Burton Albion v Derby County

Day

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wixman1884 said:

Can't attack them in a conventional sense though- that's a failed strategy that was proven ineffective in the 13-15 seasons.

There really is no point in midfield or possession football...it's so old fashioned..

1 minute ago, GeneralRam said:

Just remember it's Clough. It's these sorts of games where he shines.

It was almost a guaranteed win against Forest when he was here.

There will always be an excuse against every team. I agree on Cloughie. Chris Colemans got better hair, Nono Espírito Santo a fancier name, the reality is we are ****. Will still win 4-2 though :ph34r:

1 minute ago, GeneralRam said:

Just remember it's Clough. It's these sorts of games where he shines.

It was almost a guaranteed win against Forest when he was here.

Well when you look at it that way, we’re doing well to still be in it. 

Fine achievement from Rowett and the boys.

1 minute ago, YorkshireRam said:

Wow, top class support that; wishing for both a defeat and the manager to be sacked...

Yup. Bored rotten of this crock of ***** from management, ownership to players.

Gone back 5 years since moneybags Mel arrived

It's actually a horrible game to play. Clough loves to get his team motivated in certain games. He'd love to get some payback against the Derby ownership for undeservedly dumping him a few years back. It would reconfirm that all this time has been a huge waste of time and money and our team is no better than when he was boss. All the Burton lads will be fighting for their lives in this one. They've got nothing to lose. It's a perfect game for Clough. Since he was removed the squad developed its spineless characterless core which has made us fall flat every single play off attempt since.

Rowett is expected to relegate his old team. The Derby team might have thought this was a weak team they were playing and could just turn up and pick up the points. Mentally they don't look up for the fight. Rowett has a big half time to turn this around. Not sure it's gonna happen. 

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

In fact, I'm saying it now (might be the five pints of San Miguel talking) if we dont win this then Rowett has lost me.

I'll join you mate. We'll band together in this potentially short-sighted decision, and support each other through any potential negative outcome :D 

Easy to say in hindsight but I wonder if it may have been better to let him go to Stoke when they wanted him and go for an attack minded manager to give us the final push for the rest of the season as we were second at the time.

If we wanted Jokanovic then, we would have got him because he was at conflict with the Fulham owners before they went on the amazing run they are on now. If I had a time machine, that would be what I would do!

Archived