprising people are the missing ingredients so I'm prepared to give anyone a chance that plays for the shirt and fit's into the manager's plans.

Gary Rowett has left the building 

oops sorry that was elvis 

Archived