Rage Quitting the match.

Boycie

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
Just now, Jayram said:

I can’t understand leaving after 20 mins - that smacks of childish petulance to me, but I’d have been gone by 70 mins last night because by then we looked like we could play till midnight and not score. 

Midnight when? :lol:

15 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I don't, if I had gone I would have stayed to the end.

I understand some people leave a few minutes early for health reasons but leaving on 20 minutes is ridiculous.  No game is ever decided that early.

I chose not to go last night, the second time this season I have chosen not to when it's been on sky.

I didn’t go due to working away, I could have changed my plans and attended if I tried.  It could be argued that even going for 20 minutes is giving them more support than I choose to when making that decision.

36 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Sorry for the youngsters terminology in the title.

But, on Radio Derbys post match phone in a caller claimed he left on 20 mins.

Now, he's entitled to, but what if he's with someone else, a kid maybe, does it breed this type of reaction into future supporters or even put them off completely?

I was posting on another thread and said if you were to leave on 0-2 down on 20 mins wouldn't you at least give it until 10 mins of the second half?

Whats the earliest you have left?

Mine is about 70 mins against Reading this season, the first time ever.

Never left early.

i just assumed the RD caller was full of ****.  Sorry. Employing hyperbole. 

29 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Didn't hear the interview but could he have meant to say he left with 20 mins to go?

No, the guy on the radio asked him again, he even said it must be a record for leaving early.

I came back from Holiday earlier to get to the game, I wished I’d stayed now.

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

No, the guy on the radio asked him again, he even said it must be a record for leaving early.

I came back from Holiday earlier to get to the game, I wished I’d stayed now.

I heard him and he sounded quite proud of it. I don't think after 20 mins you could predict was was going to happen. I think he took a gamble and it paid off so he rang radio Derby to tell everyone. 

After the initial 'left after 20 mins' he sounded quite reasonable where as I thought he was going to be a right knob.

Whatever time a supporter decides to leave should have no bearing on a game . I was leaving just as Keogh decided he’s suddenly turned into a rabbit in headlights again, and passed possibly the worse pass I have ever seen . And believe me I’ve seen some sh*#e.

I wonder if he saw me leaving and this was his payback.:ph34r:

58 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Did once way back when we were 0-2 down to Cov. About 85 mins if I remember rightly and we drew 2-2. Never done it since.

Me and my son left early for this one too...

i have left early loads of times and can’t think of one time I regretted it. 

Also spent many a second half in the concourse talking about work, life, kids etc with my mates who i didn’t see from one game to the next rather than watching the drivel being served up on the pitch. 

47 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I never leave early whatever the result....my view is that the result is rarely the players fault but they deserve our support even if they do **** up or are badly coached.

The manager deserves to hear our displeasure at full time though and I can't pass that on if I'm not there.

It’s rarely the players fault.....!???? It is almost ALWAYS the players fault. 

We could have Pep, Ghandi, Mother Theresa, Steven Hawkins, Jesus, Brian Clough, Bob Paisley and Alex Ferguson all coaching that lot and they would still find new and interesting ways to totally f it up...!

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

I left early last night for the first time ever purely down the rain coming in to the west stand. If we’d still be 1-4 down and it’d have been dry I’d have stuck it out. 

Me too - first time I've left a game early in 47 years. Just got fed up with watching that and getting rained on. Didn't help that I'm just getting over the flu and I was the only one left in three rows - totally Billy-no-mates. I finally departed on 84 minutes. 

Left after Vydra skied our best chance of the second half, even if we’d got it back to 3-3 I’d have been unhappy with a point.

I’m still in Birmingham at the moment, so the chance of avoiding a busy night of travelling where I wouldn’t get back home until 11:30 was worth it. Got home by 10:30 instead, caught up with my mate who’d been away on tour and as soon I sat down on the train I saw it was 4-1 anyway.

No shame in it, I dedicate a lot of time to Derby but last night really was a ******* waste of my time.

Archived