Mel Morris - Please read.

Pearson

Mel, if you are reading this please sit GR down and reassure him, even if we fail to make the play offs, that his position is secure.

You employed, quiet correctly, a proven, hungry manger that is more than capable of leading us to the Premiership. You will undoubtedly have observed the social media outpourings which, in my opinion, are idiotic and unfounded in calling for the removal of our manager.

This is an all too familiar call when supporters, some with grandiose expectations, and no appreciation of the nuances of the game. From my prospective we are making head way even though it may appear not to be the case after some performances.

Our last period of true stability was under Clough, who, again my opinion, would have led us to the premier had he been allowed to see that season out. Successful sides are developed over a period of time, at least over a three year period. Rowett needs that time to deliver what you have asked him to do, and as the trigger sackings over the past few years have proven, it will ultimately get us nowhere.

The supporters of West Brom, Stoke and Sunderland all made the same call believing falsely that it would be in the best interests of their clubs who were then having a poor run. We need to be very careful in what we wish for.

You are the owner and supporter of a club I care a lot about so I am asking you to be patient, considered and trust the capable manager you have employed.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Pearson said:

Mel, if you are reading this please sit GR down and reassure him, even if we fail to make the play offs, that his position is secure.

You employed, quiet correctly, a proven, hungry manger that is more than capable of leading us to the Premiership. You will undoubtedly have observed the social media outpourings which, in my opinion, are idiotic and unfounded in calling for the removal of our manager.

This is an all too familiar call when supporters, some with grandiose expectations, and no appreciation of the nuances of the game. From my prospective we are making head way even though it may appear not to be the case after some performances.

Our last period of true stability was under Clough, who, again my opinion, would have led us to the premier had he been allowed to see that season out. Successful sides are developed over a period of time, at least over a three year period. Rowett needs that time to deliver what you have asked him to do, and as the trigger sackings over the past few years have proven, it will ultimately get us nowhere.

The supporters of West Brom, Stoke and Sunderland all made the same call believing falsely that it would be in the best interests of their clubs who were then having a poor run. We need to be very careful in what we wish for.

You are the owner and supporter of a club I care a lot about so I am asking you to be patient, considered and trust the capable manager you have employed.

Are you Gary in disguise

5 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Welcome to the forum, Gary.

5 minutes ago, Pearson said:

feared the worst when i read the thread title, as yet another GR wrist slasher... but hey ho.. it was sense.

Nothign to worry about, Mel wont be firing GR any time soon.

As he has stated before, would probably take a relegation to league 1, before MM seriously considered firing GR.

It is nice to know theres at least on other guy not into knee jerk reactions

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

feared the worst when i read the thread title, as yet another GR wrist slasher... but hey ho.. it was sense.

As he has stated before, would probably take a relegation to league 1, before MM seriously considered firing GR.

Wouldn't the majority of this season watching poor football a knee jerk reaction .Plenty of time to work out it's crap .

7 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Is this the same Mel that said PC was here for years no matter what....just checking ?

13 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Amen to that @Pearson

18 minutes ago, Pearson said:

15 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Great post, Gary needs the next few transfer windows to get his team in place, there is no magic wand, and it will take time to get us back to the premiership, with a decent team, next window for me, we need a left back, centre mid, wide man and forward with pace and power, then a promotion charge will be on.

23 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Best post on here for a while! ?

10 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Great post, Gary needs the next few transfer windows to get his team in place, there is no magic wand, and it will take time to get us back to the premiership, with a decent team, next window for me, we need a left back, centre mid, wide man and forward with pace and power, then a promotion charge will be on.

We have our forward with power and pace - Jerome. Gary chased him in the summer and finally got his man in January. So just a left back and wide man and on to the promised land with Gary. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Gary's already signed a forward with power and pace, his name is Cameron Jerome.  

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We have our forward with power and pace - Jerome. Gary chased him in the summer and finally got his man in January. So just a left back and wide man and on to the promised land with Gary. :lol:

Jerome is a make weight pal, we will get a younger forward in the summer, it takes time to get a squad together, but you just carry on, you have your views and I have my, not happy with yesterday's performance or sunderlands, but that does not mean I want to sack the manager, let's see where we are this time next year.

Decent post but a few issues for me;

1. 'Proven' when referring to GR is pretty much fake news. We don't need to make stuff up just to fit an argument.

2. 'Grandiose'. Nah. Just want my team to pass to each other in some collective form of attack, not asking for the world. 

3. Clough literally showed no signs of taking us anywhere other than mid table mediocrity. 

Other than that, yeah, give him some time Mel. 

So another thread... Just whats needed. OP could have added it to any other thread but it is another one of those "Look at me, look at me, what I say is important" posts

Should read-

"Mel, if you are reading this please sit GR down and reassure him, even if we fail to make the play offs or whatever tripe he puts out on the field, that his position is secure."

Archived