Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

The proposed peak district road tunnel from Sheffield to Manchester and also HS2 just so some impatient people can shave half an hour off journey times.

All at a cost of multi billions.

Meanwhile councils are skint, services are cut and hospitals are in deep trouble.

Priorities.

People first, other playthings for politicians after.

45 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

cyclists with helmet cams, it's fine if you are catching ****** drivers, however stick to the rules and keep off pavements and stop at red lights.

.......and then post their footage on Youtube as though they're some sort of cycling justice warriors; often pursuing, shouting profanities and harassing the motorist who made a mistake. It's as though a motorists mistake is unforgivable but their reckless road rage is justified.

7 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

The proposed peak district road tunnel from Sheffield to Manchester and also HS2 just so some impatient people can shave half an hour off journey times.

Meanwhile councils are skint, services are cut and hospitals are in deep trouble.

Priorities.

I agree with HS2 (I am not aware of the tunnel).  For me I would rather spend the current time it takes to get to London but be able to use wifi for free and make a telephone call without constantly getting cut off.  

13 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I'm not convinced on this HS2 malarky. The thing wont be up and running for decades, by which time video conferencing, data transfer and the like will have progressed to such a degree, 'businessmen' wont need to shave a few minutes off a train journey, they just won't need to travel at all.

Exactly my thinking. Seems totally illogical to me, money would be better spent ensuring everyone in the country has decent internet connectivity. Job interviews, music lessons and so are already being done on Skype or the like so why spend billions saving 30 mins. All bollaeux to me.

9 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Priorities.

That 30 mins is important for us City folk.. You have to remember the north is largely unexplored and canabilism is still popular in Lancashire.. Us Londerners move at a quicker pace..

:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

That 30 mins is important for us City folk.. You have to remember the north is largely unexplored and canabilism is still popular in Lancashire.. Us Londerners move at a quicker pace..

:ph34r:

I love the fact I've just liked your post, that you can't think of anything to write on the 'random things that make you happy' thread...and here you are merrily posting on here! haha. 

8 pages vs 130...who say us Brits are moaning gits?

Just now, Chester40 said:

I love the fact I've just liked your post, that you can't think of anything to write on the 'random things that make you happy' thread...and here you are merrily posting on here! haha. 

8 pages vs 130...who say us Brits are moaning gits?

Haha... Master moaner me.. 

Ive got a rep to maintain.. 

in fact I think I have found something that cheers me up... This thread :D

Having a lovely hot shower...then realising someone has taken the towel off the back of the bathroom door.

Having a relaxing err..number 2...and realising someone has finished the toilet roll and not replaced it.

Having a refreshing glass of fruit juice...only to realise someone has put in back in the fridge with a tiny dribble left in it...

Either my missus is a nightmare or I am impossibly demanding to live with. ...

7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Having a lovely hot shower...then realising someone has taken the towel off the back of the bathroom door.

Having a relaxing err..number 2...and realising someone has finished the toilet roll and not replaced it.

Having a refreshing glass of fruit juice...only to realise someone has put in back in the fridge with a tiny dribble left in it...

Either my missus is a nightmare or I am impossibly demanding to live with. ...

Probably both by the sounds of it Chester ;)

'Vague' radio traffic reports that assume I have an encyclopedic knowledge of the motorway junctions. 

eg I'm on M6 driving up to Liverpool...'we have word of a serious incident..police say the M62 motorway is closed at junction 15, with two hour delays please find an alternative route if possible'...cue panic in the car.

Just bloody clarify and say 'the M62 is closed at the junction 15... for LEEDS'..!!