Has he?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If everyone thought all you had to do was ride it out until you come out the other side no manager would ever lose his job!!! thats because unless its the correct appointment in the first place what good would riding it out do??? only mean even longer to wait for something positive......Where have these notions come from that GR will come good ??

He is a good manager for clubs like Burton and Brum I get why and how he was perceived to have done well at those clubs because the expectations are different but both clubs played similar style football to what we are being treated too now!!!

So GR is not going to change much IMO the problem now is that GR will probably get more time based on the fact that MM has been a bit trigger happy previously.

Marco Silva ( I wish) Mark Warburton are managers who try to get there teams playing football and if we had appointed MW instead of GR I'd be saying give him time , based on how his teams have played once its his team and Jokanovic is the same who needed time at Fulham , the problem is for me I do not think GR is the right man for us and although is a top bloke it doesn't make him right for us.

5 hours ago, Doodle said:

What have previous transfers got to do with signing Jerome and giving Thorne and Forsyth lucrative new contracts, whilst only signing Palmer on loan who plays in the exact position as our best player??? He was restricted by previous managers, agreed. But on that evidence, it’s probably a good thing 

I thought it would be clear what they had to do with it!. Lots of money spent on drivel which has meant we can only get loans, small fees such as the Jerome deal. Giving them two contracts is probably so we can get a fee rather than keep them, I bet though you were a Thorne fan once ?. 

The reality is that to sack him would be bloody madness, unthinkable in my mind and I know everyone has and is entitled to their opinion but for me personally it’s a select group of people wanting it, I’d say clueless but that’s just my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, Saity said:

If everyone thought all you had to do was ride it out until you come out the other side no manager would ever lose his job!!! thats because unless its the correct appointment in the first place what good would riding it out do??? only mean even longer to wait for something positive......Where have these notions come from that GR will come good ??

He is a good manager for clubs like Burton and Brum I get why and how he was perceived to have done well at those clubs because the expectations are different but both clubs played similar style football to what we are being treated too now!!!

So GR is not going to change much IMO the problem now is that GR will probably get more time based on the fact that MM has been a bit trigger happy previously.

Marco Silva ( I wish) Mark Warburton are managers who try to get there teams playing football and if we had appointed MW instead of GR I'd be saying give him time , based on how his teams have played once its his team and Jokanovic is the same who needed time at Fulham , the problem is for me I do not think GR is the right man for us and although is a top bloke it doesn't make him right for us.

Bet u wouldn't have given him time

I can categorically tell u that warburton was hounded out of forest cos his football was branded dull and boring 

For the record I would have been happy if we had got warburton too. 

But forest would have 60 plus percent possession and not register a shot on target, this went on and on and on until he was sacked

so he was basically sacked for being boring... would u have got behind that ?

i know what ur answer will be, and I agree I'd rather still get behind a guy that is at least trying to play football but I wager warburton would have got about the same length of time as rowett before getting hammer from the fans if we went god knows how games without mustering a shot and losing abjectly in the process 

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I can categorically tell u that warburton was hounded out of forest cos his football was branded dull and boring 

Then you're categorically wrong. They scored a huge amount of goals, just conceded a lot and he didn't agree with their transfer policy. 

13 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Then you're categorically wrong. They scored a huge amount of goals, just conceded a lot and he didn't agree with their transfer policy. 

Erm no I'm not 

trust me my old fruit I live with arse holes I hear about them daily 

they had bags and bags of the ball, side ways and backwards backwards and sideways 

muster a couple of long range efforts maybe even the odd goal but they'd still lose the game by the odd goal having let the opposition see out the game with very little to worry about  

One old boy season ticket holder I know started to take a book to read... true story 

25 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Erm no I'm not 

they had bags and bags of the ball, side ways and backwards backwards and sideways 

muster a couple of long range efforts maybe even the odd goal but they'd still lose the game by the odd goal having let the opposition see out the game with very little to worry about  

One old boy season ticket holder I know started to take a book to read... true story 

Bollux - as if they can read.

9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

He took colouring pencils too.

Had to ask for help though, once dot to dot went beyond 10. 12.

fixed

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Like the previous 4 or 5 ... 

our problem is we'll never be happy til it's bleeding obvious, sometimes u have to just ride it out and come out the other side 

The football I've seen this year has been the worst since Pearson's short reign,that's what I can't stand.....he makes the football eith Clough and Clement look positively scintillating by comparison

So,yes,stick with a manager but let's see that he has the basic idea of how to play good football first,we can then build around that.

Taking Gary on should have been seen to be against what we want in the first place...his football was the same at Burton and Birmingham,it wasn't going to suddenly become interesting when he joined us.

Unfortunately an example of Mel's,well meant but confused thinking.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Erm no I'm not 

My mates an ardent forest fan and said that Warburton was all about attack and that they scored lots of goals but the defence was shaky...but no-one ever got bored!

For me now, he’s got to go, to many false dawns and promises that have never materialised or completely done the opposite of, some of them obvious and some of them criminal: 

1. he regarded anything other than top 2 this season as a failure - we’ve failed then

2. He said there would be a totally different mindset and fitness to the team that bottled the year before also - there isn’t, at all, in fact the squad look as unfit as I’ve ever seen them

3. He said he wanted to move away from signing old premier league has beens on big wages and move existing players on who had been here for to long and needed a fresh challenge - signs Davies/ Huddlestone / Jerome and gives new contracts to Forsyth, Thorne, Hanson etc, sells our best players and replaces them with dross, leaves us with a horrifically old squad with no resale value, stuck with old, high earners who nobody will buy in the summer and players who should have been moved on are now sat on big fat contracts and are going nowhere  

4. Said he would invest in the youth set up and involve the youngsters from the academy - hasn’t happened and our best academy prospects loaned out to lower leagues instead, considering we have cat 1 status, is our academy even that good? I would say no 

Do I trust Rowett with another full summer transfer window, absolutely no, If history is anything to go by, say goodbye to Vydra and hello to a couple of 30+ passionless journeymen cloggers who will offer us absolutely nothing. 

This club is on the decline, it’s like death by a thousand cuts 

Archived