Automatic Promotion

DarkFruitsRam7

Automatic Promotion  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Beat Cardiff at home and we only need to make up 3 points in the remaining 23 games at a rate of 0.1304347826 points per game. Very possible.

Well we have already drawn at their place and Gary Rowett keeps stating in the post match interviews that we can play better. What we need now and until the end of the season is that bit of luck. Being lucky in some games, being lucky with injuries not happening to our key players.

I'm positive, every team has a wobble throughout the season, we just happened to experience ours before anyone else. We have played more of the bigger teams away so far this season such as Cardiff, Bristol City, Leeds, Boro, Sheff Utd etc which should give us a slight advantage in the second half of the season when we have them at home. 

There is no way Cardiff will finish on 95+ points come the end of the season, the likes of them and Bristol City doing very well at the moment but I'd suggest they are playing nearer to the best of their abilities than us. 

Still a long way to go but that and the amount of experience to get out of this league we have throughout the team will stand us in very good stead for the second half of the season. Let's just hope we don't have the annual February meltdown this time!

Just now, plymouthram said:

Well we have already drawn at their place and Gary Rowett keeps stating in the post match interviews that we can play better. What we need now and until the end of the season is that bit of luck. Being lucky in some games, being lucky with injuries not happening to our key players.

Plus a bit of luck in the timing of when we play our key rivals - ie hopefully when they're a bit weakened through injuries /suspension. 

I think everyone can feel the sense that something is starting to be built here. The players too can feel it as their performance levels have increased and we have now become a team. They are all working together for one cause.

I believe we have quite few factors which may work to our benefit. 

1. GR's ambition to succeed.

2. A core of experienced battle-hardened players who have successfully been through this before.

3. Our passionate support.

4. We have been so close the law of averages means we must be due a revisit to premier league.

All we need to do is keep the faith and cheer on the lads 

19 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I think everyone can feel the sense that something is starting to be built here. The players too can feel it as their performance levels have increased and we have now become a team. They are all working together for one cause.

I believe we have quite few factors which may work to our benefit. 

1. GR's ambition to succeed.

2. A core of experienced battle-hardened players who have successfully been through this before.

3. Our passionate support.

4. We have been so close the law of averages means we must be due a revisit to premier league.

All we need to do is keep the faith and cheer on the lads 

Very good post just need a couple in Jan and we won't be far off 

Too many variables to say ,injuries ,who buys who in the transfer window, cup runs or not ,etc .For me we are ahead of where I thought we would be with this squad after the last window shut,and we looked the part on Saturday .Lets not get carried away enjoy the moment hope for the best, but we are in with a good shout.

Anything is possible. You'd say Wolves would have to have a catastrophe to finish outside of the top 2 from here. We have a strong, experienced and determined squad. That should stand us in good stead but from now to Feb will be absolutely critical. 

You get the feeling that a single defeat doesn't have the same impact as previous years. We seem to bounce back quickly and adapt as a result. 

Performances are improving. We score good goals and have a very clinical strike force. 

We will have a much better idea by the end of Feb. That's sort of obvious but it's a critical time with injuries, suspensions etc. 

Key difference for me is The team spirit and the determination. It's not always pretty but you've got to love the fight and the will to win!

41 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

Key difference for me is The team spirit and the determination. It's not always pretty but you've got to love the fight and the will to win!

exactly and there's also a confidence/swagger about them.  Absolutely love it when they are snapping at the heels of the opposition defence giving them no time to build.  Interesting to see how they cope with Millwall that do much the same

Sounds like a cliche but we really will know more by early Feb.

We have two huge homes games coming up v Bristol and Sheff Utd, punctuated with nominally 'easy' games both home and away vs Millwall and away vs Birmingham.

Aside from Birmingham, who I watched recently and thought were comfortably the worst Championship side I've seen this season, all those games are hard but very important. Win em all and all of a sudden we look a step above our play-off rivals!

On 16 December 2017 at 21:59, Gypsy Ram said:

For the love of God. Can we line up the Keogh detractors and nail them with paint pellets. It's been years of abuse that the true believers had to put up with. Not everyone can see what a football genius he is. But now they do.

No need for that. There is a list and we know who's on it. At the appropriate time they will be rounded up and sent to the Gulag next to the city ground. 

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

We don’t take cups seriously. You of all people should know that. We will beat manure get through to quarter finals then field a reserve side.:ph34r:

Joking apart, this is a tricky one for GR. Everyone will want to play at Old Trafford but the big prize has to be top priority. So what does he do. Throw some kids in to the fire ? Reward some out of favour players ? Experiment a bit ? Field the A team and go for it ? .... Personally I'd have a spine of first teamers and a basic structure   but try some combinations and young 'uns somewhere in the mix 

Archived