Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

I like how if you don't rate Rowett you're an "expert/know it all" 

Surely by mocking people like that you're suggesting that any negative opinion of someone doing a job that you're not able to do yourself is unqualified garbage.

Does this apply to all of life? Seen some pretty strong opinions on politics and law. Or is it just football? If so then I assume you were all behind Jewell? Brown? Much love for Claude Davis? 

Or is it more that if you rate Rowett then you are the expert? The know it all? The armchair manager? You know, because you're mocking those with a different opinion? 

I'm happy to admit I couldn't organise a professional football team. I couldn't take a training session at this level. So unfortunately I'm not qualified to say he's overrated. 

Obviously those who rate him are much more qualified. I mean they must be. Otherwise their opinion is as worthless as mine and they really can't mock.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, rynny said:

It means that they have not watched every match we have played this season, therefore they will not have as good of a judgement of how we have played compared to our fans that have.

No they will look at highlights, statistics, talk to their contacts etc. 

Exactly my point mate 

exactly my point

and they appear to want him

so what does that tell u ????

that old gaz raz ain't that bad after all ??? 

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Exactly my point mate 

exactly my point

If Gary does go to Stoke I don’t think there will be many interested in the Derby job. 

5 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

So the football people at stoke see him as Good enough for a premiership side with parachute payments looking for someone to take them straight back up but not good enough for our moaning set of short sighted fans 

says it all really doesn't it guys 

Says it all about the football people at stoke.

5 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

So the football people at stoke see him as Good enough for a premiership side with parachute payments looking for someone to take them straight back up but not good enough for our moaning set of short sighted fans 

says it all really doesn't it guys 

Same Stoke that appointed Paul Lambert?

Stoke aren't a Premiership side with parachute payments. 

And are we sure the football people at Stoke see him as good enough? Have I missed something? 

And the football people at Stoke also said Paul Lambert was good enough to keep them up. In fact Paul Lambert himself said he was good enough. And who knows more about football management and Paul Lambert than the footballer manager Paul Lambert!!? 

1 minute ago, Owd miner said:

Hearat ya sayin but people will take iit . Couple of million ? Who cares wat people say if ya get sacked . wunt have ta worry about payin mortgage would ya , 

No true. 

Whos your choice as next manager then lol. 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

That’s why I asked you .

Patience my friend. 

Patience for what? See all the 30+ year old players signed hit their peak? I'm not the one that needs the patience, it is the club. As I have said to you before, and on other threads, I am more than happy to give Rowett more time, but improvements need to be made, both in playing style and the average age of the squad.

Hence my response to Notts, Stoke may want him, and from the outside he has done a reasonable job but as fans we will have seen that a lot of the season we haven't played very well, and the football wasn't sustainable for the longer term.

So I will ask again, who is it that needs patience? I'm in it for the long haul. I'm hoping I have at least another 50 years of watching us, I am more than happy to spend 1/2/3, however many, years for the club to organise itself, get a good, young, attacking minded team together that wants to win games. I don't really care who the manager is, as long as they show they are capable of doing that.

Patience, I have it, do you? When are you starting this years when are we going to make signings thread? What was it last year 28th May?

1 hour ago, curtains said:

If Gary does go to Stoke I don’t think there will be many interested in the Derby job. 

Why? If Gary chose to go to Stoke, it would mean that we kept a manager for a year and a half without sacking him, and he himself chose to leave us. Wouldn't that prove that Mel is willing to stick with a manager? 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Exactly my point mate 

exactly my point

From the outside looking in, yes not bad at all, but from the inside, the football has been turgid at times, we have looked devoid of attacking ideas. See my post above to curtains. 

Archived