Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Raminphilippines said:

A huge traffic jam has been reported outside Rowett's house as thousands offer to give him a lift to Stoke. 

This is a awful post from a so called Derby fan, if Gary leaves we will struggle to get any one decent in, Mel has already stated there is no money to spend and for the record Gary will be a very successful manager, just hope it's with us, losing Gary would be a VERY BIG loss to Derby, with him here I feel promotion is a possibility without him, expect middle of the table for the next few seasons, most neutral fans I know would love him at there club, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Birmingham and many others for that matter, we are lucky to have him here.

29 minutes ago, Raminphilippines said:

It was a joke, but personally I would fly home from the Philippines just to give him a lift to Stoke. 

My view has not changed thought from the day we got him it was a mistake. 

You better bring plenty of petrol money with you because once you give Gary a lift to stoke your next mission is running around to find and bring back his replacement ,,, there’s a mad manager merry go round scramble right now with our manager top of the bunch of old usual suspects ,he’s got play offs in first full season whilst making a profit on transfers at a club that is stating that it needs to cut costs and can’t spend big just now and he’s bringing stability to a club that’s had none for a few seasons but hey crack on but let’s hear the plans you have for replacement ,, you may be better with a hybrid car as I can see you going some miles over the next few seasons

6 hours ago, Derby blood said:

This is a awful post from a so called Derby fan, if Gary leaves we will struggle to get any one decent in, Mel has already stated there is no money to spend and for the record Gary will be a very successful manager, just hope it's with us, losing Gary would be a VERY BIG loss to Derby, with him here I feel promotion is a possibility without him, expect middle of the table for the next few seasons, most neutral fans I know would love him at there club, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Birmingham and many others for that matter, we are lucky to have him here.

There's no way he's that crucial to Derby's future.  If he goes, I won't be in the slightest fussed and I'll hope we play better football in future. Loads of out of work managers or lower league managers who would be fine.  If he stays, then it provides some continuity and I'll bear the style of football for another season or two

After Rowetts fraudulent attempts in the second playoff leg against Fulham I'm totally ambivalent whether he stays or goes to be honest as long as he is replaced by a more progressive football manager whom doesn't have the evolutionary rate of a  prehistoric stegosaurus.

Just because he got us into the playoffs doesn't mean he also has the right to totally flush this opportunity down the pan with a totally negative one dimensional set up. 

7 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

According to Rob Dorset (sky's Midlands reporter/journo) Mick McCarthy and Nigel Pearson are the front runners so we might be ok. 

If Rowett did leave us this summer then an appointment of Mick McCarthy for Derby could prove very successful- he just could be the uninspiring appointment with huge experience that works just like Jim Smith was and he knows how to operate a football team in the championship with no money and has promotions on his CV - uninspiring yes but far from stupid 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

If Rowett did leave us this summer then an appointment of Mick McCarthy for Derby could prove very successful- he just could be the uninspiring appointment with huge experience that works just like Jim Smith was and he knows how to operate a football team in the championship with no money and has promotions on his CV - uninspiring yes but far from stupid 

It'd also give the "Rowett's style is boring" brigade something to look forward to.

Just to point out two obvious facts neither Mel or Gary aren't stupid - if sequential clubs show interest in GR then MM can amend the contract upping the buyout clause by a few quid each time. This is done on the quiet...so when a true big fish comes calling  (Leicester City for example 1_2 seasons time) Mel gets 5 million not 3 million.

3 million mentìoned by others on this forum e.g. dimmu.

The second fact ? 

This is a process and we have to put up with DCFC promoting its own image and that of GR. Rams TV promotes us for example ! 

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

According to Rob Dorset (sky's Midlands reporter/journo) Mick McCarthy and Nigel Pearson are the front runners so we might be ok. 

Let this be a lesson to us all. I'm going to go home tonight and hug my Gary Rowett like I've never hugged him before.

I suggest all Derby fans do the same.

6 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Rowett now evens 

If Peter Coates watched the team and tactics that Rowett put out in the second playoff leg against Fulham then that would be enough to scare any sane man away. Assuming Peter Coates is sane obviously.  

Archived