Mel Morris - Please read.

Pearson

Just now, Derby blood said:

Jerome is a make weight pal, we will get a younger forward in the summer...

I didn't realise make weights had to cost so much? That seem a poor waste of transfer budget when Gary is so close to FFP with all his financial restraints? You carry on with your ex-Ram takes us to the Prem dreams...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Jerome is a make weight pal, we will get a younger forward in the summer, it takes time to get a squad together, but you just carry on, you have your views and I have my, not happy with yesterday's performance or sunderlands, but that does not mean I want to sack the manager, let's see where we are this time next year.

In the relegation zone if we carry on like this with gary....we have,after all, been in relegation form since January.

16 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Jerome is a make weight pal, we will get a younger forward in the summer, it takes time to get a squad together, but you just carry on, you have your views and I have my, not happy with yesterday's performance or sunderlands, but that does not mean I want to sack the manager, let's see where we are this time next year.

Be a more useful paper weight :ph34r:

58 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Mel, if you are reading this please sit GR down and reassure him, even if we fail to make the play offs, that his position is secure.

You employed, quiet correctly, a proven, hungry manger that is more than capable of leading us to the Premiership. You will undoubtedly have observed the social media outpourings which, in my opinion, are idiotic and unfounded in calling for the removal of our manager.

This is an all too familiar call when supporters, some with grandiose expectations, and no appreciation of the nuances of the game. From my prospective we are making head way even though it may appear not to be the case after some performances.

Our last period of true stability was under Clough, who, again my opinion, would have led us to the premier had he been allowed to see that season out. Successful sides are developed over a period of time, at least over a three year period. Rowett needs that time to deliver what you have asked him to do, and as the trigger sackings over the past few years have proven, it will ultimately get us nowhere.

The supporters of West Brom, Stoke and Sunderland all made the same call believing falsely that it would be in the best interests of their clubs who were then having a poor run. We need to be very careful in what we wish for.

You are the owner and supporter of a club I care a lot about so I am asking you to be patient, considered and trust the capable manager you have employed.

Very well balanced statement and will be reiterated through many others of us on here (not all) but a good amount all the same. 

I don’t want the managerial merry go round to start warming up round here, it’s not pretty at the moment but we need stability. 

Players that don’t want to put a shift in...

Now that is a different matter!

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Very well balanced statement and will be reiterated through many others of us on here (not all) but a good amount all the same. 

I don’t want the managerial merry go round to start warming up round here, it’s not pretty at the moment but we need stability. 

Players that don’t want to put a shift in...

Now that is a different matter!

Derby v Burton

Carson

Wisdom

Baird

Davies

Pearce

Huddlestone

Ledley

Lawrence

Nugent

Vydra

Weimann

Which players didn't put a shift in? 

55 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Great post, Gary needs the next few transfer windows to get his team in place, there is no magic wand, and it will take time to get us back to the premiership, with a decent team, next window for me, we need a left back, centre mid, wide man and forward with pace and power, then a promotion charge will be on.

Just where is the funding for that coming from? Morris has already pulled up the drawbridge. All that in the next window, fella it ain’t gonna happen.

1 hour ago, Pearson said:

Mel, if you are reading this please sit GR down and reassure him, even if we fail to make the play offs, that his position is secure.

You employed, quiet correctly, a proven, hungry manger that is more than capable of leading us to the Premiership. You will undoubtedly have observed the social media outpourings which, in my opinion, are idiotic and unfounded in calling for the removal of our manager.

This is an all too familiar call when supporters, some with grandiose expectations, and no appreciation of the nuances of the game. From my prospective we are making head way even though it may appear not to be the case after some performances.

Our last period of true stability was under Clough, who, again my opinion, would have led us to the premier had he been allowed to see that season out. Successful sides are developed over a period of time, at least over a three year period. Rowett needs that time to deliver what you have asked him to do, and as the trsackings over the past few years have proven, it will ultimately get us nowhere.

The supporters of West Brom, Stoke and Sunderland all made the same call believing falsely that it would be in the best interests of their clubs who were then having a poor run. We need to be very careful in what we wish for.

You are the owner and supporter of a club I care a lot about so I am asking you to be patient, considered and trust the capable manager you have employed.

Mel if you are reading this please sit GR down and tell him his football is ****.

You employed somebody who got sacked because others thought he was not good enough. You will have undoubtedly observed the social media outpourings which in my opinion can be understood due to the **** they have watched for most of the season. 

From my prospective we have made no head way and performances have proved this.

Our last period of true stability was under clough who in my opinion put the foundations down for Mac 1 to showcase some of the best football seen at this club for years. 

Successful sides are developed over a period of time, at least over a three year period. Can you imagine what the under 15’s will be playing like in that time under Rowett. 

You are the owner and supporter of a club I care about a lot, so I am asking you to splash out on a tried and tested manager and not someone who might be the one. 

38 minutes ago, superfit said:

Derby v Burton

Carson

Wisdom

Baird

Davies

Pearce

Huddlestone

Ledley

Lawrence

Nugent

Vydra

Weimann

Which players didn't put a shift in? 

The manager and players themselves know which ones are and those that aren’t putting a shift in. 

I’m not here to scapegoat any of our players or managers, that’s not my style. 

40 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Davies didn't say who it was in his after match interview, how many Gary signings does it include?

I’m glad that CD didn’t either, remember what happened to Tomas Cyvka after Clough Jr bagged him out on the radio. 

Keep that sort of stuff in the dressing room and sort it out man to man face to face. 

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I’m glad that CD didn’t either, remember what happened to Tomas Cyvka after Clough Jr bagged him out on the radio. 

Keep that sort of stuff in the dressing room and sort it out man to man face to face. 

Except he's putting the dirty washing on the line and saying 'not me'! Not how I'd want a captain to behave.

33 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Out of interest to anyone that wants him to stay...how long would you give him to succeed and what would you judge as successful - playing style or promotion?

Your 2nd question is something I've been pondering this season. Usually an attractive playing style leads to success. The most impressive teams I've seen us play against are Wolves and Fulham when it was obvious they are a class above us. I wouldn't want us playing fancy football up front but leaking goals and losing more games. A compromise and team ethic would be ideal.

Turgid football is no fun to watch for the sake of it, even if results are ground out. It usually catches up with the team whether promoted or not.

I must admit to being less likely to travel half the country to watch an away match when we're playing in our current style. 

2 hours ago, Pearson said:

Our last period of true stability was under Clough, who, again my opinion, would have led us to the premier had he been allowed to see that season out. Successful sides are developed over a period of time, at least over a three year period. Rowett needs that time to deliver what you have asked him to do, and as the trigger sackings over the past few years have proven, it will ultimately get us nowhere.

tenor.gif?itemid=3530769

2 hours ago, Pearson said:

8HdYVcdFEYA6Y.gif

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Except he's putting the dirty washing on the line and saying 'not me'! Not how I'd want a captain to behave.

I have no issue with Davies saying it, might actually have impact coming from him. Plus he isn't a player I believe would ever give anything less than his all. Normally I would agree with you on this matter, but way past the usual post match waffle.

Archived