Mel Morris - Please read.

Pearson

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Precisely what is crap football?

A - Is it a style set out to attack Gung-Ho with no discipline and no credence given to the opposition?

B - Or is a style centred on a structured pattern, discipline, with team selections based on the ability of your players?

One of these styles will eventually earn you success, the other for all its attractions, will ultimately lead to failure.

At the moment we don't seem to playing either of these styles. 

12 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I'm sure you've made some coherent points but the fact you've said this:

means I have reason to doubt you what you say is true.

Wow. He's made two appearances since I penned that. Some player.

17 hours ago, Pearson said:

Mel, if you are reading this please sit GR down and reassure him, even if we fail to make the play offs, that his position is secure.

You employed, quiet correctly, a proven, hungry manger that is more than capable of leading us to the Premiership. You will undoubtedly have observed the social media outpourings which, in my opinion, are idiotic and unfounded in calling for the removal of our manager.

This is an all too familiar call when supporters, some with grandiose expectations, and no appreciation of the nuances of the game. From my prospective we are making head way even though it may appear not to be the case after some performances.

Our last period of true stability was under Clough, who, again my opinion, would have led us to the premier had he been allowed to see that season out. Successful sides are developed over a period of time, at least over a three year period. Rowett needs that time to deliver what you have asked him to do, and as the trigger sackings over the past few years have proven, it will ultimately get us nowhere.

The supporters of West Brom, Stoke and Sunderland all made the same call believing falsely that it would be in the best interests of their clubs who were then having a poor run. We need to be very careful in what we wish for.

You are the owner and supporter of a club I care a lot about so I am asking you to be patient, considered and trust the capable manager you have employed.

Not a chance that the highlighted would've happened...

As for GR, I'd give him til Xmas.  By then any new signings and reshaping of the squad should give us a clear indication of whether it's truly going to work or not.  He's been royally shafted by his boss' Birty Big ******** spending spree of 2015, and until those expensive mistakes are taken away for scrap, he's going to have to source some cheap hidden gems from somewhere, to shape the squad to how he really wants it...

5 minutes ago, Pearson said:

He's actually made six since you wrote it but who's counting. Besides, he's struggled with injuries this season, but he's won man of the match three times since he came back in March. The Watford fans all love him too and want to built their midfield around him next season. Some player.

6 minutes ago, Pearson said:

I guess you missed the fact he has started the last 3 matches, and played in the 3 before that after returning from injury?

Mel

If you are reading the comments the only avenue I can see from your prospective is to sit with a certain Mr Rowett and explain that Derby County FC is a part of an entertainment business and that he has the next four games to prove that he understands that concept.

That does not mean we have to win, but to at least prove that he has the manager has the basics to be able to:-

Set a side up tactictally against the opposition.

To have a plan b if plan a isn’t working.

To allow the players to show that the are actually enjoying the game of football and want to be apart of DCFC.

If he can do the above advise him of his budget and expectations for next year.

If he fulfills none of the above tell him he would be better of departing to a lower standard of football which is better suited to his notion of how football should be played.

8 hours ago, Pearson said:

A - Is it a style set out to attack Gung-Ho with no discipline and no credence given to the opposition?

B - Or is a style centred on a structured pattern, discipline, with team selections based on the ability of your players?

One of these styles will eventually earn you success, the other for all its attractions, will ultimately lead to failure.

Crap football is having less shots than the teams at the bottom of the table, against Sunderland and Burton we have had 3 shots on target (2 goals and the penalty miss). Crap football is where the ball is passed a few times between the CBs, FBs and DMs then launched towards a corner flag or a defenders head. Crap football is when you have 6 outfield players in no further up than the centre circle. Crap football is when you don't win the second balls, pull out of tackles, don't have a functioning defensive line, where players do not know whether they should be stepping out to catch the player offside or dropping in and covering the runs. Crap football is having 35% possession and pass completion rate of 54%. Crap football is going into each game thinking we must sit in and keep tight no matter what, doesn't matter if we are losing.

So which one does that fall into A or B? Maybe there is more than just 2 ways of playing football? Maybe there could be a balance between all out attack and all out defending?

Mel, if you are reading.

• Get in a manager with a exciting style of attacking football, or the very least alternative ways to beat opposition
  • Stop harping on about FFP - then giving bog standard players like Forsyth, Hanson, Thorne & Pearce new deals
  • Look at the lower leagues for talent ie Maddison, Marriott
  • Realise we are going nowhere with an aging squad
  • Look at the recruitment from top to bottom
  • Understand crowds will only fall under Rowett and his dire football
  • Watford had several managers in a season and still got promotion, "stability" is overrated.
  • Cameron Jerome is a donkey and proof Gary struggles to spot a youngster. No better than Chris Martin, older too.
  • Kasey Palmer is a top talent being wasted
  • Gary can't think of a way to get the two most creative players in Vydra and Palmer in the side
  • Gary has already had two windows and how many players brought in would we be able to be sold at a profit? Lawrence looked better under Mick Mcarthy

11 minutes ago, rynny said:

Crap football is having less shots than the teams at the bottom of the table, against Sunderland we have had 3 shots on target (2 goals and the penalty miss). Crap football is where the ball is passed a few times between the CBs, FBs and DMs then launched towards a corner flag or a defenders head. Crap football is when you have 6 outfield players in no further up than the centre circle. Crap football is when you don't win the second balls, pull out of tackles, don't have a functioning defensive line, where players do not know whether they should be stepping out to catch the player offside or dropping in and covering the runs. Crap football is having 35% possession and pass completion rate of 54%. Crap football is going into each game thinking we must sit in and keep tight no matter what, doesn't matter if we are losing.

So which one does that fall into A or B? Maybe there is more than just 2 ways of playing football? Maybe there could be a balance between all out attack and all out defending?

Bravo! 

1 hour ago, Pearson said:

I just loved how structured and disciplined we were to let bottom sides Sunderland and Burton only score 7 goals past us.

5 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

I just loved how structured and disciplined we were to let bottom sides Sunderland and Burton only score 7 goals past us.

To fit in with his argument here's a thought... That was "option A:Gung-ho attack"

Yeah

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's a sad reflection on the ability of the division that we are even in with a chance of the playoffs.

I wouldn't have said so around Xmas. Not sure what's gone down since then but seems old Gary has lost the dressing room (or the plot)

2 hours ago, Pearson said:

I suppose there are numerous definitions of crap football ,the one that GR /Derby is serving up at the moment qualifies in my book which is slow ,poor passing ,chasing aimless ball etc no energy ,no drive not many shots on goal etc.

57 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I wouldn't have said so around Xmas. Not sure what's gone down since then but seems old Gary has lost the dressing room (or the plot)

I wouldn't have said so either at the time, but based on what we have seen since I think the reality of the situation is closer to what we are seeing now than what we saw then.

Archived