How Are You Today ?

Pearl Ram

My overwhelming feeling is this team has gone as far as its capable of - not really sad, just disappointed that I let myself believe again.  I'm looking forwards to a couple of seasons out of the limelight, selling off the overpaid aging players and starting afresh with some young, hungry talent - players to get excited about again. 

Well thats my wish anyway.

In the meantime... its Easter tomorrow!  Mmmm chocolate...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question Pearl, and quite therapeutic in a , ‘I’m not the only one suffering’ sort of way.  

Finally got a puncture that no one could find sorted so the day was great. Some trepidation build up to game but thought no not Sunderland they are too poor to upset even a very low on confidence Rams side. Then that. Wow just wow I was genuinely in shock and my Rochdale supporting manager sent a message taking the proverbial.  A Roch bloody Dale fan. Alarm clock at 0440 for work, and yep the first thing I thought of was that pitiful effort.  But hey dust ourselves down and prepare  to go again. Brace yourselves Rams this could get messy, just not Lionel, unfortunately. 

My prediction for two teams who have just been tonked 1-4 playing each other will be PNE 4-1 Rams. I’ve never predicted such a negative score. And yes I’m aware we have overachieved considering our original expectations but THAT was beyond anything I could have envisaged. SSA

All good in North Sweden Ta.... Making scrambled eggs..off to town to see some mates in a bit ( One supports Hull City) and then watching the AJ fight...in peace. Missus going out so its me and the lad. 

As for football. I'm just " meh"... I believe in that gypsy curse for sure. 

8 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I'm fine, thanks. And you?

Well I’m a little down in the dumps, I can’t help feeling Pulis Warnock and a couple of other managers would have been laughing at us last night, then I think about the Cone family and their predicament but that makes me sad too even though it does bring perspective. :(

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’m just interested in how members are feeling this morning/today after last night’s result.

This is not a thread for slating the owner, manager or players, there are plenty of those already, just how you felt when you got up this morning.

My anger has subsided and has been replaced by embarrassment. I think that was a shameful performance last night.

So, how are you today ?

Put it to the back of my mind and thinking positive thoughts for the rest of the Easter weekend 

22 minutes ago, eddie said:

Bacon in croissants in a few minutes time. Life is good. Why do you ask?

Just trying to gauge the mood dear boy as the game was the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning. Just wondered if there was anyone else did the same. 

I have actually watched it on telly this morning, in the cold, Sober light of day. I wanted to see if we were as bad as it looked last night. Truth is, I think 4-1 flattered us somewhat. Big decisions need to be made today. We simply cannot carry on with the same personnel in the same system. Gary has 2 days to come up with plan to stop this landslide. How do I feel this morning? Not confident he is capable of doing so 

I didn’t go to the game. I was out in London all day with a friend I’ve not seen for ages, and I actually forgot we were playing.

So, this morning, reading about it with a hangover, feels slightly surreal. I’m not even surprised or disappointed, I just hope it finally kills off any belief that this ‘style’ is unattractive, but effective. It is patently neither. 

Got to have poached eggs and black pudding too now, my favourite breakfast, then back on the beer.

Happy Easter, everyone!

Agree with Ella’s observations.

I travel a 200 mile round trip each home game. I am going to renew but very close to thinking what’s the point. The football is woeful. Wassall was poor but at least it was quasi exciting.

The club from top to bottom is rotten. 

If I understand we are now talking about reducing a wage bill. Well that was under control at the time of Clough leaving right?

There have been some very strange contract decisions the last 18 months. Pearce, Martin, Forsyth and Thorne. None of these are the future of the club. 

We sign players with no re-sale value. Huddlestone, Davies, Ledley, Jerome (who stats for derby read 1 goal, 1 win, 1 penalty conceded in 11 games he has featured) etc 

The most exciting times we have had is with good championship players (Bryson, Russell, Martin, Keogh, etc) supplemented by loan players, Wisdom, Bamford, Thorne (pre injury), Ibe etc. Our most exciting player is Palmer and our ‘gaffer’ is slowly knocking the confidence out of him. 

One question, how many of the Derby players would get in the other top 6 teams? Honestly think you could possibly say Carson and Vydra only. That tells you something!

6 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I didn’t go to the game. I was out in London all day with a friend I’ve not seen for ages, and I actually forgot we were playing.

So, this morning, reading about it with a hangover, feels slightly surreal. I’m not even surprised or disappointed, I just hope it finally kills off any belief that this ‘style’ is unattractive, but effective. It is patently neither. 

Got to have poached eggs and black pudding too now, my favourite breakfast, then back on the beer.

Happy Easter, everyone!

If it’s any consolation, 11 others forgot they were playing too 

7 minutes ago, Squid said:

Today I've achieved absolutely nought
In just being out of the house, I've lost out
If I wanted to end up with more now
I should've just stayed in bed, like I know how!

A grand don't come for free.

Unless Sam Rush negotiated your contract.

Archived