Forsyth- 2 and half year new contract

Leicester Ram

29 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I would argue he’s the exception rather than the rule. Although some championship players make the step up, many, many more don’t. For me Carson Keogh Davis Ledley Wisdom Vydra Lawrence Nugent Weimann could play for us in the premier league and stand a chance of staying up. The rest would need replacing. Not counting any of the youngsters who are yet to reach their potential 

But it is impossible to say whether or not he can make the step up until he actually does.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed and the same could be said for the entire squad. So IF we get promotion  and stick with our current squad, I think we would be relegated. Therefore judgements need to be made on who to replace and who to stick with. In my humble opinion he would be one of the unlucky ones

2 hours ago, Doodle said:

I have no idea how we sit within FFP, but guess we are pretty tight. Does this however worsen the situation? As we are now committed to pay his wages for 3 more years?? 

I was responding to several posts saying we should ditch fizzy because he wont be good enough for the prem if we go up. I mentioned ffp just in the general sense that we cant just go and spend a substantial amount on a pl level left back.

Im happy he's got his new deal, makes more sense than swapping him for AN Other championship left back.

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I was responding to several posts saying we should ditch fizzy because he wont be good enough for the prem if we go up. I mentioned ffp just in the general sense that we cant just go and spend a substantial amount on a pl level left back.

Im happy he's got his new deal, makes more sense than swapping him for AN Other championship left back.

I didn’t want us to buy anyone to replace him, just thought we could have waited a while before signing him up till summer 2020. I personally wouldn’t buy anyone in Jan, but wouldn’t mind a loan or even two if anyone’s available, with a option to buy should we go up 

Really pleased about this and I think Fozzy has been steadily improving throughout the season so far and will soon be back at his absolute best.

Not really mentioned in this thread but the extra height he gives us at set pieces has been invaluable on many occasions already this season. I still have nightmares about some of the goals we let in from crosses last year! 

18 hours ago, Doodle said:

I may be in a minority of 1 or possibly 2 but I can’t see the sense in this. Before his injury he was a great championship left back. Since his return he’s a decent championship left back. If and I know it’s a big if, we go up anytime soon he will need replacing. Never has been and never will be any better than this division

Ha just seen this post by @Doodlequoted on the Independant website. How come none of my posts get published in the national press?

I've been a big fan of Fozzy during his time here, but I think people concerned with his current performances are justified. I'd say of our misplaced passes, Fozzy's provided a decent % of them and his defensive positioning is getting worse.

Having said that, he remains ahead of Olsson and it seems a bit mad not to give a renewal to a first teamer.

I think we'd all like to see Lowe there but the more time passes the more doubtful his step-up becomes. Another youth lost to the misery of injury.

Best bet right now I think is to hope Fozzy rediscovers his pre-injury form, as unlikely as that may be.

I'm glad he's got a new contract and we know what a player he can be. 

He looks quite off the pace though at the moment and has done since he came back. I don't know whether the answer is more game time or rest and work on the training ground.

Gary said he would have played Olsson yesterday but he was ill, and that seems a sensible view. I imagine if fit Olsson will play on Friday. 

I just hope Foz can get back to his pre-injury self.   

Maybe not playing four games in about 12 days for someone coming back from two knee ligament injuries has something to do with him making a few mistakes but then again we never lost any of those games in fact how many goals and how many points did he cost us? 

On 30 December 2017 at 22:42, Gritters said:

I think any player or person for that matter gives 100% to his work/job then he deserves a contract renewal. 

Really? Regardless of how poor that person may be at their job, provided they try hard and give 100% effort they deserve a renewal? 

Would that include Leon Best, Billy Caskey, Derek Hales and Ryan Shotton when they were around? 

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

He seems a different player away from home.  I think the negativity of the crowd is getting to him. People are on his back as soon as he hits one pass off target. Surely that can't be good for a player's confidence.

I've met CF a few times and although quite fleeting, he strikes me as a naturally shy, quite introverted character. He's the sort of player who goes about his business without drawing attention to himself. I think he is very sensitive to criticism and is the sort who needs an arm around the shoulder rather than  a kick up the proverbial; a carrot rather than a stick. 

Having heaped praise on him the other day, he went and had an absolutely car crash v Sheff Utd; they drove a lot of diagonals out towards their right wing area in a definite tactic to get CF twisting and turning hither and thither. It was the source of their equaliser,

That said, I'm more than confident that CF will rise again.

Why isn't there a song about him? Some strong verbal encouragement would really help this guy. 

18 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I've met CF a few times and although quite fleeting, he strikes me as a naturally shy, quite introverted character. He's the sort of player who goes about his business without drawing attention to himself. I think he is very sensitive to criticism and is the sort who needs an arm around the shoulder rather than  a kick up the proverbial; a carrot rather than a stick. 

Having heaped praise on him the other day, he went and had an absolutely car crash v Sheff Utd; they drove a lot of diagonals out towards their right wing area in a definite tactic to get CF twisting and turning hither and thither. It was the source of their equaliser,

That said, I'm more than confident that CF will rise again.

Why isn't there a song about him?

I'm pretty sure it wasn't. They had a short corner and Johnson stood off Donaldson too much and Baird let Clarke walk past him. Nothing to do with Forsyth.

To be fair, I don't think many left  backs get songs about them. It's not a glamorous position.

Archived