Has he?

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yes, because they took a chance on a manager. They appointed an unknown quantity and took a risk, and it paid off. That is exactly what I'm implying Derby should do.

My only problem with this is that I see us as taking too many chances re our recent Managers - Nigel, Clement, Wassall, Rowett have all been gambles, and none of them have really worked. Let's be fair, even when we went for Mac originally, that was a pretty big gamble.

Having chanced our arm that many times, I'd rather this time, we just have a go the other way and go for someone who's actually done it before, consistently (ie more than once).

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

My only problem with this is that I see us as taking too many chances re our recent Managers - Nigel, Clement, Wassall, Rowett have all been gambles, and none of them have really worked. Let's be fair, even when we went for Mac originally, that was a pretty big gamble.

Having chanced our arm that many times, I'd rather this time, we just have a go the other way and go for someone who's actually done it before, consistently (ie more than once).

What u mean like we already have done in Nigel Pearson ??? lmao 

Call me a revolutionist but how about we actually stick with one manger for more than a season, that might be a starting point 

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

Call me a revolutionist but how about we actually stick with one manger for more than a season, that might be a starting point 

Pearson has no consistent track record of success in the Championship.

I agree though, it's about time we stuck with a Manager. Hopefully the next one. Definitely not this one.

4 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Pearson has no consistent track record of success in the Championship.

I agree though, it's about time we stuck with a Manager. Hopefully the next one. Definitely not this one.

We know full well he was appointed as a guy with proven record at this level aka he had years or experience at this level and by taking a club up was regarded as a manager who "knows what it takes" to get a club up... he wasn't regarded as a gamble

Turns out though he was lol 

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

We know full well he was appointed as a guy with proven record at this level aka he had years or experience at this level and by taking a club up was regarded as a manager who "knows what it takes" to get a club up... he wasn't regarded as a gamble

Turns out though he was lol 

He's still only ever completed four full seasons in the Championship. The only time he took a side up it was the Leicester side that it would have been harder NOT to take up.

I think he benefitted most from their owners £££ and Steve Walsh's scouting.

33 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Ah. The classic. Turn to personal remarks, classy. 

Why is that obvious? If you're talking about signing well known players, sure. If you look abroad, you can find cheap, good attackers that can supplement what we already have. Our defense isn't even that bad, it just needs new fullbacks. Defending isn't really the main problem for us to fix, midfield and attack is our main issue. 

Yes, because they took a chance on a manager. They appointed an unknown quantity and took a risk, and it paid off. That is exactly what I'm implying Derby should do.

Point 1, granted a dig which wasn’t pertinent or warranted 

Point 2 just look at the transfer history of every division in every country since football was invented. Forwards command more money than defenders, not a debate, just a fact

Point 3 I’m talking short term. If we appoint a new manager, he needs to be up to speed with the championship.  Not someone who can learn on the job 

51 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

A few more games and he'll have been here more than a season :whistle:

41 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

He's still only ever completed four full seasons in the Championship. The only time he took a side up it was the Leicester side that it would have been harder NOT to take up.

I think he benefitted most from their owners £££ and Steve Walsh's scouting.

About to sacked by Everton, so rumour has it. 

5 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Dude. Please let the play offs go.

theyve gone, we're not good enough

i want success as much as the next man, but if we were to go up it would be worse than the billy/Jewell season

let it go :) 

Up to the Burton game I thought (hoped) there was still something in this team if they dug deep enough, but the game at the Pirelli confirmed we are just not very good. We have a couple of individuals who sometimes look top players but we are actually a mid table team at very best. I really wouldn't want to be in the play offs for this fact to be confirmed in front of the cameras (again)

2 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

He'll be here Tuesday night ,eight or ninth promotion I believe.

3 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

its too late rowett should of tried something weeks ago and the new manager might get a few points on the table but i really wouldnt want promotion i would be happy to make the playoffs for a bit more £££ but we are not good enough for prem 

J. Agree with the benefit of extra ££, but there’s a real risk we might fluke it into the Prem and we ain’t ready for it. Need a serious drains up at the end of the season and be ready to go again in the Championship next season. So, I kinda hope we finish 7th! Never thought I’d say that, but I am genuinely worried about the state of the club right now.  

Biggest shock to come from this thread is that there's another Derby County forum knocking about. Surely if someone is in the business of making up a "Gary's gone" rumour, they'd do it on here where they can get much more attention ;):lol:

3 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Find it strange that this thread hasn’t been locked..... seeing as transfer threads get locked up pretty sharpish based on rumour.... 

I wish they would lock it ,I keep coming on here in the vain hope that the thread will change to has he yes get the fook in.

Archived