A poll:- Mel Morris

Mafiabob

Mel Morris, How do you rate his time here (out of 10)  

277 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got no problem with Mel, he has spent so much trying to get the club to the promised land. He’s made our clubs training facilities as good as any in the country. If I had a criticism it would be stop spending money on players and actually splash out on a tried and tested manager. Get someone who has managed at the highest level. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mel gets a 10 from me because he obviously loves the club and wants the best for us, the only thing that could be railed against him is that he got a bit over excited and carried with it all and should have got an experienced back room staff together before splashing the cash, anyone wanting Mel gone is be very careful what you wish for we might end up with a 3 Amigo's type of scenario or some bunch of money grubbing investors who don't give a **** about DCFC and just want to turn a quick buck...Mel will get it right eventually. :wub: 

Madness

this is madness

lets blame the chairman cos we've lost to little old burton and it's all gone wrong 

Us derby fans love a good scapegoat don't we ffs get a grip it's football 

lets bring back maxwell, the 3 amigos, the "Restructuring Americans" or a falwaz shall we 

short ******* memories the lot of u

stop moaning like a bunch of spoilt brats cos were derby county we have a divine right to be top 3-4 or whatever 

pathetic 

If u want gurenteed success go watch city or whoever and take ur drivel away from my club 

Local ownership, invested heavily, wants to do well, 

option - overseas owners - no real investment - looking to asset strip

he has supported his managers financially but only under Mac 1 then a bit of Mac 2 have I enjoyed the football rather than a team getting results

i am happy to have him as our owner - but I want to watch good football 

52 minutes ago, needles said:

He's made mistakes, but he'll learn from them.

He's invested hugely, and deserves massive thanks and a lot of leeway.

8/10. Trust him, he'll get it right.

Agree, I also gave 8/10 it’s the management systems and players I have concerns with 

3 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

Has chairman who has literally pumped millions into the club we should all be giving him a 10 What he needs is a trustworthy an experienced Director of Football to give guidance and advice and a coach who can produce a team which can play attractive football I personally would go for Mick McCarthy as DF along side a good young coach

Did-I-Just-Read-Funny-Wtf-Meme-Image.jpg

He put his money into the club and lots of it. For that he will always get a 10 from me.

if I asked you lot to put a 3rd of your salery in to the club I doubt if I would get many takers.

i remember when Lionel Pickering was getting hammered by the supporters even though he had spent his whole fortune on the ?.

i think Mel has made mistakes but he has earned the right to make those mistakes. 

What would you like the 3 amegos to buy the club back 

I know the owner like the manager has the ability to split the fan base and afain here, there are posters I respect hugely who are edging towards the criticising Mel camp.

I have no idea what he is like as a boss or as a businessman, no idea what he's like to work for and no idea if he's brilliant or of hf just got lucky and landed on his feet investing in candy crush or whatever.

So I'm only going on a hunch.

There is no other business like football, it's a team sport but the truth is it's full of individuals who are in it to get as much out of it as they can for themselves.

It seems these days that at the top level of football everything is about what's in it for me.

I don't see a lot of ethics, I don't see too many in it for the greater good of the club. I don't see too many deeply caring about Derby county, I see a lot of people looking to get what they can out of Derby whether theyre hanging around or not.

That's got to hurt Mel and he's got to have been surprised by the lack of integrity or scruples.

The corporate world is cut throat but it's nothing like football. Where even the players are all about the money.

I think he's been unlucky but I give him a huge amount of respect for putting his money where his mouth is. 

Sometimes in football on the pitch you can be on a horrible run and you desperately need something to break for you.

Mel needs a bit of luck, he needs one of the people hacks with hard cash either to stand up and be counted or to get lucky and it doesn't matter which one.

That's a long way of saying id give him a seven for effort alone.

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

10 ! What has he done wrong ? Apart from being slightly naieve at times but who wasn't whilst learning there trade ? He's a fan just like me u and the rest of us ! We all have an opinion . So does Mel ! 

So it’s a perfect scorebut you admit he has done things wrong ?

I feel pretty bloody disloyal here as I've rated Mel a 5. I think the positives are the finance he's brought, the debts paid off and the investment in the club's infrastructure.

The negative's are the lack of progress, the revolving managerial door and seeing Mac sacked twice in favour of lesser coaches whose styles seem counterintuitive given the commitment to the Derby Way, or my interpretation thereof. 

Tomorrow I'll probably regret everything I've posted today but there you are!

4 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Herein lies the problem..... people see his cash and he’s from Derby.....

Took that slightly out of context , did you not read my previous post ? Its not all about his cash , I was simply stating he's a fan with cash , would you not do the same if you were in Mel's position ?

Archived