A bit of mild weather on the way...

Parsnip

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday I got the school closing text at 12 so took the dog and the sledges to fetch the kids - spent a couple of hours in the snow then we all went to dry off in the pub for tea. Im struggling to think of a reason not to do exactly the same again today.

Lunchtime news on BBC. A reporter is travelling with a bloke working for a charity delivering meals to vulnerable people in their homes. So, reporter says, I am here with x outside y's house and he's just about to go in with y's lunch. Cue x holding a silver tray with dome atop. Knock on door, x enters carrying said silver adornments, following by BBC reporter, camera team etc, clearly leaving y's front door open. Camera goes to y, who has clearly been watching this daft **** talking bol****s outside while his dinner freezes to the silver tray. He is ready with his knife and fork. Dome comes off and BBC bloke starts asking him questions, starting with 'so (y), why do you think it's important to have a hot meal in sub-zero temperatures'. Y, incredulous at the stupidity of the question gives a grunted short response only to be followed up on by more inance questions from BBC bloke. After what seems like an hour, BBC bloke says they'll leave y alone to have his warm (yes warm - it was hot once. Probably when it went in the van but started to cool rapidly as x proudly showed the silver objects to the chatty BBC reporter). 

We pay our licence fee to this organisation. Have I just witnessed abuse? Should y have told him to **** off and stop asking stupid questions or should he have said, when asked why he needed a hot meal, that it may prevent him from being found as a stinking mass of putrid flesh when he next gets a concerned visitor in June!!?

Some of the coverage of this weather in the media is causing me to have a sense of humour failure!

4 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Well I work from home everyday so dunno what all the fuss is about :p

Same but I’m not going to miss out on a day off, I text myself this morning saying I was snowed in.

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Currently paying a solicitor a fair whack as I am buying a house. Had an appointment today and the office is shut and nobody so much as sent me an email letting me know.

Be thankful.  

They'd probably have billed you for an email. 

4 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I went out to do a few errands today, but found that no one I had to do errands with was at work. I only got 1 out of 4 jobs done. Bunch of skiving pussies, get you arses into work. 

thats the problem with modern day footy supporters 

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

Bit pissed last night, sorry. Got all excited by the snow and went straight to the pub without eating. 

Same again today, probably. 

Boat? Bet it's nice and cosy in there in all this winter.

Archived