Pick a Ram, any Ram

R@M

38 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Thought “King” Kevin Hector straight away as he’d score goals in any era, particularly in today’s game with no hatchet men trying kick lumps out of him but on reflection I’d go for Alan Hinton’s pinpoint accuracy from the flanks with crosses and a shot like a cannonball. 

Good call. Let's be honest anyone from the two Championship winning sides of the 70"s would walk into today's team - McFarland,Todd,Durban,Hector,Rioch - jesus just the thought of seeing the likes of them again !!

But for pure creativity and pin point crossing I agree Hinton would be the most beneficial and productive to todays team.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

At this time for the benefit of our current team, Ted McMinn, someone to get down the line and deliver quality crosses.  Bums off seats type of player..... 

17 minutes ago, needles said:

Good question! Some obvious ones, like Eranio to play RB (or anywhere, frankly), Mark Wright or Igor Stimac jut because they'd improve even this defence, Dean Saunders as the striker.

I'm going to chuck in an unpopular one, probably...Gary Micklewhite to get up and down that right flank. All the running GR needs, plus quality. Very under-rated part of Arthur Cox's teams.

Theses are the sort of answers I thought of....I avoided the obvs as the team is strong enough and I wouldn’t want waste my pick!....surprised no one has mentioned Simmo. Was better than both the tin man and micklewhite.....possibly our best winger in 30 years.

27 minutes ago, R@M said:

Theses are the sort of answers I thought of....I avoided the obvs as the team is strong enough and I wouldn’t want waste my pick!....surprised no one has mentioned Simmo. Was better than both the tin man and micklewhite.....possibly our best winger in 30 years.

Good call with Simmo, I'd possibly still go for Ted as he was a bit more direct and the sort to run at defenders - I think this would suit the way Rowett gets his team to play.  Simmo a class act though and a wand of a left foot

Given people think our greatest need is for a quality winger I agree with @Pearl Ram and would go for Gladys.

Would love for it be George or Rioch as two of my favourites but we are well-blessed with strikers and unless they change the modern laws of the game Bruce would be suspended most of the time! 

We are going up because Ince and Bent are currently not playing for Derby. And I typed it on here that we wouldn't get promoted until both were not in the squad a few seasons ago, away at Fulham, and I have typed it a few times since on here, and therefore there is only one choice, and that's the man that knows how to put a good shift in as a footballer and understands as a Manager, the importance of unity, team spirit and all working for one another on and off the pitch.

Gary Rowett.

Archived