Manchester United F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

Old Trafford.

20.00 hrs / 8.00 pm

5th Jan 2018.

No pressure on us, do we need the distraction of a FA cup run?

I feel Gary may put out a side similar to the one against Ipswich, hopefully nobody gets injured and we don’t get a replay.

Just go for it Derby, it’d be great to continue our good away record at the home of manure.

Whats word on d’street?

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched Utd yesterday after our game. Safe to say if both teams play at a similar level, we will get ripped apart. Best player and a surprise to most Derby fans was Lingard closely followed by pogba. I’m sure with 6 days rest we will be ready for this. Worryingly in his interview on RD after yesterday’s Gary mentioned resting key players. Could mean Vydra, Keogh and Davis plus Hudds. Hope I read it wrong. My team if fully fit 

Carson

Wisdom.    Keogh.     Davis.    Olsen    

Hudds/Ledley/ Thorne ( fittest 2)

Lawrance/Weimann.              Johnson    

Vydra.              Winnall

I know most wouldn’t want Johnson  on the left but I think he can provide the extra help our midfield will need. Can’t wait for this. Head says 4-1 them heart 1-2 us 

I'd make a few changes for this game to reward some players who have been on the fringes of the squad and have been waiting patiently for their opportunity. I keep changing my mind but I think this should be our team:

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh   Pearce   Olsson

Huddlestone  Thorne

Russell         Martin     Johnson

Winnall

26 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I'd make a few changes for this game to reward some players who have been on the fringes of the squad and have been waiting patiently for their opportunity. I keep changing my mind but I think this should be our team:

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh   Pearce   Olsson

Huddlestone  Thorne

Russell         Martin     Johnson

Winnall

I think we might need Martin Johnson for this one!

This is not a game for throwing the kids out there, the FA Cup is Man Utd's last realistic hope of a trophy this season and having been embarrassed by Bristol City already, it's a game they likely to take very serious. I don't see any positives from throwing the U23's into the slaughter.

Rowett has already spoke of changes, not the entire team and to be fair after Sheff Utd we probably need to give a few legs out there a rest, we have the oldest team in the league and it probably showed a little yesterday.

I would be looking at maybe Carson, Olsson, Pearce, Keogh, Wisdom, Ledley, Thorne, Lawrence, Vydra, Weimann, Winnall. 

Still a strong side with a bit of Premier League experience thrown in.

Well a victory would be very nice as would a draw from a commercial point of view ( another £1 million in the bank/ FFP / transfer fund

Carson

wisdom Pearce shackell ollson

Bennett   Huddlestone Thorne lawrence 

Martin Winnall

subs Mitchell Pearce lowe Russell wieman Thomas vernam 

well that’s what I am expecting - no need to risk any injuries and give some of them game time as we will need them at some point

http://www.redcafe.net/matches/manchester-united-vs-derby-county.207/discussion

Four days rest, I'm expecting a very strong team, no risks whatsoever. Main chance of a trophy.

Derby will be as a big a test as Bristol City. We shouldn't take them lightly. 

De Gea
Lindelof Smalling Rojo Shaw
Herrera Tuanzebe Pogba
Mkhitaryan Martial Rashford

Our best chance to win a trophy, so we should take this seriously. Rest Matic, start Romero, other than that close to full strength starting 11. Really shouldn't underestimate Derby, 2nd in the Championship.

I'd rest the defense and Matic but I'd keep the attack in place, we have ten days until we play again. 

The best part is after this game we get a proper 10 day rest. Everything in the league is still under control for finishing 2nd. Let us give proper rest to our team and then thrash stoke and start a new beginning. Meanwhile we can field a strong team here but rest Matic. I won't. mind if Jose just send's him to a holiday for 3 or 4 day's. Take proper rest and come back when we play stoke.

Derby finally showing consistency. Shouldn't be difficult to win but won't be rollovers.

We can't afford losing and be kicked out of the cup at least for now, it's maybe our best chance to win something this season, and I reckon Jose knows that too so I would say just rest Matic from the team who played today and play every one else with Lukaku back for this too. Our next league game after 10 days from this one so good rest will come anyway.

Its their best chance of a trophy. It also show how poor they have been recently when Lingard has been their best player. Jose has spent £300m to turn them into a 90s wimbledon they play terrible football compered to city. Their best outfield player is martial but jose doesnt know how to get the best out of him.

United should beat us & probably will but i still believe we have a punchers chance. The Bristol result will have done us no favours & hopefully lukaku is out. He’s been poor recently but Its the sort of game against a side in a lower division where he’d score a hattrick

We should play our strongest side i dont mind if thats 11 from our strongest 15 with Winnall comming in for nugent but no way we should play fringe players or the under 23s plus we should reward the first team players that want to play

While usually I'm on the always play your best side of the fence in these situations, I think our "best" side on paper is absolutely knackered right now. Due to energy levels, our best side currently might include a few fringe players.

I expect changes, and I for one will not be having a go at Rowett if he does make them.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

While usually I'm on the always play your best side of the fence in these situations, I think our "best" side on paper is absolutely knackered right now. Due to energy levels, our best side currently might include a few fringe players.

I expect changes, and I for one will not be having a go at Rowett if he does make them.

Why would they be tired ! 

Just now, curtains said:

Why would they be tired ! 

I don't know, I imagine if they were tired it would be down to the fact that we play a heavy pressing game and just played 4 games in 10 days.

But I think anyone who came away from Sheff Utd game thinking the players looked fresh at any point is at least slightly mad.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I don't know, I imagine if they were tired it would be down to the fact that we play a heavy pressing game and just played 4 games in 10 days.

But I think anyone who came away from Sheff Utd game thinking the players looked fresh at any point is at least slightly mad.

Rowett made excuses about tiredness for me. 

He picked the wrong team didn’t he. 

Why would you play Johnson in  a 2 with Huddlestone 

Just now, curtains said:

Rowett made excuses about tiredness for me. 

He picked the wrong team didn’t he. 

Why would you play Johnson opinion a 2. 

I've literally no idea what you just said.

Archived