Forsyth- 2 and half year new contract

Leicester Ram

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

It' nice to see the club tieing players down , I've been critical of Fozzy this season but I think he' been fantastic the last 2 home games and hopefully more to come. 

He has done really well coming back from those two injuries and it shows that he is no 1 choice for left back above a fully fit Ollson - good defender.

2 hours ago, needles said:

Good news. GT next please Gaz!

That would be very nice as well and personally I would like Russell to be staying also and while we are at it Baird has played his way into serious consideration for another year if he wanted it

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be in a minority of 1 or possibly 2 but I can’t see the sense in this. Before his injury he was a great championship left back. Since his return he’s a decent championship left back. If and I know it’s a big if, we go up anytime soon he will need replacing. Never has been and never will be any better than this division 

5 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I may be in a minority of 1 or possibly 2 but I can’t see the sense in this. Before his injury he was a great championship left back. Since his return he’s a decent championship left back. If and I know it’s a big if, we go up anytime soon he will need replacing. Never has been and never will be any better than this division 

Well having watched a lot of the defending in the premiership he is at the very minimum at least good enough and once you become a premiership club somehow you can sell for lots of money, as for his injuries well I agree he is still getting up to his full fitness but it’s a good sensible contract extension 

He's a good player and has a good attitude so he probably deserves a new deal but I'd still be looking to strengthen in this area. I don't think there's a lot between Forsyth and Olsson but the latter cannot be trusted with his injury records. A young left back would be nice, I was hoping Lowe would be that man as he is a better crosser than any of our full backs(level with Baird) but he is injury prone.

16 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Let's just assume that you are correct in saying that we would need to get rid of this 'average' championship LB if we got promoted, then by giving him a decent long term contract, we have given him a decent valuation compared to letting his contract run out and letting him go for nothing.

22 minutes ago, Doodle said:

How’d you know? 

12 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Let's just assume that you are correct in saying that we would need to get rid of this 'average' championship LB if we got promoted, then by giving him a decent long term contract, we have given him a decent valuation compared to letting his contract run out and letting him go for nothing.

Fair point. But if we don’t achieve promotion, it will be because we are not good enough and need to improve. Obviously not in every position but left back would be one I would look at 

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That promotion is still a pretty big "if" epecially as we are in a one in one out ffp situation (more or less)

I have no idea how we sit within FFP, but guess we are pretty tight. Does this however worsen the situation? As we are now committed to pay his wages for 3 more years?? 

11 minutes ago, rynny said:

Exactly.

I would argue he’s the exception rather than the rule. Although some championship players make the step up, many, many more don’t. For me Carson Keogh Davis Ledley Wisdom Vydra Lawrence Nugent Weimann could play for us in the premier league and stand a chance of staying up. The rest would need replacing. Not counting any of the youngsters who are yet to reach their potential 

I’m leary. I loved Fozzy of old but this seasons Fozzy is a shadow of his former self - he even admits it. Hopefully he improves significantly because his current performances just aren’t good enough. Sadly Max Balsa Wood Lowe isn’t looking too magical in the U23s either so we are just crossing our fingers and hoping that Rowetts trust is well placed and that Fozzy will get better as he says he will. 

Now more importantly when is GT signing ?

Cant be arsed to read 4 pages.

But if twitter is anything to go by.

50% will be congratulating Fozzie on the contract.

the other 50% will be slagging us off for offering a contract to what is perceived to be our worst player.

The same 50% plus more will be demanding we offer Thorne a contract despite the fact we've paid out probably hundreds of thousands of pounds to a player who is always on the treatment table and isnt even in our current starting XI despite apparently being fully fit.

Good enough for now... Hopefully he'll rediscover his earlier form, then this would turn out to be good business.

If we someday end up getting promoted, we still need two LB's. If Forsyth would be in back up role, I'd be happy with that.

Archived