Is it too early to get excited?

Sexydadbod

7 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

It's starting to remind me of the Arthur/TBE days when you knew each players role in the team and every game you had a chance of winning. With the squad at the moment we could probably play a B team and be mid table in the championship, with Steve Howhard and Saul Pimpson managing it. :lol:

Still think Auto promotion is on and is linked to this windows activity. But what do I know ?,just off to uncork another bottle.

Good health to all you brilliant and loyal Rams fans.

HB.

Dont think the window is has much to do with it.
I think its more to do with 2 things, 1) us keeping focus, ie dont give teams the chances  we allowed Millwall after we were 3 up.
We do that more and more in games and soon we will start loosing games.

2) Birizzle city have been on a cup run, and have 2 legs against man City to come, hopefully this will take its toll and give us the advantage over them.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be difficult to find a pulse in a fan not excited by the current run.

It started with getting the results but now we see the performance as well the result. Gary Rowett has a few times seemed a bit tetchy about criticisms of the team's past performances but for me they were justified - 45 minutes at home without a shot on target and some aimless hoofball, but that has gone.

Even without strengthening in the window I think we have the experience and quality to avoid the play-off lottery.

Cardiff and Bristol City are gonna drop some games now, so hoping we will be 2nd

before long. Villa and Sheff U seem to have hit a rough patch.

My biggest worries are Boro (with Pulis), and Leeds look like going on a run.

If we can handle a Hull renaissance and beat Ipswich I'll feel a lot better.

**** it, I'm going to have a single malt before I get into bed (midnite here)

19 hours ago, McLovin said:

I promised myself at the start of the season that I wouldn't get too excited or too upset as I thought this would be a transition season.

However, after yesterday's result and fueled by alcohol, I did a little dance, a few steps sideways, a few steps backwards and the Hokey Cokey. I wouldn't have got very high marks on strictly dancing but the public would have voted me in. I now cannot stop looking at the table as we are only three points off second and I have butterflies in my stomach because this is our year.

I'm so excited that this is the year that the rams are going up if all goes as planned. I'm might create a petition for Joe Ledley to do his infamous dance during the promotion celebration. COYR

Or am I getting too ahead of myself? Oh who cares. Merry Christmas my fellow rams fans because we have gone through many good and bad times together and remember to dance.

Well on the basis that wolves are the best team I have seen this season and we are the second best then yes please do 

we will have bad days and look average but we have qualities other teams don’t have 

merry Christmas 

merry Christmas 

The problem is with this excitement is the expectation of winning each game we play.

I think you could ask even the most optimistic fan "do you think Derby will win every league game they have left this season?" and the answer would be no. However when you single out each game individually, instead of looking at it as a whole, anything other than a win will always draw criticism. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thing is if we don't win what do we have to look at?

No team is going to win every game, so my point is why is it an expectation when you split each game down individually? There are improvements to be made of course, but it's hindsight comments after the game, as if that specific poster knew all the secrets to get us the win that I don't like. 

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

No team is going to win every game, so my point is why is it an expectation when you split each game down individually? There are improvements to be made of course, but it's hindsight comments after the game, as if that specific poster knew all the secrets to get us the win that I don't like. 

Amd my point was if we don't win what can we congratulate ourselves on, how well we played? The sparkling football?

Archived