Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

38 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Jesus Christ, some of you lot need to pull yourselves together, like hysterical women! 

Rowett will not go to Stoke, they haven’t even made an official approach!! 

He lives in Derby, his son is Derby mad, we’re second in the table, he’s got some of the best facilities in the country at his disposal. 

Hes probably sat at home, p*****g himself over his bacon sarnie at the hysteria of some of our fan base. I’ve no doubt a new deal is being negotiated with Mel and Gary just isn’t the sort of character to walk away from a club half way through a project. 

Hes openly come out and stated he was baffled at Birmingham fans claiming that he was tapping up other clubs behind the clubs back. He has staunchly defended that he would have happily stayed at Birmingham for the long term, as I expect he feels exactly the same here!! Im that confident he’s staying, i’d put my mortgage on it. 

Chill out and let’s all get behind the club for the second half of the season, instead of creating panic, create some unity and lets build on the pride and togetherness that was felt by everybody after the Man Utd game.

COYR!!

Great post, now this is no bull, my mate has seen Gary in the co-op in Allestree, and had a chant to him about the Manu game, Gary said he was very proud of the players at Manu, and said the Derby fans were outstanding, my mate then asked him if he was going to stoke, and Gary then replied No chance, but he sensed it was an uncomfortable question lol. Gary will still be here next season, no probs.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Under consideration' is rather meaningless. I would imagine any manager worth his salt is under consideration. The fact that Stoke is a quick drive up the A50 would help Rowett's candidacy. However he would inherit an ageing squad whereby a considerable amount of money has been squandered on 3 players who aren't performing. I know he inherited considerable problems at Birmingham and turned it around but the Championship might be more forgiving than the Premier League. Winning promotion at Derby would boost Rowett's CV. escaping relegation to be faced with the same problems next season might not be the answer. Paul Clement at Swansea is a prime example.

Here's what I think:

Rowett would be much more interested than some of us are making out. He's very ambitious.

Stoke are much more of an attractive proposition than some of us are making out (vitrually the same facilities, attendances, etc. They just have more money, better players and are a division above us).

Ultimately, what's going on here is just about too good for him to jump ship. You have to feel that we're all set for a go in the Premier League, and Gary can make a name for himself with us. 

He'll sign a 3/4 year contract and lead us to the promised land.

14 minutes ago, Topram said:

Stoke fans seem pretty confident 

Not particularly.  Some are hopeful, but plenty question whether we are an attractive enough proposition at the moment for Rowett.  

9 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Is it confidence or a totally misplaced sense of entitlement?

Sense of entitlement? Not in the slightest. 

56 minutes ago, eddie said:

Weren't you the one who was criticising Rowett for going on holiday to Portugal during the first international break?

Just asking, because you seem to be hell-bent on scoring points over Rowett in the last day or two.

Yes i did 

It was at the end of the August transfer window. .

Whats your point because I think you have also not been averse to criticism of him am i right. 

11 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Here's what I think:

Rowett would be much more interested than some of us are making out. He's very ambitious.

Stoke are much more of an attractive proposition than some of us are making out (vitrually the same facilities, attendances, etc. They just have more money, better players and are a division above us).

Ultimately, what's going on here is just about too good for him to jump ship. You have to feel that we're all set for a go in the Premier League, and Gary can make a name for himself with us. 

He'll sign a 3/4 year contract and lead us to the promised land.

I agree with the first 4 paragraphs but not the last. If offered the job I expect him to take it. We are far from promotion and Stoke are far from relegation. It’s a no lose if he takes it. Keep em up, he’s a god. Get relegated, blame Hughes.Staying with Derby is a risk. His stock is high now, in life chances come fleetingly. Turn it down now it may never return. Plus there seems to be a rule that once you’re a premier manager, you’re always a premier manager. No matter how ***** you are. They seem to be considered for the next vacancy. As far as I’m concerned it needs to be quick either way. In or out, done by Wednesday. I’m sure it will be. Stoke won’t want to hang around 

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

And I'll bet money to charity that Stoke are too panicked to go for a relatively new and unknown guy like Rowett.

They'll be looking for someone with a longer CV, someone more predictable.

They won't be brave enough to go for Rowett 

I tend to agree. A much more attractive prospect will be the sort of manager who has been previously sacked by at least 2 other Premier League teams. 

8 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I agree with the first 4 paragraphs but not the last. If offered the job I expect him to take it. We are far from promotion and Stoke are far from relegation. It’s a no lose if he takes it. Keep em up, he’s a god. Get relegated, blame Hughes.Staying with Derby is a risk. His stock is high now, in life chances come fleetingly. Turn it down now it may never return. Plus there seems to be a rule that once you’re a premier manager, you’re always a premier manager. No matter how ***** you are. They seem to be considered for the next vacancy. As far as I’m concerned it needs to be quick either way. In or out, done by Wednesday. I’m sure it will be. Stoke won’t want to hang around 

Seeing as they currently occupy one of the relegation places how are they "far from relegation"? They have an ageing squad and appear to have no real appetite for a scrap to get out of their current position. There's no guarantee that they will get the 'new manager bounce', no matter who goes there.

13 minutes ago, curtains said:

Yes i did 

It was at the end of the August transfer window. .

Whats your point because I think you have also not been averse to criticism of him am i right. 

We all make mistakes or errors of judgement. You are right - I made a severely critical observation about the style of football, back in August or September, following that awful performance in Bristol, i think it was. I also make no secret of the fact that I have given up my season ticket this season for financial reasons.

*Given our position and our owners wealth, plus the fact he has lived in Duffield since since he played for us , his three children have all grown up here and gone to school here, at least two of them have ST’s at Derby, his connection with the club and also his ability to prove himself with us(should we go up), should be more than enough to say no to Stoke. If a better calibre club came in for him, and outside the top 7/8 of the PL I cannot think of a better long term opportunity( seriously) , then I would accept him leaving and understand it. Stoke are clearly not a better opportunity, currently.(in my opinion ). *These are not the views of DCFCFANS but views of one of their posters whose views  DCFCFANS cannot be held responsible for. 

Even if not publicly put to bed quickly I would hope that Mel and rowett sort the hypothetical question posed at this point as we are lying second and have just entered rowett s second transfer window in charge so don’t want to be holding off because of any uncertainty or spending on players if there’s a poss that rowett could leave very soon ,,

Archived