Forsyth- 2 and half year new contract

Leicester Ram

20 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't. They had a short corner and Johnson stood off Donaldson too much and Baird let Clarke walk past him. Nothing to do with Forsyth.

To be fair, I don't think many left  backs get songs about them. It's not a glamorous position.

indeed @PodgeyRam; I meant their right-wing area; I wasn't trying to blame CF for their goal, merely that the right wing was their outlet of choice yesterday, they worked their right side. 

Convention is not a reason not to have a song about a player. it would raise raise CF's game when he needs it. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

indeed @PodgeyRam; I meant their right-wing area; I wasn't trying to blame CF for their goal, merely that the right wing was their outlet of choice yesterday, they worked their right side. 

Convention is not a reason not to have a song about a player. it would raise raise CF's game when he needs it. 

Considering that was their main avenue of attack I think its telling their best chances (goal aside, which was a set piece), actually came from our right back position.

I didn't mean to say he didn't deserve a song. It just left backs in general don't get one. Would be nice to see him have one.

Not read any recent posts.... but omfg Forsyth yesterday was genuinely painful to watch. For example, when the United player was running towards the east/north corner, with nobody to pass to and nowhere to run. Forsyth decides to shove him over and give them a fairly decent chance at a free kick. I’m pretty sure my nan could’ve defended better than that.

Furthermore, his decision making and passing ability was just diabolical. Only thing he did yesterday that was half decent was his heading. Saying he’s like 6”5 I’d expect that tbf. New Left back needed please!!!

Rant over 

There can't be many Championship teams achieve such an exalted league position with so many apparent liabilities and scapegoats in the side.

Perhaps people watch a little too much Barcelona.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

There can't be many Championship teams achieve such an exalted league position with so many apparent liabilities and scapegoats in the side.

Perhaps people watch a little too much Barcelona.

Absolutely. GR must be a genius to get this shower of ***** up to 2nd. :mellow:

People literally cannot wait to jump on his back, they're waiting for it. It's happened throughout his time at Derby and it doesn't help. He doesn't deserve the stick he gets.

Downside of being here so long is that Derby fans worship new players. The newer you are, the less chance you've had for the fans to decide that you're actually ***** which invariably happens to every player because they're championship level players.

If you watch someone play long enough at this level, you're bound to see them make mistakes. It's why so many people seemed to be eager to get rid of Keogh, despite him being one of the nets defenders in the league. Forsyth is a good player.

Forsyth is a key part of one of the best defence's in the league but there's still people around me moaning that he's starting. Rowett likes defenders who are good at defending first and foremost. It's why Andre Wisdom is here, not Cyrus Christie.

Forsyth is a great defender. He was a great overlapping full-back once but he hasn't got that consistent level of attacking performance in him anymore, particularly in this system. He's never been a great passer but he's an absolute rock at the back, which is what Rowett wants.

If you trust Rowett, you should trust Forsyth.

2 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Forsyth is a great defender

Sorry but should be the past tense, even if you are a great fan of Fozzie.

I am one of the folks that criticised Keogh in the past (for his errors) and similarly Russell for his final ball, but I stand corrected, at present, because whatever GR is doing he is coaching the  issues out of these players.

Unfortunately Foz had ball distribution problems to start with and his injuries have appeared not to have improved the situation and at the moment he looks like the weakest link in the team.

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt but at the moment he could be the difference between automatic promotion and play-offs, as the margins are so tight in this league and weaknesses are ruthlessly exploited.

8 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

I am one of the folks that criticised Keogh in the past (for his errors) and similarly Russell for his final ball, but I stand corrected, at present, because whatever GR is doing he is coaching the  issues out of these players.

Unfortunately Foz had ball distribution problems to start with and his injuries have appeared not to have improved the situation and at the moment he looks like the weakest link in the team.

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt but at the moment he could be the difference between automatic promotion and play-offs, as the margins are so tight in this league and weaknesses are ruthlessly exploited.

Always helpful to have someone to moan at if things aren't perfect...do you ever stop and wonder why successive managers placed more value on Keogh, Russell and Forsyth than you seem to?

19 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

So ruthlessly exploited that he has been at fault for exactly 0 goals since we started climbing the table?

31 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Form, like varying levels of self belief are temporary. So Like when russell struggled it doesnt make him a bad player. same goes for Fozzie. Fozzie struggled big time against sheff utd, and it looked like his head had dropped completely at times. Thankfully i trust GR to manage him properly, maybe reassure how good we know he is, as opposed to most fans views of  - hes not good enough - get rid ASAP !

38 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I feel sorry for Forsyth. Who needs stick from opposition fans when your own are more than happy to dish it out.

I'm not dishing it out? I think it's pathetic the groans the players get from our home fans 

All considered I didn’t think he played too badly yesterday. I’d love some people to play full back, where you suddenly don’t have the full pitch to pass and your options are limited due to not enough movement. In times like that it can be the hardest position to play, get heckled for a poor pass, heckled for hoofing, heckled for losing the ball trying to dribble into space. You cant win. Give him a break, think there were worst culprits yesterday 

49 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

So ruthlessly exploited that he has been at fault for exactly 0 goals since we started climbing the table?

Here we go again - criticise a player and memory banks go awry. I notice the caveated  "since we started climbing the table" - remember the Reading match?

Also what about all of the misplaced balls - My imagination. Nearly all to the opposition unfortunately; this is football whereupon you don't give the ball to the other side, perhaps that's been forgotten. 

I'm sorry, he's had half a season and not shown anything of note after his horrific injury. He's okay not that special - lovable bloke but not the future. I think I am in the minority on this, but I would have let him go as I don't think his level matches where we want to go.

49 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

as opposed to most fans views of  - hes not good enough - get rid ASAP !

contrary to how it is interpreted I would love Fozzie to come good - however we have had, in March, 5 years to understand his potential and I know (unfortunately) that he has given the ball away, delivered an errant pass more times than any other regular player in that period

Archived