Automatic Promotion

DarkFruitsRam7

Automatic Promotion  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/12/2017 at 22:27, Carl Sagan said:

Too soon!

Plus the Championship, as Colin knows only too well, is about being consistent over the entire season. Unlike Cardiff, we had a poor start so are now playing catchup. And with a six point gap we are almost certain to run out of games. If I recall, the most points we have ever won in any season in our history is the 85 from McClaren's first season. Cardiff only need 39 points from their remaining 24 games (1.63 a game) to beat that. The first half of the season they've averaged 2.14.

I think this will be another season of finishing a strong third, but with clear blue water to the top two. It will test the players to enter the playoff fray once more, but that looks to be by far the most likely outcome. The lowest playoff spot will probably be something like 75 points, for which we need 34 from our remaining 24 games which is 1.42 a game when we're averaging 1.86 a game so far and 2.33 a game since we beat the gumps.

Even that last number, our spell of great form, is only marginally ahead of what Cardiff have achieved all season, meaning we would need 32 more games to catch them if both teams continue in the same vein. And there are only 24 games left.

But the other side of the coin is we only have to overtake two teams and are close enough to Bristol City that they are catchable, so what we need is a Cardiff collapse. It's only one team, so it is possible, but Colin's teams rarely implode in the way we need them too.

Who’s Colin??

Carl,

Not often i disagree with your comments,indeed always enjoy reading your post and insight to all things DCFC.

However i do think the possibilities of us getting automatic promotion is not unrealistic. Both Cardiff and Bristol city are in distance and as we continue to improve as the season continues ,both mentally and tactically .

We are continuing to develop as a team and unlike other seasons  starting to beat teams in previous seasons we  struggled against such as the Middlesbrough's ,leeds and Hulls of this world. I think that is the Major differance for us this season as opposed to recent years.

I also believe Cardiff and to some extent Wolves will have a blipp. Hopefully we have had ours, but as the FA cup, cold weather ,build up of games become more prevalent and no doubt injuries I believe we are in a better position to cope than most.

7 hours ago, jono said:

Joking apart, this is a tricky one for GR. Everyone will want to play at Old Trafford but the big prize has to be top priority. So what does he do. Throw some kids in to the fire ? Reward some out of favour players ? Experiment a bit ? Field the A team and go for it ? .... Personally I'd have a spine of first teamers and a basic structure   but try some combinations and young 'uns somewhere in the mix 

Not me. I’d lay our very best side Jono ... that’s what we should do. We can beat Man U as they are talented but largely disjointed under Mourinho. 

Wolves are miles better than the  rest in this league and do have millions to available spend in January to make sure they go up.

Well the rest the teams are much the same,  so are we ready to go up?

Have fans forgot about the Reading, BC games?

Is this team really capable of holding up against those in the prem?

1 minute ago, toddy said:

Wolves are miles better than the  rest in this league and do have millions to available spend in January to make sure they go up.

I'd like to think we would have learned something from our last visit to Prem and get the right players for us to compete in the Prem next time. We should be able to challenge the likes of Bournemouth, Brighton, Huddersfield and even Burnley who are doing pretty well actually.

24 minutes ago, toddy said:

This team doesn’t need to hold up against those in the Prem because we’re not there yet. 

If we do go up, as with every club that has ever been promoted we will have a transfer window to strengthen the side.

2 minutes ago, David said:

This team doesn’t need to hold up against those in the Prem because we’re not there yet. 

If we do go up, as with every club that has ever been promoted we will have a transfer window to strengthen the side.

This. Too many people are scarred from the 07 season. Times are much different. The money and players that will become available once you’re promoted is another world compared to 07. Get out this league any way you can, build once you’re up.

If you look at our poor results they came early in the season I think this may be due to us being In a transition into Rowetts style. A Sheff Utd fan said it didn't look like our players were running after the ball when we played them. I don't see anything like that now.

I'd put the Reading game down to bad luck where we didn't cope for 10 minutes with Keogh going off after 5 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

If you look at our poor results they came early in the season I think this may be due to us being In a transition into Rowetts style. A Sheff Utd fan said it didn't look like our players were running after the ball when we played them. I don't see anything like that now.

I'd put the Reading game down to bad luck where we didn't cope for 10 minutes with Keogh going off after 5 minutes. 

Reading wasn't bad luck. They tore us to shreds.

They waited for us to send Forsyth up and then exploited the space behind him. clever tactics. 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Reading wasn't bad luck. They tore us to shreds.

They waited for us to send Forsyth up and then exploited the space behind him. clever tactics. 

Most teams would struggle going 2 goals behind so early on.  The only problem I see with our current game plan is that if we can't keep it tight till half time we are unlikely to turn it around.  Occasionally we will have this sort of experience but mostly we succeed and sometimes even score early.  Not the worst problem to have

Archived