Mel Morris - Please read.

Pearson

20 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Just because you post it doesn't make it true .He has no track record other than losing in two play offs .

How is Mac's track record? He's the guy a lot of fans seem to be wanting to replace Gary...  

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Pearson said:

Precisely what is crap football?

A - Is it a style set out to attack Gung-Ho with no discipline and no credence given to the opposition?

B - Or is a style centred on a structured pattern, discipline, with team selections based on the ability of your players?

One of these styles will eventually earn you success, the other for all its attractions, will ultimately lead to failure.

We’re neither, we’re just a bit ****

2 minutes ago, GadFly said:

How is Mac's track record? He's the guy a lot of fans seem to be wanting to replace Gary...  

So he took Derby to the prem as coach ,Man U won every trophy with him as coach [you don't work for Fergie if you're no good] including the treble.He was Boro's most successful manager [League Cup] and he had success abroad .

All in all more than Rowett with no honours and losing  two play off .

Also I do not want SM back personally.

3 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Only manager to win a major trophy with Middlesbrough. Only manager to win the league for Twente, first English manager to win any top flight league since Bobby Robson (Porto 95/96), managed the England national team.

Whilst here he gained the most points in season, team scored the most goals in a season, has longest period without conceding a goal at home setting a club record consecutive home clean sheets, equaling a club record for clean sheets home and away.

Is that enough or would you like some more?

10 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

So he took Derby to the prem as coach ,Man U won every trophy with him as coach [you don't work for Fergie if you're no good] including the treble.He was Boro's most successful manager [League Cup] and he had success abroad .

All in all more than Rowett with no honours and losing  two play off .

Also I do not want SM back personally.

Promoted with Derby literally over 20 years ago, as a coach. Won stuff with United nearly 20 years ago, as a coach. Won a league cup with Boro yes, did well abroad, yes... but you've very nicely skimmed over being probably the worst England manager of all time (failing to qualify for the tournament with England's golden generation, let alone win the thing) and also failing miserably as Forest manager. 

More recently he's failed in a playoff with Debry, and failed to reach one when it looked harder miss out than qualify. Arguably that's worse than Rowett's 2 playoff failures, no? 

Edit: Also fell flat on his arse as Newcastle manager, even Benitez could't salvage that mess. 

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Only manager to win a major trophy with Middlesbrough. Only manager to win the league for Twente, first English manager to win any top flight league since Bobby Robson (Porto 95/96), managed the England national team.

Whilst here he gained the most points in season, team scored the most goals in a season, has longest period without conceding a goal at home setting a club record consecutive home clean sheets, equaling a club record for clean sheets home and away.

Is that enough or would you like some more?

Why did we sack him TWICE then if he's soooooo good?

Tbh I don't like him, but I think it's utterly disrespectful to the guy to think we can just hire and fire and hire and fire and hire and fire him over and over again at the whim of the fickle fans and even fickler chairman. It's borderline abusive! What makes you (or anyone else that wants Mac back) think he'd want to come back here? 

4 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Tbh I don't like him, but I think it's utterly disrespectful to the guy to think we can just hire and fire and hire and fire and hire and fire him over and over again at the whim of the fickle fans and even fickler chairman. It's borderline abusive! What makes you (or anyone else that wants Mac back) think he'd want to come back here? 

Nobody else wants him?

51 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Promoted with Derby literally over 20 years ago, as a coach. Won stuff with United nearly 20 years ago, as a coach. Won a league cup with Boro yes, did well abroad, yes... but you've very nicely skimmed over being probably the worst England manager of all time (failing to qualify for the tournament with England's golden generation, let alone win the thing) and also failing miserably as Forest manager. 

More recently he's failed in a playoff with Debry, and failed to reach one when it looked harder miss out than qualify. Arguably that's worse than Rowett's 2 playoff failures, no? 

Edit: Also fell flat on his arse as Newcastle manager, even Benitez could't salvage that mess. 

Still more than GR ,and I repeat I am not a massive SM fan either but clearly he has achieved more than Rowett. 

59 minutes ago, GadFly said:

He is good,the best manager for years at this club.

But realistically,why would he come back to manage for mel,the bloke who unfairly sacked him twice and treated him so badly?

I can't see it happening whilst Mel is here,as much as I would like it.

1 hour ago, GadFly said:

Name a manager that has been at as 5 or more clubs and never had a bad time.

Honours to honours it's no contest.

You asked for his track record but only wanted the bad bits

3 hours ago, archied said:

Nobody else wants him?

Exactly. So why would we? 

Fans seen adverse to getting players that aren't good enough to get in other teams - I've seen it said about Ledley today, "only came to us because he couldn't get in Palace's side, and that isn't what we want" was the gist of it... So why wouldn't we apply that to managers? 

19 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Birmingham didn’t want Rowett and other clubs weren’t beating a path to his door if I remember, so, yeah, I agree with that.

And Birmingham have done well since he left ?. Oh and didn't premier league Stoke want him ? 

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

And Birmingham have done well since he left ?. Oh and didn't premier league Stoke want him ? 

Norwich wanted him amongst others... the Mac Fanboys still haven't forgiven Mel for pulling the trigger on Mac II, in order to get his man from under their noses.

On 4/15/2018 at 20:36, Derby blood said:

Jerome is a make weight pal, we will get a younger forward in the summer, it takes time to get a squad together, but you just carry on, you have your views and I have my, not happy with yesterday's performance or sunderlands, but that does not mean I want to sack the manager, let's see where we are this time next year.

That’s a expensive make weight on prem wages

Archived