Mel Morris - Please read.

Pearson

Rowett has already been afforded quite a while, more than the average reign of a manager these days certainly! I know some may argue it’s for the worse, but you don’t get time in football nowadays without success to back it up. The collapse from second hit its peak on Saturday, has to be time up for Gary.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pearson said:

Mel, if you are reading this please sit GR down and reassure him, even if we fail to make the play offs, that his position is secure.

You employed, quiet correctly, a proven, hungry manger that is more than capable of leading us to the Premiership. You will undoubtedly have observed the social media outpourings which, in my opinion, are idiotic and unfounded in calling for the removal of our manager.

This is an all too familiar call when supporters, some with grandiose expectations, and no appreciation of the nuances of the game. From my prospective we are making head way even though it may appear not to be the case after some performances.

Our last period of true stability was under Clough, who, again my opinion, would have led us to the premier had he been allowed to see that season out. Successful sides are developed over a period of time, at least over a three year period. Rowett needs that time to deliver what you have asked him to do, and as the trigger sackings over the past few years have proven, it will ultimately get us nowhere.

The supporters of West Brom, Stoke and Sunderland all made the same call believing falsely that it would be in the best interests of their clubs who were then having a poor run. We need to be very careful in what we wish for.

You are the owner and supporter of a club I care a lot about so I am asking you to be patient, considered and trust the capable manager you have employed.

Finally somebody who actually seems to have their head screwed on. Hats off to you sir!!! I agree 110% with what you’re saying. As fans we just need to be patient. Can’t stop pressing the “clapping hands” reaction on you’re original post so..... ??????????????

3 hours ago, Pearson said:

Mel, if you are reading this please sit GR down and reassure him, even if we fail to make the play offs, that his position is secure.

You employed, quiet correctly, a proven, hungry manger that is more than capable of leading us to the Premiership. You will undoubtedly have observed the social media outpourings which, in my opinion, are idiotic and unfounded in calling for the removal of our manager.

How is he proven. "More than capable". Well even if we do get promoted there's still going to be this boring ***** served up.

This is an all too familiar call when supporters, some with grandiose expectations, and no appreciation of the nuances of the game. From my prospective we are making head way even though it may appear not to be the case after some performances.

We're heading in the right direction but some performances make it appear we're not. So we ignore them and focus on only the good ones. Based on that even Paul Jewell, from my new perspective, would have got us promoted.  

Our last period of true stability was under Clough, who, again my opinion, would have led us to the premier had he been allowed to see that season out. Successful sides are developed over a period of time, at least over a three year period. Rowett needs that time to deliver what you have asked him to do, and as the trigger sackings over the past few years have proven, it will ultimately get us nowhere.

Again it's based on your opinion rather than evidence. Your basically telling others their opinion is wrong because you believe something will happen with nothing to support it. Clough never finished close to the play offs. 

Why 3 years? Nobody wanted to give Mac 3 years. Wolves and Cardiff aren't in year 3. Bristol aren't? What's with the 3 years? 

The supporters of West Brom, Stoke and Sunderland all made the same call believing falsely that it would be in the best interests of their clubs who were then having a poor run. We need to be very careful in what we wish for.

West Brom were promoted with Di Matteo and Sunderland with... Can't even remember. They changed managers and stayed up. Leicester changed manager and won the league. Watford have changed manager several times. Arsenal haven't. There's examples to "prove" any point you want

You are the owner and supporter of a club I care a lot about so I am asking you to be patient, considered and trust the capable manager you have employed.

Capable? Of what? A bright future of young hungry players playing exciting stuff? Capable of promotion and then defending defeats like we did at Wolves.

It's your opinion that Rowett is the man. It's other that he's not. That makes everyone else idiotic and unable to understand the nuances of the game?

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't realise make weights had to cost so much? That seem a poor waste of transfer budget when Gary is so close to FFP with all his financial restraints? You carry on with your ex-Ram takes us to the Prem dreams...

1.5 million is nothing these days, probably nearly got that loaning Martin out, you have always wanted Gary to fail, well guess what he might prove you wrong, will revisit this conversation this time next year.

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Just where is the funding for that coming from? Morris has already pulled up the drawbridge. All that in the next window, fella it ain’t gonna happen.

Hopefully by getting rid of some of the dead wood, Bent, Baird, Butterfield, Olsson, Johnson, Nugent and Martin, if all these did go we would cut our wage bill quite a bit, but whoever was the manager it will take some time to rebuild the squad , all players were here last summer, so give Gary time, we need a bit of stability, to many managers in the last few years, have not helped our position. It's not all down to MR Rowett, we have been miss managed for the last few seasons, do you not agree.

43 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Hopefully by getting rid of some of the dead wood, Bent, Baird, Butterfield, Olsson, Johnson, Nugent and Martin, if all these did go we would cut our wage bill quite a bit, but whoever was the manager it will take some time to rebuild the squad , all players were here last summer, so give Gary time, we need a bit of stability, to many managers in the last few years, have not helped our position. It's not all down to MR Rowett, we have been miss managed for the last few seasons, do you not agree.

I agree we have been mismnaged and Rowett takes some of the blame there as well..

Those players wont attract much in terms of fees. Who would want these players?

You are talking about decent replacements for these and Morris wont sanction that. How much would you pay for the striker you want?

I'm sure you've made some coherent points but the fact you've said this:

On 07/02/2018 at 17:32, Pearson said:

Can we please dispel the myth that Hughes was/is a great player. He is not and was one of the prime reasons we were treading water.

He was sold for a reasonable amount considering his ability and the money has been put to good use in the development of a side capable of gaining promotion.

The fact that he has only made four starts at Watford probably says it all.

means I have reason to doubt you what you say is true.

8 hours ago, Derby blood said:

1.5 million is nothing these days, probably nearly got that loaning Martin out, you have always wanted Gary to fail...

I haven't always wanted Rowett to fail, you throw around silly comments but it doesn't help your arguments. Gary talked a great talk pre and early season, but he puts none of it into practice. We were dire but relatively successful, now we're just dire and the players are disenchanted. Actually after Davies' comment about *some* not putting effort in I imagine they're disenchanted and divided - well done Gary!

I just don't understand what's going on at Derby.

This is near enough the same team that went on to brick outhouse our way to 2nd place. Yes, the football was never fluid a la Mac1, but we were winning games, by being pretty solid off the ball, and being clinical on the ball. We can't just have been 'lucky' through that period, and we beat some good teams in that run, look at Villa and Millwall now.

Very little has changed that us fans can see - Rowett's tactics, staff, players in the 18, can only presume that the coaching hasn't changed - so why has the standard of performances and results dropped so far? 7 goals conceded in 2 games against the bottom two, and 1 win in the 4 games we've played against them.

Yes, some of Rowett's tactics are questionable, and so are some of the selections. But it can't just be that. There's enough knowhow and experience out there on the pitch to avoid making the kind of stupid decisions the players are making. I've seen better defending on Sunday league pitches than in the lead up to Burton's goals.

But equally, it can't just be the players, surely? Even if it's not for Derby, it should be for their own professional pride. If they are downing tools because of Rowett, then what's so different now, from earlier on in the season? Fair weather players? If so, then I want them gone, as soon as.

We can only speculate as fans, because there's so much we don't know. But the playing side of DCFC seems a mess. And that's without mentioning the recruitment. I'm not going there, because that's a mess of its own accord, somewhat exacerbated by the constant merry-go-round of managers.

I hope we don't sack Rowett. Not because I'm particularly enjoying the football at the minute. It's because, if we do, then the whole process starts again, like some sick recurring nightmare. Manager Z has Managers W through Y's worth of players for 4 different styles, and probably with silly contracts. Not to mention the compensation due on a contract where Gary's signature has not long dried.

But what to do? Can only hope that the off-season results in a coherent recruitment strategy, for something more like Clough/Mac1's team, in terms of budget. Problem is, we've made a rod for our own backs by paying silly fees and wages - as per Rowett's comment in the last Fans Forum - clubs are telling us double because we're Derby County. 

I love the club, and I'll buy season tickets for as long as I can afford to. But I'm losing faith with the club in its current guise, from top to bottom.

I think the problem for me personally is that I am starting to not care. I should be annoyed with the performances and especially the results against the likes of Sunderland, but I just don't seem to care now.

My frustration has just turned in to total apathy. I'm looking at the Boro game and I should be fired up knowing it's a chance to get back in the mix against a rival, but I am finding it hard to care. I know we will set up the same way we did against Burton and watch our team try and defend (ineffectively) for 90 minutes and hope one of about three players capable of creating something pulls out a worldie.

I have been giving Rowett the benefit of the doubt since our form went off a cliff but I am now at the point where I am not enjoying matches in any way shape or form and if it continues I will simply not bother.

Does that make me a half fan? I don't care. I am not so much of a mug that I will spend a big chunk of my weekend doing something I don't enjoy.

EDIT* 'Mug' might be the wrong word in the last bit of my post, I don't want to say that people who stick with it are all mugs because that is very unfair. I just don't have the desire to do it as things stand.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

What else is there to do on a Saturday? Shopping? Yuck.

;)

I was thinking more along the lines of getting down the pub but perhaps you are right, if I tell the missus I am taking a break from match days for a bit she will no doubt find some 'exciting activities' for us to participate in instead!

16 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Wouldn't the majority of this season watching poor football a knee jerk reaction .Plenty of time to work out it's crap .

Precisely what is crap football?

A - Is it a style set out to attack Gung-Ho with no discipline and no credence given to the opposition?

B - Or is a style centred on a structured pattern, discipline, with team selections based on the ability of your players?

One of these styles will eventually earn you success, the other for all its attractions, will ultimately lead to failure.

16 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Wouldn't the majority of this season watching poor football a knee jerk reaction .Plenty of time to work out it's crap .

Archived