Manchester United F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this team is ready for a premier club and United will be a good acid test on how good this Derby team is. GR will play his strongest team available. If we are to get promotion this year then this game is a measure of how good this team is. If we lose miserably then GR knows he will have to spend to stay up but if we play well, win or lose he will know that minor tweets are all that are required. 

Either way I’m looking forward to a trip to Old Trafford with my Grandson and hopefully see the Rams win. COYRs.

I've not spent £100+ on tickets to go and see the reserves. If I want to watch the reserves I'll go down to pride park when they're playing. 

We have over a week to rest after this game. As far as I'm concerned there are no excuses for not giving it a proper go and I imagine the players will be thinking the same. 

Martial tore us a new one the other year and that was when Man U were managed by Louis Van Gaal and were equally as dull as they are now.

Fancy Vydra and Winnall could get some joy against Smalling and Rojo if it is those 2 in the central defensive pairing.

I'd put Johnson on with specific instructions to clatter that little scrote Lingard a couple of times early doors. In the words of the late Bill Mc Garry "I want to see how quickly he can limp!" :lol:

Didn't think I'd be able to get to this one because of school. But as it stands, I should be able to get a train there and hop on a bus coming back. What I am wondering is how people are getting there by train. Couldn't find any trains going from Burton or Derby to the Manchester United train station, so are people getting a link from another station in Manchester.

Anyway, @DC-1975 has also kindly notified me of a spare ticket, so I should be all set to go.

However, my parents' attitude has mellowed only slightly since Saturday. They need to have a conversation before letting me go. Pray for me boys and girls:unsure:.

19 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Didn't think I'd be able to get to this one because of school. But as it stands, I should be able to get a train there and hop on a bus coming back. What I am wondering is how people are getting there by train. Couldn't find any trains going from Burton or Derby to the Manchester United train station, so are people getting a link from another station in Manchester.

Anyway, @DC-1975 has also kindly notified me of a spare ticket, so I should be all set to go.

However, my parents' attitude has mellowed only slightly since Saturday. They need to have a conversation before letting me go. Pray for me boys and girls:unsure:.

If you want to save a fair bit of money, go from Tutbury and Hatton and change at Stoke for Manchester Piccadilly. 

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

If you want to save a fair bit of money, go from Tutbury and Hatton and change at Stoke for Manchester Piccadilly. 

Thanks for that mate, may consider it as Tutbury the station is only 15 mins from where I live.

I was planning going as a 15 year old (I'm 18 and I'll be drinking on the train) to save some money:D. An adult train from Hatton costs the same as a child's from Burton and has a similar price.

32 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Well done for getting a ticket. Don't think they're running any trains from Piccadilly (MAN) to Old Trafford (MUF) on the night so you'll probably have to catch one of them fancy trams. About half an hour's journey (including the walk either end). With a shockingly bad journey planner at https://my.tfgm.com/#/journeys/

But if you've not had a few too many, check when you get to Manchester Piccadilly as there might be something on.

And once we're safely into the fourth round, you buckle down to your studies, young man! ;)

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Any one planning on a pub in Manchester? Is there an AWAY pub? 

Aiming to arrive bout 4 pm. Don’t know if it’s better to drink in city centre and travel out to game or find something closer. Perhaps some of the young uns on Twitter can enlighten us Ellafella 

6 hours ago, Warrington Ram said:

I think this team is ready for a premier club and United will be a good acid test on how good this Derby team is. GR will play his strongest team available. If we are to get promotion this year then this game is a measure of how good this team is. If we lose miserably then GR knows he will have to spend to stay up but if we play well, win or lose he will know that minor tweets are all that are required. 

Either way I’m looking forward to a trip to Old Trafford with my Grandson and hopefully see the Rams win. COYRs.

I’m saying 3-2 Rams. With a bit of passion we can beat the so called big boys

6 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Aiming to arrive bout 4 pm. Don’t know if it’s better to drink in city centre and travel out to game or find something closer. Perhaps some of the young uns on Twitter can enlighten us Ellafella 

Edward and I will be arriving around 4:30pm. Probably best to find something closer...

22 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Any one planning on a pub in Manchester? Is there an AWAY pub? 

16 minutes ago, Doodle said:

1 minute ago, Gritters said:

I might try Salford Quays area.

This guide says either Salford Quays or the city centre:

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/old-trafford-manchester-united.html#aacknowledgements

Archived