Keogh ....New Centre Back

NottsRammy

There were a couple of occasions on Saturday when he went marauding into the opposition half only to pass the ball sideways and leave us short at the back - I was screaming at him to stay back and do his damn job. Seems that since we've been on this poor run his judgement has gone to pieces and he's just trying too hard at times....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Gaspode said:

There were a couple of occasions on Saturday when he went marauding into the opposition half only to pass the ball sideways and leave us short at the back - I was screaming at him to stay back and do his damn job. Seems that since we've been on this poor run his judgement has gone to pieces and he's just trying too hard at times....

Yep , reckon rowett sees that and that’s why he was dropped ,,, same with fozzy in terms of they can look good and have very decent games but the truth is when the chips are down they lose all discipline and ability to think then start running round like schoolboys ,, it’s like putting ,, great on the practise green ,, great early and mid round but late on when that decent putting has put you in with a chance of winning can you putt then and the truth is no they can’t , we have had too many players like that over the last few years and once you it gets in your head that you can’t hold it together when the chips are down it will just keep happening 

I don't think he's gotten worse. I just think it's become more obvious. He's always ran 30 yards and then passed it sideways. Hell, even that Cardiff idiot called that in that 'banter' WhatsApp video. 

As for mistakes, the guys an idiot. Wanted rid since virtually the first time I saw him get mugged off by Mansfield and Burton in his first preseason. 

Has had an unreal career given his ability. Fair play to him, but I'd rather he was robbing someone else than Derby. 

6 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I don't think he's gotten worse. I just think it's become more obvious. He's always ran 30 yards and then passed it sideways. Hell, even that Cardiff idiot called that in that 'banter' WhatsApp video. 

As for mistakes, the guys an idiot. Wanted rid since virtually the first time I saw him get mugged off by Mansfield and Burton in his first preseason. 

Has had an unreal career given his ability. Fair play to him, but I'd rather he was robbing someone else than Derby. 

Think that is harsh. The guy has been a great servant to the club and gives his all. He has deservedly won POTY twice, been called up by Martin O'Neil and done quite well in international football. He had a good start to the season but hasn't been so good of late, but then you can say the same about the majority of players since Christmas. I do like the idea of Huddlestone at Centre Back though....

PistoldPete2
On 22/04/2018 at 13:34, MACKWORTHRAM said:

The defending from Keogh for the 2nd goal was absolutely abysmal. 

Following Assombalonga into the box. Then for some reason decides to leave him in the middle of the box and run off. 

His days here are hopefully numbered. 

I've watched this about 5 times and I have no idea why on earth he runs off. No idea at all. 

Isnt asombalonga off side?

19 hours ago, Gaspode said:

You were screaming at him?

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

image.png.32c2bacbd22af8fdc4799a8eba52cee7.png

image.png

Sorry not very good at this editing lark but the ball has just left the Boro players foot and asombalonga looks offside to me.  Certainly Keogh may be standing in no mans land but he isnt playing him onside that for sure. 

22 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’ve been a huge fan of Richard Keogh over the years. He’s been a servant to derby county, deservedly twice player of the year. Until February he has had an excellent season. But enough is enough. At the business end of the season when it matters he forgets everything that makes him a good player and runs around like a headless chicken chasing the ball. At fault against Sunderland, at Fulham’s second by Sessegnon where he did exactly the same as with assombalonga chasing the ball. There were other games since February where he has been badly at fault through forgetting the basics of defending.

Time to move him on.

im not scapegoating him, there are others who are far worse and I would get rid of before him, but due to his reputation and the fact he can be a good player. We might get some cash for him.

I also think it’s time for Huddlestone to move to defence. His positional sense is excellent, he started his career there and I thought he would always be a better centre half than midfield due to his lack of mobility (that was 13 years ago), I think his unbelievable passing ability meant he has forged an excellent career in midfield but if he wants to prolong his career, I think moving into defence could be a good move for him. 

This. Really like Keogh but at the same time he is one of the few constants in the perennial bottling we get when it comes to the crunch. Time for somebody else to see if they can do better I think. A good servant to the club no doubt.

4 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

This. Really like Keogh but at the same time he is one of the few constants in the perennial bottling we get when it comes to the crunch. Time for somebody else to see if they can do better I think. A good servant to the club no doubt.

I don’t want to believe it or think it, but since February I’m watching him make the same mistakes game after game and giving away goals. I can forgive him passing to the opposition occasionally as his passing is often on the edge but effective as he can take players out the game, but running around chasing after the ball leaving his man?!  He’s a senior player!

5 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

Wasn't anything to do with the recent hopeless performance's against burton and wolves tho.

Unless he's got some malign influence from the stand.:lol:

5 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Sorry not very good at this editing lark but the ball has just left the Boro players foot and asombalonga looks offside to me.  Certainly Keogh may be standing in no mans land but he isnt playing him onside that for sure. 

I think Davies is playing him on, just.

Not his fault, certainly is Keoghs. 

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

I think Davies is playing him on, just.

Not his fault, certainly is Keoghs. 

It is appalling. Were it a one off you could put it down as a brief lapse of judgement but it is far from that. I can't work Keogh out, looks like a top level champ defender when the season starts, by the end, i have no idea what he is thinking. He has had some very solid cb partners at Derby in Buxton, Shackell and Davies. Unlike those, I just don't think he has the mentality, the calmness in pressure situations.

7 hours ago, BondJovi said:

It is appalling. Were it a one off you could put it down as a brief lapse of judgement but it is far from that. I can't work Keogh out, looks like a top level champ defender when the season starts, by the end, i have no idea what he is thinking. He has had some very solid cb partners at Derby in Buxton, Shackell and Davies. Unlike those, I just don't think he has the mentality, the calmness in pressure situations.

Maybe Keogh is a pre Christmas centre half and we need a post Christmas one in the squad too ,,, I’m by no means a keough knocker and like him as a player and a bloke but I do see a pattern now and believe he gets hyper and loses all discipline once we get in a position to kick on for promotion ,real shame because he is one player I would love to see standing in front of the derby fans with his name being chanted having won promotion but I’m not sure he is able to keep a grip on his emotions in the pressure situation at season s end and have the calm assured confidence needed at the heart of our defence

I have no doubts Keogh's time as a Derby player is coming to an end. I've said the same about Martin previously. I just hope that we don't replace him in a similar vein to Martin. 

I know Keogh gets a lot of stick, but have you seen some of the defending at this level? It's difficult to find a decent player at a reasonable price. No doubt we'll end up with some clogger who'll be told to try and kick the ball as close to the corner flag as many times as possible. 

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I have no doubts Keogh's time as a Derby player is coming to an end. I've said the same about Martin previously. I just hope that we don't replace him in a similar vein to Martin. 

I know Keogh gets a lot of stick, but have you seen some of the defending at this level? It's difficult to find a decent player at a reasonable price. No doubt we'll end up with some clogger who'll be told to try and kick the ball as close to the corner flag as many times as possible. 

Hear hear.

£6m for Aden Flint was being talked about last couple of transfer windows and he's someone who I don't see as being particularly superior to Keogh. So if we are looking for a much lower spend than that we'll end up with someone like Kyle Macfadzean........

22 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Hear hear.

£6m for Aden Flint was being talked about last couple of transfer windows and he's someone who I don't see as being particularly superior to Keogh. So if we are looking for a much lower spend than that we'll end up with someone like Kyle Macfadzean........

Everyone has a tug over Flint but he’s nothing more than a goal-scoring Alex Pearce. Utter lump.

11 minutes ago, cannable said:

Everyone has a tug over Flint but he’s nothing more than a goal-scoring Alex Pearce. Utter lump.

Hear hear (again) - Brighton reportedly offered £6m. Bonkers. But if that's the market then realistically how much would a talented ball playing centre half who might improve end up costing us? This is where we should be looking closely at what prospects we have in the production line. If there's one we think might make it but who is a bit young then we should be looking for a loan and to develop our own.

I think Gary just assuming he should go into the market is potentially just lazy thinking and poor planning.

Archived