Automatic Promotion

DarkFruitsRam7

Automatic Promotion  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a season where it just doesn't matter: play-offs alone would be some feat from Gary this season - especially looking at the quality and spending of the teams in the league this year.  This could be a blessing, whereby there is less pressure than when we've been an expectant bunch, and as such berated the team for only winning by two.  

Let's not forget he's gone from inheriting a team we'd fallen out of love with; to drilling home a team with character, resilience and clear evidence that they're working hard for the shirt and the manager. 

Whatever happens, if he gets the time he needs he'll get it right and get us up. 

32 minutes ago, In_The_Dark_Ram said:

Over the last 12 games Derby have matched Wolves and have 4 more points than Cardiff - I reckon Cardiff can be caught.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:championship/form/matches:12/type:home-and-away/

It's suggestive until you realize that extrapolating from that form table means we end the season on 97 points to Cardiff's 95. Over the season it's not a stretch to think Cardiff might get 95 points as they're actually on course for 98 as things stand. But I think from where we are it's near impossible for us to get 97 and, even if we did, Cardiff only need to maintain their season-long form to pip us.

Before the season began I would definitely have taken playoffs and that is looking reasonably likely. Of course an automatic place is the Holy Grail, but we've given ourselves a mountain to climb. It means every game is crucial. Yes, we have Cardiff at home and if we win we've got a 3pt swing in just one game, but lose that one game and the dream of autos is over.

We need two more teams more to beat cardiff than beat us.

Not impossible.

Charting straight lines based on such and such points per game...do that if you like but it doesn't always work like that in real life.

I think we'll finish top 6 but not top 2 but we're as capable of losing a few as any other team in the division. You never know.

The longer Bristol City stay in the race for 2nd -- the more pressure builds on Cardiff City. Why ? Can you imagine rivals from each side of the Severn Bridge getting more  irate at letting Anglo welsh border enemies get promoted at their expense. I can.

The more others get distracted the better for us , perhaps ?

As long as we are within 5 points, of either the top two or the playoffs, with two games left then we still have a chance.

Lots of football still to be played. People looking months and months in advance. I'm super positive, but we could easily get beat by anyone in this division, just like we could beat anyone in this division.

Strap in and enjoy the ride.

5 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

For the love of God. Can we line up the Keogh detractors and nail them with paint pellets. It's been years of abuse that the true believers had to put up with. Not everyone can see what a football genius he is. But now they do.

Yup. I recall us talking about his brilliant forward beckenbauer esque runs years ago. Now it’s trendy to talk about them !

We're not even half way through yet so the fact there's a six point gap doesn't bother me. In two games, it could be gone. Alternatively, in two games it could be 12 points. We just need to keep doing what we do without worrying too much about other teams and I think that gap will be chiselled away.

I think we have a great chance because of the results we're capable of picking up away from home. In any league, if your away form is good then you tend to do alright. If we keep this up and find ways of putting teams to the sword at home when they come to sit back, then we have a good a chance as anybody of finishing 2nd.

1 hour ago, europia said:

There's never a bad time to get promoted, but really the sooner the better. Two of the 3 teams to be relegated from the PL this season will be very strong. 

That's said every season.

Archived