Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

On 25/03/2017 at 06:41, Chester40 said:

My brother in law who is in his 50s insists of touching fists. So awkward!!

PS Kane and Dele Alli. .those hand shakes make you look about 10. It's like Tom Hanks in Big!

In some of the jobs I've done the 'Jamaican handshake' is a godsend.

52 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

An omlette sandwich,interesting.

On a works do once, i ordered Spaghetti Bolognese, and the waitress asked if i wanted veg or peas.

Confused, and somewhat inebriated, i tentatively asked for peas, only for them to be served, in mushy form, on top of the ragu!

Other people's children.

What with the 'urgh I don't eat that' or them rooting in your food cupboard and taking crisps when their parents have told you they only eat fresh fruit.

I took one little ray of sunshine with my kids to the cinema who when presented with a choice of drinks/choc said 'oh my Dad always gets us pick n mix'...well done him but I don't want to take a mortgage out to go to the cinema so any more from you and you'll be headed home..

Sith Happens
On 31/03/2017 at 00:57, Grimbeard said:

The number of parking spaces set aside for the disabled.  Yes, of course there has to be some, and I know that quite often it doesn't matter because there's plenty of other spaces, but I'm sick of driving around half empty car parks looking for a space.

The Tesco in Ilson seems to have about 100 spaces for blue badge holders and another 100 parent and child spaces.

FFS! It's a feckin'  supermarket not bleedin' Lourdes.

Ripley leisure centre is bad for this, I went yesterday struggled to find a space. There must be 25 disabled spaces with not a single car parked in them.

On 31/03/2017 at 19:19, reveldevil said:

On a works do once, i ordered Spaghetti Bolognese, and the waitress asked if i wanted veg or peas.

Confused, and somewhat inebriated, i tentatively asked for peas, only for them to be served, in mushy form, on top of the ragu!

That must have the finest, most elegant, regal restaurant in all of Mansfield.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Drives me nuts when you're in a group of people at a restaurant and after 15 minutes of idle chat, when the waiter comes to the table to ask what they would like to eat/ drink they react with total surprise and say 'Oh I don't know, I haven't looked'.

And then to make it worse they ask what the special is, or soup of the day, or what a certain dish contains and the waiter gives a blank look and says they will need to go to ask.

They then come back and give the information, order placed, everyone happy. Only for said waiter to return and say sorry we have run out of x dish.

Then when the dishes turn up....they wait until everyones are placed in front of them before asking if anyone wants any sauces....so everyone asks and we wait another how many minutes for the sauces to arrive.

Its very common and I just dont get it, why dont they ask before your meal turns up.

Then...if they bother to come and ask if everything is ok, you know its only lip service...in fact often they are turning round ready to go before someone says my steak is under/over cooked etc...then that creates its own set of problems....

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

And then to make it worse they ask what the special is, or soup of the day, or what a certain dish contains and the waiter gives a blank look and says they will need to go to ask.

They then come back and give the information, order placed, everyone happy. Only for said waiter to return and say sorry we have run out of x dish.

Then when the dishes turn up....they wait until everyones are placed in front of them before asking if anyone wants any sauces....so everyone asks and we wait another how many minutes for the sauces to arrive.

Its very common and I just dont get it, why dont they ask before your meal turns up.

Then...if they bother to come and ask if everything is ok, you know its only lip service...in fact often they are turning round ready to go before someone says my steak is under/over cooked etc...then that creates its own set of problems....

They ask you if everything is ok with your meal to insure themselves against tight bleeders who quibble come bill time.

Why they have to ask just as you're taking a mouthful, so it's all you can do to nod I don't know, but it keeps the complaints to a minimum I suppose.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

They ask you if everything is ok with your meal to insure themselves against tight bleeders who quibble come bill time.

Why they have to ask just as you're taking a mouthful, so it's all you can do to nod I don't know, but it keeps the complaints to a minimum I suppose.

How often do you not have food in your mouth when you are eating though?

On 31/03/2017 at 10:23, Mostyn6 said:

when you order a omelette on the Friday sandwich-run, and the thick twits make it and put it in a cob! I'm now eating a bacon, mushroom and cheese cob. It's surprisingly nice though! :lol: 

When you're doing the Sandwich run and someone orders something thats not a sandwich.?