Automatic Promotion

DarkFruitsRam7

Automatic Promotion  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing worries me that could scupper this....

That gr lets some of our bench to because we get offered a good price...I'm thinking martin,Russell and Thorne.......and then Nugent and Lawrence get injured and we are are well and truly ducked as per the 2015 season.

It's incredibly important that we continue to have solid and complete backup for Gary's first choice team right up to the end of the season and making a few bucks from selling that trio could be visas for us.

I really think that if we can retain our current 18 squad that we can do the autos.

On 17/12/2017 at 00:05, Carl Sagan said:

It's suggestive until you realize that extrapolating from that form table means we end the season on 97 points to Cardiff's 95. Over the season it's not a stretch to think Cardiff might get 95 points as they're actually on course for 98 as things stand. But I think from where we are it's near impossible for us to get 97 and, even if we did, Cardiff only need to maintain their season-long form to pip us.

Before the season began I would definitely have taken playoffs and that is looking reasonably likely. Of course an automatic place is the Holy Grail, but we've given ourselves a mountain to climb. It means every game is crucial. Yes, we have Cardiff at home and if we win we've got a 3pt swing in just one game, but lose that one game and the dream of autos is over.

If Cardiff continue their current form, they will be lucky to hang on to a play off place

Nobody can say the autos aren't up for grabs. Bristol City have been coming good for a couple of years and it was their day today - but they have Wolves, Villa and the Mighty Rams to play in the next couple of weeks so they'll do well to hang on to second.

We have to go for autos now - i have a terrible feeling about Pulis at Middlesborough - I can see him taking them up via the playoffs and I don't want us to be involved in that.

I love whats happening at Derby now - this scrappy point today might be the difference at the end of the season!

COYR

14 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Cardiff now having their dip in form. next will be Bristol's dip. When are Wolves going to have theirs?

As they play each other next - somebody has to drop points.  Me : Is it too much to ask for a draw ?  

Ie both could drop 2 - if we can beat Ipswich to take advantage!

On 12/26/2017 at 18:19, Parsnip said:

Nobody can say the autos aren't up for grabs. Bristol City have been coming good for a couple of years and it was their day today - but they have Wolves, Villa and the Mighty Rams to play in the next couple of weeks so they'll do well to hang on to second.

We have to go for autos now - i have a terrible feeling about Pulis at Middlesborough - I can see him taking them up via the playoffs and I don't want us to be involved in that.

I love whats happening at Derby now - this scrappy point today might be the difference at the end of the season!

COYR

Yes I tend to agree. Bristol have been doing well and have the winning mentality and a good team spirit which could take them to the autos if they take points off the other contenders. No doubt Pulis will get Boro going again and probably garb a play off spot. Will be interesting to see how he sets them up. I wouldn't see Cyrus Christie and Bamford as Pulis type players, but you never know....

Its all to play for in the new year. 

I think we’ll do it for two reasons:

1. We now have players like Hudds and Davies who knows what winning promotion entails. 

2. Several of our players have been involved in more than one near miss before and will not want to experience it again. 

COYR!!

Brizzle have more injuries than us (plus a suspended GK), they also have 2 more fixtures against man City to contend with.

Obviously they dont have to play wolves again now, and we do.

I think our results against brizzle and wolves could define the season.

Surely Bristol have to be deflated after that one? Worked really hard, even harder when they had a man down, and to have it nicked at the death must feel terrible. Now they have the unenviable task of going to Villa Park in a few days time. Rough schedule for them. However, regardless of other results, we have to keep plugging away with wins. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Surely Bristol have to be deflated after that one? Worked really hard, even harder when they had a man down, and to have it nicked at the death must feel terrible. Now they have the unenviable task of going to Villa Park in a few days time. Rough schedule for them. However, regardless of other results, we have to keep plugging away with wins. 

Plus two Cup games against Premier league teams in the next 10 days too to distract them.

Cardiff have run out of steam and Warnock knows it, that's why he is demanding the owners to give him some spending money. Bristol have a pile up of fixtures in January = Villa, Norwich, Derby and QPR to play in the League. Also Watford in FA cup and 2 ties against Man City in the League cup. That's 7 matches in 27 days.Sheffield Utd have now been found out, Leeds and Villa keep stuttering. Who will be Wolves and Derby's main threats.

27 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Cardiff have run out of steam and Warnock knows it, that's why he is demanding the owners to give him some spending money. Bristol have a pile up of fixtures in January = Villa, Norwich, Derby and QPR to play in the League. Also Watford in FA cup and 2 ties against Man City in the League cup. That's 7 matches in 27 days.Sheffield Utd have now been found out, Leeds and Villa keep stuttering. Who will be Wolves and Derby's main threats.

will still be Bristol City as our main threat.

Whether we have been lucky in some games defensively with other teams missing chances against us is up for debate.

but i would suggest we have definately been lucky by not getting much in the way of injuries. Lawrence, Bradley, ledley today have missed the odd game here and there. But Cardiff, bristol city, Villa have all had loads of injuries and their squads dont look so deep all of a sudden. Whilst they arent a play off contender Ipswich today are down to their bare bones in certain positions like central midfield having lost two players for the season.

13 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

will still be Bristol City as our main threat.

Whether we have been lucky in some games defensively with other teams missing chances against us is up for debate.

but i would suggest we have definately been lucky by not getting much in the way of injuries. Lawrence, Bradley, ledley today have missed the odd game here and there. But Cardiff, bristol city, Villa have all had loads of injuries and their squads dont look so deep all of a sudden. Whilst they arent a play off contender Ipswich today are down to their bare bones in certain positions like central midfield having lost two players for the season.

We have had chances for promotion before but fell away with key injuries being part of the reason. Luck does play apart with getting injuries, i also think the training techniques where some players get injuries play a part. Perhaps Gary's coaching team have got it right in training. Wolves, like us have stayed clear of injuries, then you need that luck as well as having a good strong squad.

Archived