Forsyth- 2 and half year new contract

Leicester Ram

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What worries me with Forsyth is they keep saying 'he's not back to his best yet' and 'he's close to his best' but his performances throughout the season have actually got worse.. the last half a dozen home games he's been dire. His positional sense is shocking (maybe something to do with the fact he was a reserve winger), he gives the ball away cheaply, he gets skinned one v one every single time and he's starting to not win his headers anymore either. 

I can understand why we've given him a new deal because Olson is no world beater and Lowe is unreliable but I'm sorry to say he's our major weak link. Teams target that side during the game is blatantly obvious. We have to go and get better!!

1 hour ago, clarkeram7 said:

What worries me with Forsyth is they keep saying 'he's not back to his best yet' and 'he's close to his best' but his performances throughout the season have actually got worse.. the last half a dozen home games he's been dire. His positional sense is shocking (maybe something to do with the fact he was a reserve winger), he gives the ball away cheaply, he gets skinned one v one every single time and he's starting to not win his headers anymore either. 

I can understand why we've given him a new deal because Olson is no world beater and Lowe is unreliable but I'm sorry to say he's our major weak link. Teams target that side during the game is blatantly obvious. We have to go and get better!!

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but he has been part of a back four that has taken us to second in the league where we have hardly conceded a goal with us having some fantastic results at places we seldom get anything. I for one am very happy with what I see 

For me, he looks slow and his defensive positioning is poor at the moment. Whether he is just tired or not I don't know but I feel the only benefit of having him in the team is for his height.

Also, seeing as he is one of the tallest in the team, why does he stay back for corners. I'd have him in the box at every set piece. Let the smaller players drop back for the corners.

7 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

For me, he looks slow and his defensive positioning is poor at the moment. Whether he is just tired or not I don't know but I feel the only benefit of having him in the team is for his height.

Also, seeing as he is one of the tallest in the team, why does he stay back for corners. I'd have him in the box at every set piece. Let the smaller players drop back for the corners.

As Baird is now taking corners, who would you have dropping back? Vydra? Russell?

Always had time for Fozzy of old but this post double ACL Forsyth scares me every game. He must lead the league in conceding corners and be top 10 for random clearances. A bit worrying that GR seems to love him regardless - but I’ll go along with whatever is going on that I’m not seeing. What we all will agree on is that he needs to step it up and tighten his defensive game pronto. He seems to be indirectly involved in every opposition goal which is worrying. @clarkeram7 is right but let’s hope he’s wrong going forward.

Archived