A poll:- Mel Morris

Mafiabob

Mel Morris, How do you rate his time here (out of 10)  

277 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

What do you think 

Split decision here for me.

I love that he's invested in the club's infrastructure,moor farm,the ground and facilities...I'm also aware that he clearly loves the club.

So am eight out of ten for that.

The downside is the managerial flip flops and weird decisions therein...

He appears to want a derby style that's more like mac1,then diluted it with Clement before taking in that fruitloop pearson before swapping back to Mac then going back to Pearsons completely different style with rowett again....crazy.

So a three out of ten for that side of him.

Heavy investment in the backstage infrastructure and Moor Farm means nowt. Sure, we have some of the best facilities in the country, but crap facilities didn’t stop the likes of Burnley, Swansea and Huddersfield to succeed.

He gets a 4 from me. All four points for investing in the back-end. He gets zero points for his hand in turning the first team into something that comes out a back-end. 

Has chairman who has literally pumped millions into the club we should all be giving him a 10 What he needs is a trustworthy an experienced Director of Football to give guidance and advice and a coach who can produce a team which can play attractive football I personally would go for Mick McCarthy as DF along side a good young coach

If there was a minus option id give him that. Weve been a total disaster since the day he arrived, no coincidence. Always bad press.

FFP by a thread, hiring and firing of managers, sky high wage bill, No actual vision going forward.

Weve gone backwards since GSE departed. Moneybags Mel hasnt got a clue.

• High profile court case
  • A new manager on average every six months
  • Higher wage bill 
  • Drop in our league position to when he took over
  • Even less of an identity and a general apathy from supporters towards the club.
  • Increase in the age of our squad

I really admire him for throwing money at the club he loves but things have been so disappointing. As fans, we're all furious at results like today but for Morris, to see the money you've thrown away and to have only deteriorated, he must be beside himself. Rowett looked like the perfect pick, Clement looked like the perfect pick. Even Pearson looked like a good choice to overhaul the squad but none of the choices have worked out for him at all. 

Whatever he has done he's generally had the right intentions, backed his men until he can't anymore, and you can't fault the investment. 

Even if we are decidedly poor at the moment we do have a good infrastructure and let's be honest a comfortably mid-table squad/some salable assets.  Before him I could see a relegation battle looming eventually as we turned over a dodgy squad each season and would inevitably have  had a year where a couple of signings didn't work out and faced a real scrap.

He, just like the team, is lacking experienced guidance.

Be careful what you wish for.

Mel goes and takes his money with him what then ?

Where's the next sugar daddy coming from.

We have been down this road before after Mr Pickering. Remember the 3 amigos'

Do we really want that?

Mel's hearts in the right it just his decision making people are puzzled by sometime.

Throwing both the baby and bath water.comes mind.

Let's wait until the end of the season and reflect and stock then.

Act in haste repent at leisure.

6 minutes ago, Rample said:

Whatever he has done he's generally had the right intentions, backed his men until he can't anymore, and you can't fault the investment. 

Even if we are decidedly poor at the moment we do have a good infrastructure and let's be honest a comfortably mid-table squad/some salable assets.  Before him I could see a relegation battle looming eventually as we turned over a dodgy squad each season and would inevitably have  had a year where a couple of signings didn't work out and faced a real scrap.

He, just like the team, is lacking experienced guidance.

Good post, pretty much on the money.:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Be careful what you wish for.

Mel goes and takes his money with him what then ?

Where's the next sugar daddy coming from.

We have been down this road before after Mr Pickering. Remember the 3 amigos'

Do we really want that?

Mel's hearts in the right it just his decision making people are puzzled by sometime.

Throwing both the baby and bath water.comes mind.

Let's wait until the end of the season and reflect and stock then.

Act in haste repent at leisure.

Funny that, I said the exact same thing when he took full control back in 2015...... people dazzled by his money, if he weren’t from Derby I firmly believe they’ll be a lot more fans more vocal about his running of the club.

Mel can't decide what he wants.

Talks about the Derby way and then gets rid of SM. Brings in Clement and calls him the next Fergie and then sacks him for not playing the Derby way.

Brings in Pearson (awful manager).. The exact opposite of the "derby way" and then gets rid.. Brings in SM.. Goes on about the "derby way" again and then gets rid.. Brings in Rowett to play in a similar way to Pearson..

He has brought massive amount of good to the club and improvements though

I’d be pretty surprised if he was asked to mark himself that he’d give himself anything over a 5, he has made so many mistakes during a short period that I’m sure he would recognise that himself. 

His biggest for me was hiring GR, the second not driving him to Stoke, we now have no money to spend, we have sold our best player to come out the academy for peanuts, and the squad looks more like the QPR one that the derby one that finished that play off final.  

our scores for Mel include hindsight which isn’t useful. 

Bar sacking Mac2 I’ve agreed with every decision he’d made at the time he made it. 

We can all say things were right but if I remember rightly the general consensus (obviously some disagreed) was that each appointment was good at the time. 

Good with fans

Right intentions.

Terrible managerial decisions.

Club feels secure.

6/10. Huge 4 marks off for his managerial decisions. I actually don't agree with any hiring or firing except Pearson. 

Bizarre tenure so far.

Heavy investment in the youth set-up and so much emphasis on getting category 1, yet we constantly have managers who daren't pick youngsters due to the pressure of promotion.

His judgement is clearly in question, he trusted Sam Rush, he appointed Harry Redknapp, he sacked Steve, he hired Steve, he sacked Steve, he hired Clement (derbys ferguson), he sacked Clement, he hired Pearson, he sacked Pearson. 

I think we have spent something like 60 million on transfer fees since his arrival and I would say apart from Vydra and Lawrence we would struggle to get more than 2 million for any of those players.

1 thing though, we aren't in any danger of going bust...and that really is something to be grateful for.

Archived