A bit of mild weather on the way...

Parsnip

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Us in the south just get on with it... Just sayin :ph34r:

Where have you been for the last few months?...........preparing yourself for another wicked winter in lundon town where about all the snow that lands, if put together, makes about one snowball, but it still manages to bring total chaos to lundon and the whole of engerlund!

You'd think you'd never seen snow before, once again, every poxy year, more predictable than Santa and the moronic media coverage that keeps on repeating itself but get's worse and worse, year by year.

Thank the lord for Sara Blizzard......you just couldn't make it up, if you tried!

8 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Where have you been for the last few months?...........preparing yourself for another wicked winter in lundon town where about all the snow that lands, if put together, makes about one snowball, but it still manages to bring total chaos to lundon and the whole of engerlund!

You'd think you'd never seen snow before, once again, every poxy year, more predictable than Santa and the moronic media coverage that keeps on repeating itself but get's worse and worse, year by year.

Thank the lord for Sara Blizzard......you just couldn't make it up, if you tried!

Been calming down mate...  Rapidly falling out of love with professional football and the people who watch it.

That and hoarding supplies just in case 3 snowflakes land and settle.

13 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

The top end of Blackburn, Lancs. A work mate sent me the picture. Must be mad even attempting to venture up there.IMG-20180301-WA0002.thumb.jpg.99b7fa0fa1f427c5075ba46d1df2f495.jpg

I thought that after I last went to Blackburn - mad to venture up there again - the phrase "it's grim up North" just doesn't do it justice....

Tearing what's left of my hair out at the stupidity of some people:

1. Mrs Wolfie had an appointment yesterday afternoon in a village off the A46 dual carriageway south of Newark. We'd just had the conversation about her needing to go via Newark town centre because the roads were ok, then picking up the A46. She then got in the car and then went via the country lanes. Got stuck twice. Dug herself out once and had to get a passing 4x4 to pull her out the second time. Turned round and came home. I laid into her when she got back & she burst into tears. Apparently I was being harsh.

2. My best mate and a mate of his went "wild camping" in a wood in the Brecon Beacons last night. It's been planned for ages but I've been telling him not to go ahead with it for days but he just sees it as big adventure and even when I texted him yesterday while they were driving down about the red warning being issued for Wales - he just laughed it off & said I worry too much.

Just so stupid, considering he's got a wife & little girl at home. Not to mention the people who'd have to come out & try to help them if they got into trouble.

I haven't heard anything since.......

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Tearing what's left of my hair out at the stupidity of some people:

1. Mrs Wolfie had an appointment yesterday afternoon in a village off the A46 dual carriageway south of Newark. We'd just had the conversation about her needing to go via Newark town centre because the roads were ok, then picking up the A46. She then got in the car and then went via the country lanes. Got stuck twice. Dug herself out once and had to get a passing 4x4 to pull her out the second time. Turned round and came home. I laid into her when she got back & she burst into tears. Apparently I was being harsh.

2. My best mate and a mate of his went "wild camping" in a wood in the Brecon Beacons last night. It's been planned for ages but I've been telling him not to go ahead with it for days but he just sees it as big adventure and even when I texted him yesterday while they were driving down about the red warning being issued for Wales - he just laughed it off & said I worry too much.

Just so stupid, considering he's got a wife & little girl at home. Not to mention the people who'd have to come out & try to help them if they got into trouble.

I haven't heard anything since.......

Irresponsible init.

i saw two men jogging down alfreton road with no tea shirts on in the snow on Tuesday afternoon.  Why? I just shook my head as I drove past. 

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

After watching the news reports from around the country over the last few days, I think Derby as been lucky in missing the worst of the bad weather

Hampshire has been shocking - and random.

The mainline trains mainly ran - despite dire warnings that the snow and ice would mess up the 3rd rail electric so they'd all break down.

My local - diesel - branch line.  Cancelled from 5.30 last night. 

Wow. What a change. From deep snow to no snow in 24 hours here in east London now the temperature has hit tropical heights of 3C

Archived