Pick a Ram, any Ram

R@M

So the recent Vyds vs Baiano post got me thinking, if you could resurrect only one Derby player (that you have seen) to put in the current side, who would it be?

i think it would have to be Eranio for me. Could play centrally, right back or possibly wing. 

I think some of the other possibilities would be quite obscure, as most of the obvious ones wouldn’t fit Rowett’s play and to be fair, the goalkeeper and defence don’t really need a hand at the moment.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought “King” Kevin Hector straight away as he’d score goals in any era, particularly in today’s game with no hatchet men trying kick lumps out of him but on reflection I’d go for Alan Hinton’s pinpoint accuracy from the flanks with crosses and a shot like a cannonball. 

16 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Thought “King” Kevin Hector straight away as he’d score goals in any era, particularly in today’s game with no hatchet men trying kick lumps out of him but on reflection I’d go for Alan Hinton’s pinpoint accuracy from the flanks with crosses and a shot like a cannonball. 

Agree with this, the only possible other would be “Prince” Charlie. Don’t know who’s place he would take but it doesn’t matter, he could play anywhere in front of the defensive line, and probably in it and still be brilliant. Probably only Carson would keep him out of the side.

Good question! Some obvious ones, like Eranio to play RB (or anywhere, frankly), Mark Wright or Igor Stimac jut because they'd improve even this defence, Dean Saunders as the striker.

I'm going to chuck in an unpopular one, probably...Gary Micklewhite to get up and down that right flank. All the running GR needs, plus quality. Very under-rated part of Arthur Cox's teams.

Archived