Derby County F.C. v Bristol City F.C.

Boycie

4 minutes ago, swiftur said:

match of the day and football on five show their howlers each week,there is no hiding place,they have no defence,we have video evidence every week of how incompetent they are.

So, you know what you ought to do?

Study, take your refereeing exams, start refereeing in junior football, work your way up the ranks until you become an international referee, set a brilliant example of just how good you are, retire, become an adviser to the Football Association on the standard of referees, gain their respect, tell them exactly what to do and how to sort out their incompetence problems then report back here where you will be lauded for your dedication to the cause.

If you can do that before we play at Millwall, so much the better.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, swiftur said:

match of the day and football on five show their howlers each week,there is no hiding place,they have no defence,we have video evidence every week of how incompetent they are.

You make it sound like two shows to rival "It'll be alright on the night" or "You've been framed" which they're not. Yes, they do show some decisions the officials get wrong but to imply the programs are littered with such bloopers is incorrect. 

I believe that,on the whole, the refs get most things right but, if you have footage from several dozen football games then it's easy to find a few errors. The refs job would be a whole lot easier if footballers weren't such cheats. 

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is unwarranted. How easy do you think it is to get EVERY decision correct? Afterall even watching replays and VAR there is often no consensus of opinion? I wonder what you expect.

Yes agree how often do watch a match either live or on TV  You are convinced the ref has got it wrong and proved he got it right . I know I've been proved wrong many times 

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

It must have been sheer hell for you to have to watch him over the past few years. I'm really sorry that you had to go through that.

The year we got to wembley must have been murder for you.  ? ? ?

Can you tell me the last time you saw him run the channel  You fell into the trap of what he used to do  Of course he used to be good but that's when we played to his strengths those days are gone Its four years since Wembley the club has moved on nobody's been banging our door down to sign have they  Its ended up with us phoning round trying to get clubs to take him of our hands 

15 hours ago, Harrowram said:

I had a look at one of Bristol City's forums. Most of their fans thought it should have been a penalty though most blamed Jerome for a theatrical dive. They weren't too pleased about the replay on the big screen and most of them weren't too impressed with Derby. Though as Bristol is primarily a rugby town I am not too sure they know much about football!

I'd agree with them. I wasn't impressed with Derby particularly, as a team in second. I was even less impressed with Bristol City as a team in the play-offs and one that had performed so well against the Manchester clubs.

It was one of those games that looked like it should be great because it was a top of the Championship clash, but in reality showed all the shortcomings of the Championship with far too much kick and rush, lack of ball retention and poor quality in key areas of the pitch.  

47 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I'd agree with them. I wasn't impressed with Derby particularly, as a team in second. I was even less impressed with Bristol City as a team in the play-offs and one that had performed so well against the Manchester clubs.

It was one of those games that looked like it should be great because it was a top of the Championship clash, but in reality showed all the shortcomings of the Championship with far too much kick and rush, lack of ball retention and poor quality in key areas of the pitch.  

I noticed quite a lot of hoofing in the first 20 minutes of the second half. Wisdom then davies then lawrence then forsyth then russell then carson then keogh.....

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

In terms of your final point, I wonder in terms of a spectacle, whether Sky got their two matches (us and SWvsCC) in the wrong order. Would Cardiff had come out more of they didn’t know what the other results were and would Bristol/us pushed more knowing what needed to be done? Obviously it’s all hindsight stuff, but in the end they got two boring games

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

In terms of your final point, I wonder in terms of a spectacle, whether Sky got their two matches (us and SWvsCC) in the wrong order. Would Cardiff had come out more of they didn’t know what the other results were and would Bristol/us pushed more knowing what needed to be done? Obviously it’s all hindsight stuff, but in the end they got two boring games

I think we pushed as much as we could push, we just didn't have the required composure, skill or wherewithal to make the most of the opportunities and positions we crafted. Had it of been 3-0 no-one would have complained.

It was described on the Commentary as a chess match and it was one aspect of the game they got right. When we got stuffed by Villa it was our own undoing. The players were knackered after the Man U game and then losing to a last minute goal v Wolves 48 hours earlier. We went at Villa from the off and conceded two goals completely against the run of play in the first 20 minutes.we then chased the game and were picked off three more imes.

Johnson obviously knew the manner in which you manage a game, knows even at home you are happy with 35% possession and to sit back and then unleash a counter attack. Therefore he instructed the players not to get too far forward and leave spaces for you to exploit. Thus a game of us tippy tapping it around without causing any danger and never committing too many forward. We did gthis in the second half v Man C after finding ourselves leading at HT and it nearly worked.

It would have been a better game had we gone for it and it wouldn't have ended goalless. Which side would have won the game though is impossible to conclude.

However, it was more important for us to not allow you to inflict an 8 point gap than close that gap to 2 points.

15 hours ago, swiftur said:

The referees association should have tv screen in each ground watched by tv referee, then it would be dead easy for them.they won't accept live tv monitor help, they deserve all the stick they get.howler after howler and they are shown to be incompetent match after match.

and footballers are all innocent of doing doing anything wrong?PLEASE

14 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Can you tell me the last time you saw him run the channel  You fell into the trap of what he used to do  Of course he used to be good but that's when we played to his strengths those days are gone Its four years since Wembley the club has moved on nobody's been banging our door down to sign have they  Its ended up with us phoning round trying to get clubs to take him of our hands 

He did something good at Wembley ?

Apart from block Jamie Wards goalbound shot that is. 

Can’t recall last time he chased or ran a channel, but that being said in spite of his tortoiseness he’s a capable off the ball runner ... I’ve seen him score great pressing goals (Ipswich away 1-0) but it’s sort of self fulfilling ... label him as one dimensional now he’s become totally one dimensional. The hold up guy. Sad.

34 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Can’t recall last time he chased or ran a channel, but that being said in spite of his tortoiseness he’s a capable off the ball runner ... I’ve seen him score great pressing goals (Ipswich away 1-0) but it’s sort of self fulfilling ... label him as one dimensional now he’s become totally one dimensional. The hold up guy. Sad.

Are wearing this again today?:thumbsup:

images-12.jpg.925986d47a32e084b09e0fa08e6a1db7.jpg

3 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Actually, it was probably one of the better 0-0s I have ever seen. It was exciting, there was incident, it was a quick-paced game, and there was a good atmosphere. It was a penalty but the Windmill (Cameron Jerome) made it look like a dive...it was so blatant, had he have first pulled a swimming hat and goggles and strapped them to his head and face, before leaning forward and plunging head first, I wouldn't have been surprised. :mellow: 

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

Newsflash - Ninos offered all expenses paid trip to Dubai and has decided to take the offer. He will room with Chris Martin as Ninos insisted on there being a large wardrobe in his room.

31 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Newsflash - Ninos offered all expenses paid trip to Dubai and has decided to take the offer. He will room with Chris Martin as Ninos insisted on there being a large wardrobe in his room.

There is a rumor on the internet, CM didn't go to Dubai after all.

cmnottodubai-01.jpg

Archived