Is it too early to get excited?

Sexydadbod

I promised myself at the start of the season that I wouldn't get too excited or too upset as I thought this would be a transition season.

However, after yesterday's result and fueled by alcohol, I did a little dance, a few steps sideways, a few steps backwards and the Hokey Cokey. I wouldn't have got very high marks on strictly dancing but the public would have voted me in. I now cannot stop looking at the table as we are only three points off second and I have butterflies in my stomach because this is our year.

I'm so excited that this is the year that the rams are going up if all goes as planned. I'm might create a petition for Joe Ledley to do his infamous dance during the promotion celebration. COYR

Or am I getting too ahead of myself? Oh who cares. Merry Christmas my fellow rams fans because we have gone through many good and bad times together and remember to dance.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McLovin said:

I promised myself at the start of the season that I wouldn't get too excited or too upset as I thought this would be a transition season.

However, after yesterday's result and fueled by alcohol, I did a little dance, a few steps sideways, a few steps backwards and the Hokey Cokey. I wouldn't have got very high marks on strictly dancing but the public would have voted me in. I now cannot stop looking at the table as we are only three points off second and I have butterflies in my stomach because this is our year.

I'm so excited that this is the year that the rams are going up if all goes as planned. I'm might create a petition for Joe Ledley to do his infamous dance during the promotion celebration. COYR

Or am I getting too ahead of myself? Oh who cares. Merry Christmas my fellow rams fans because we have gone through many good and bad times together and remember to dance.

You are.
Only 2 spots are automatic, the last spot is a bit of a lottery often decided by how lucky you are in a penalty shoot out.

Wait until Christmas and see if we can do a full season this year rather than collapse halfway through. Rowett seems to have fixed the "giving up for the last 30 minutes of every game" thing that we had going in recent years, so I am confident he will fix the Christmas curse as well.

If they continue this form through January then I will start to get excited. (2nd is my prediction) 

Certainly improving as the season progreses,with players on the bench capable of doing a job.

The likes of hull, leeds ,sheff wed middlesborough , Norwich,Villa appear to be well off pace with the inconsistencies we have shown in the past, so its looking positive. Cant see Bristol city or Cardiff having the squad capable of mantaining their position and Wolves arent exactly man city and more than capable of hitting a poor spell.

Quietly confident,but think the next 5 games will determine if we will secure one of the automatic places.

I don't think you are, our run has been carved out through patience, skill and tactical play. Players are playing to the ability we knew they had but not displayed under other management. I've looked at other teams and I think we're better than all of them.

i see no reason we can't own the rest of the season . I'm excited I can't help it.

I never have seen the point in not getting excited in things that are exciting. 

**** it, to dare is to do, balls to them who can't wait to do you down, life's too short to live in anything but the moment when it comes to Derby County.

Oh, I thought this was going to be about Santa’s impending visit tonight when I saw the title.

Anyway, if someone told me late September/early October we’d be third in the table at Christmas I would have doubted it, he’s doing something right the boy and long may it continue.

I’m a kind of once bitten twice shy type so I’ll wait a little while before I get proper optimistic about the auto’s but I have to add I can’t help being well impressed by our form and resilience which can only be down to the manager and his staff. Never thought I’d write that.

Let’s hope for a prosperous New Year for the club and fans alike. ? 

It's starting to remind me of the Arthur/TBE days when you knew each players role in the team and every game you had a chance of winning. With the squad at the moment we could probably play a B team and be mid table in the championship, with Steve Howhard and Saul Pimpson managing it. :lol:

Still think Auto promotion is on and is linked to this windows activity. But what do I know ?,just off to uncork another bottle.

Good health to all you brilliant and loyal Rams fans.

HB.

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

Wait until Christmas and see if we can do a full season this year rather than collapse halfway through. Rowett seems to have fixed the "giving up for the last 30 minutes of every game" thing that we had going in recent years, so I am confident he will fix the Christmas curse as well.

If they continue this form through January then I will start to get excited. (2nd is my prediction) 

That wot he said up there look. Get t' end of Jan and we can all start weeing in our trousers.

Mods...take this thread down ASAP please. 

McLovin...you may be onto something...and yes there's a spring in our step. But can we not just say Nowt. Sit quiet and watch. We are Derby and this type of talk hardly ever goes well for us. I prefer under the radar. :thumbsup:

I have earned a very natural nervous disposition supporting Derby through the years. Let's talk about something else pleeeease mate. 

Just enjoy it for what it is, teams playing well and winning, we can hope of going up, not worried the clubs going to fall apart, to be honest, its pretty good to support dcfc right now.

Merry Christmas Mel, Rowett, the players, staff and the bottle of "Shackleton" blended malt whisky (nicely balanced, not challenging and if you've a bottle in yer stocking, enjoy)

7 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I never have seen the point in not getting excited in things that are exciting. 

**** it, to dare is to do, balls to them who can't wait to do you down, life's too short to live in anything but the moment when it comes to Derby County.

If I had a glass of Baileys I would raise one to this.

When are we allowed to get excited and enjoy the football, in the summer once it’s all over and the crickets on?

Nah.

Enjoy the journey.

Archived