Has he?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Dude. Please let the play offs go.

theyve gone, we're not good enough

i want success as much as the next man, but if we were to go up it would be worse than the billy/Jewell season

let it go :) 

People say that a lot but that’s not necessarily true is it. That summer window we went up we only really signed clod Davies and earnshaw. We were so unprepared due to the recruitment it was almost laughable. We would have far more money to strengthen if we went up, not that this recruitment would buy the right players but that’s a different issue all together.

But starting a rumour on an internet forum is easy. if you're #ITK

Our form dramatically dropped off around the same time Ed Dawes and Craig Rammage started having "commentator" marital difficulties. #ITK The toxic jealousy is why OB went to RamsTV, Colin Gibson was trying to mediate but Mel insisted he not involve himself with Radio Derby. The fall out of this was deeply upsetting to the players, particularly Lawrence and Vydra, who were crying themselves to sleet every night in the commentary box.  It's all true, I know this because someone at radio derby told me and another person who hangs around outside the training ground also told me. It's all true. Just because I made it up.

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

As much as I want him sacked, it would be crazy to sack him now...or would it?

a change could be what we need to make the playoffs, let’s be honest it isn’t happening with Gary in charge.

Can I ask if you were asking for him to be appointed as Manager and can I ask if you were wanting him sacked when we hit 2nd spot??. 

Just now, Shaftesbury st said:

Can I ask if you were asking for him to be appointed as Manager and can I ask if you were wanting him sacked when we hit 2nd spot??. 

These type of posts always look stupid to me. Of course we didn’t want him sacked when we were second because he was doing his job then, now he’s not meeting expectations so we want him out. Simple as.

7 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

People say that a lot but that’s not necessarily true is it. That summer window we went up we only really signed clod Davies and earnshaw. We were so unprepared due to the recruitment it was almost laughable. We would have far more money to strengthen if we went up, not that this recruitment would buy the right players but that’s a different issue all together.

True but surely u have to have something that resembles a core of players u know u can rely upon.

bar Carson I'm really genuinely struggling

would also probably mean we'd need to bring in 7-8 players minimum and have them hit the ground running.

would be a very very tall order and the likliehood is it would just end in tears and big expensive contracts 

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

These type of posts always look stupid to me. Of course we didn’t want him sacked when we were second because he was doing his job then, now he’s not meeting expectations so we want him out. Simple as.

So what were your 'expectations' before the season started?

Just now, Millenniumram said:

I think it’s a clueless reaction to a problem we should all have seen all season, even in 2nd spot.

we were never good enough, we were always hampered by financial restraints of other managers wasted buys. To sack him would be madness. You say he was doing his job so you were happy then, did you not think we were over achieving?, or did you get just carried away by a false league position?. 

I can’t believe it is true, but a new manager bounce could get us in the play offs I suppose. 2 wins or 1 win 1 draw could see us scrape in. The only thing would be who would replace him. The only realistic options are Mick McCarthy or Darren Wassall. MM would be able to arrive tomorrow morning. If he does, I will go Tuesday and Saturday, if as I suspect no change occurs, I’m staying away. He will be sacked by half way through next season though. Arsene lost his job at Arsenal due to empty seats. Much more of this dross and our gates will drop to the low end of 20 k and Gary will bite the dust

17 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

I never wanted Rowett appointed, I thought it stunk of a Nigel Clough type appointment where the fans would buy into it given the name and connection.  I thought the sacking of Steve proved that Mel wanted a yes man who would willingly sell the silverware, whereas Steve would have been demanding to keep our best players and buy more.

His exploits in the summer transfer window did nothing to change my mind.

When we were second I honestly thought my initial thoughts were wrong and with a few astute signings in Jan he might actually take us up. Unfortunately Gary Rowett actually weakened us in January and again proved to me that he is not the man to take us forward.

dont even get me started on his youth policy, which is more akin to a pink coconut over 25s night.

PistoldPete2
5 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I can’t believe it is true, but a new manager bounce could get us in the play offs I suppose. 2 wins or 1 win 1 draw could see us scrape in. The only thing would be who would replace him. The only realistic options are Mick McCarthy or Darren Wassall. MM would be able to arrive tomorrow morning. If he does, I will go Tuesday and Saturday, if as I suspect no change occurs, I’m staying away. He will be sacked by half way through next season though. Arsene lost his job at Arsenal due to empty seats. Much more of this dross and our gates will drop to the low end of 20 k and Gary will bite the dust

Mac 3 is another possibility I guess even if its only a temporary move.

5 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

I think it’s a clueless reaction to a problem we should all have seen all season, even in 2nd spot.

we were never good enough, we were always hampered by financial restraints of other managers wasted buys. To sack him would be madness. You say he was doing his job so you were happy then, did you not think we were over achieving?, or did you get just carried away by a false league position?. 

What financial constraints? I’m sure a lot of managers, for example Neil Harris who would have like to have spunked millions on Jerome for example.  I suppose these constraints meant he couldn’t change the formation to suit the players at his disposal, or send CM and Bryson out on loan?  

I wonder if the drop off we experienced after sitting second was also contributed by a manager who brought in several over 30 year olds who’s fitness and form started to suffer as the result of his kick and rush tactics in such a demanding league, three players that we were forced to buy because we were under financial constraints, I presume they are playing for peanuts and took wage cuts to join us?

Yes the manager was over achieving and will get results the way he plays, but to get out of this league you need to be brave, play a formation that results in scoring goals putting pressure on the opponent, he doesn’t his first thought is to defend, unfortunately one of worst managers we have had.

Archived