Keogh ....New Centre Back

NottsRammy

This isn't an all out pop at Keogh as on the whole the whole squad isn't good enough .

I would only keep Carson , Vydra and Davies out of the whole lot possibly Lawrence as he is young.

Just a thought could we sell Keogh ( as we all know he has a mistake in him when it matters most ) and replace within our ranks . Whats peoples thought on moving Huddlestone to that position ?. He has played it before and we would have a ball passing centre half then . It would take out of midfield his lack of pace for next season . Obviously we will have to replace with younger fitter legs and a tackler.If that doesn't make sense what about Wisdom ?  being paired with Davies.

Money is going to be tight next year and its just a thought of saving a few pennies and something good coming out of who we currently have.

I would keep Vydra but what I don't like about him is he seems to be have to be told he is the best thing since sliced bread every game to get his confidence up , I like players with a bit more steel about them than that . Football today seems to be full of Molly coddled players on high wages .

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The defending from Keogh for the 2nd goal was absolutely abysmal. 

Following Assombalonga into the box. Then for some reason decides to leave him in the middle of the box and run off. 

His days here are hopefully numbered. 

I've watched this about 5 times and I have no idea why on earth he runs off. No idea at all. 

20 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

This isn't an all out pop at Keogh as on the whole the whole squad isn't good enough .

I would only keep Carson , Vydra and Davies out of the whole lot possibly Lawrence as he is young.

Just a thought could we sell Keogh ( as we all know he has a mistake in him when it matters most ) and replace within our ranks . Whats peoples thought on moving Huddlestone to that position ?. He has played it before and we would have a ball passing centre half then . It would take out of midfield his lack of pace for next season . Obviously we will have to replace with younger fitter legs and a tackler.If that doesn't make sense what about Wisdom ?  being paired with Davies.

Money is going to be tight next year and its just a thought of saving a few pennies and something good coming out of who we currently have.

I would keep Vydra but what I don't like about him is he seems to be have to be told he is the best thing since sliced bread every game to get his confidence up , I like players with a bit more steel about them than that . Football today seems to be full of Molly coddled players on high wages .

I can't take any post seriously that includes the comment "we all know he has a mistake in him when it matters most" as if he is the only culprit. 

13 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Following Assombalonga into the box. Then for some reason decides to leave him in the middle of the box and run off. 

I've watched this about 5 times and I have no idea why on earth he runs off. No idea at all. 

Have to agree with your assessment. That was appalling defending. Keogh ran to where there were a number of Derby players already for no sensible reason.

If we could be a little more attacking, retain the ball a little more, we wouldn't have to do so much defending.

When our offensive tactics are, actually I'm not quite sure what they are, so when they are as rubbish as they are despite having about five 1st team coaches under    Rowett, the ball will come back at us a heck of a lot more.

24 minutes ago, KCG said:

Have to agree with your assessment. That was appalling defending. Keogh ran to where there were a number of Derby players already for no sensible reason.

It’s almost laughable. Been a staunch defender of Keogh over the years but you have to say that is appalling defending. 100% needs to be replaced.

Yeah agreed. Keogh’s become a liability at the moment and isn’t contributing anything offensively or defensively. 

Huddlestone at centre back would be an interesting choice and one I’d be in favour of. He played there for Hull last season under Marco Silva and did well by all accounts.

I’d also like to see Wisdom given ago as a centre back, after all we bought him off his good spell with Salzburg, where he played at centre back.

38 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

He's been good for us, but he does need to move on in the summer. Fresh start would do both him and the club good in my opinion. I'd like to see 2 new CB's signed this summer. 

Wisdom at centre eback could be an option and then buy an attacking right back who can also defend.

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

First time I’ve seen this....just...wow

5 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Huddlestone wouldn't cut it at CB, looks like his legs have gone. Happens to some players sooner than others. 

Vydra will be sold for slightly more than we paid for him if offers come in. 

5 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Jesus that’s the first time I’ve seen this! Now that is the definition of appalling defending, no awareness whatsoever. Not for the first time this season either, was the same at Reading, he doesn’t seem to have the awareness good players need to have. Hes always been a conundrum really, I’ve never been convinced of him as a defender, but he’s good with the ball and all teams need an outlet from the back, without it we end up with a Pearce lumping it situation. He’s a bit like a championship John stones really, not a class defender but you’d find it hard to replace him as an outlet. If we can find a direct replacement I’d look to thank him for his service and switch him out, might be best for all party’s.

Hadn't noticed this.

Watching it back he's trying to cut out the pass, but he doesn't need too he's marking the only available player and there are three players around the man with the ball.

why he rushes to join them is a mystery, it's like 5 year olds footy. I think he's done really well for us, but that is such a poor piece of "defending".

I’ve been a huge fan of Richard Keogh over the years. He’s been a servant to derby county, deservedly twice player of the year. Until February he has had an excellent season. But enough is enough. At the business end of the season when it matters he forgets everything that makes him a good player and runs around like a headless chicken chasing the ball. At fault against Sunderland, at Fulham’s second by Sessegnon where he did exactly the same as with assombalonga chasing the ball. There were other games since February where he has been badly at fault through forgetting the basics of defending.

Time to move him on.

im not scapegoating him, there are others who are far worse and I would get rid of before him, but due to his reputation and the fact he can be a good player. We might get some cash for him.

I also think it’s time for Huddlestone to move to defence. His positional sense is excellent, he started his career there and I thought he would always be a better centre half than midfield due to his lack of mobility (that was 13 years ago), I think his unbelievable passing ability meant he has forged an excellent career in midfield but if he wants to prolong his career, I think moving into defence could be a good move for him. 

56 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Hadn't noticed this.

Watching it back he's trying to cut out the pass, but he doesn't need too he's marking the only available player and there are three players around the man with the ball.

why he rushes to join them is a mystery, it's like 5 year olds footy. I think he's done really well for us, but that is such a poor piece of "defending".

Not the first time. It’s like he’s hyper, heard something (probably rubbish) that he has 6 espressos before a match!! No wonder if that’s true.

Archived