12/12/17 - Fans Forum at The Yard

Seth's left foot

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

I’ve been invited to next Tuesdays forum at The Yard, any questions that you would like swerving? :whistle:

Might demand that Thorne is given a contract extension or else

The PA volume and build up to kick off. Let fans create the atmosphere. 

4 hours ago, therams69 said:

If I remember correctly I think the club tried this for 1 game and it fell silent lol

Maybe because everyone is so used to it I don't know...

More likely because the South Stand doesn't fill up until five minutes before kick off - everyone's downstairs drinking (I presume!)

6 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

The PA volume and build up to kick off. Let fans create the atmosphere. 

If they could just turn it down from 11 to 8 then it wouldn't distort so much and my ears might stop bleeding

I pretty much like the rest of the pre match build up but please just turn it down a bit....they bought a brand new spanking sound system but absolutely ruin it with the ridiculous volume it plays everything at.

3oz8xxsWxuLEwyYVCE.gif

26 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Oh and if they could moderate the weekday match prices a bit I'd be grateful too.

Cheers!

Agreed 100%. Don't get me wrong I don't mind the extra leg room either side but it would be nice to sell out mid week games. 
On a similar note I've often wondered about a season ticket option for people (like myself) who can't make week day games. I have no idea what that solution would be, but maybe our directors might be able to work on a solution. It's a bit gutting having those empty seats which season ticket holders have paid for when loads of people would love to attend the game if they could afford it

1 hour ago, whiteroseram said:

Agreed 100%. Don't get me wrong I don't mind the extra leg room either side but it would be nice to sell out mid week games. 
On a similar note I've often wondered about a season ticket option for people (like myself) who can't make week day games. I have no idea what that solution would be, but maybe our directors might be able to work on a solution. It's a bit gutting having those empty seats which season ticket holders have paid for when loads of people would love to attend the game if they could afford it

People should do what me and my mates do, if we can't make a game we give the the ticket to one of the others so they can take somebody else along. One is in the army and I've taken my grandson to the last 2 home games using his ticket.

18 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

I’ve been invited to next Tuesdays forum at The Yard, any questions that you would like swerving? :whistle:

Might demand that Thorne is given a contract extension or else

1. Can we have a blue plaque at the Old Bell?

2. Can the Club raise the £ to buy John McGovern's match day kit/ Championship medals?

:mellow:

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

People should do what me and my mates do, if we can't make a game we give the the ticket to one of the others so they can take somebody else along. One is in the army and I've taken my grandson to the last 2 home games using his ticket.

That's fine, if you know others who will use the tickets. 

I'd don't know any other Derby fans who don't already have season tickets, but for games I know in advance i can't attend it would be great to offer them up on the website.

Free of charge would be fine by me, rather than having empty seats.

It shouldn't be so hard in this day and age, especially when you see spare season ticket seats for sale on most PL websites.

I'd sign up for a scheme that gave my unused tickets to schoolkids, after all thats how I started supporting Derby, with the free ticket with a junior bus pass scheme they used to run, back at the BBG.

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

That's fine, if you know others who will use the tickets. 

I'd don't know any other Derby fans who don't already have season tickets, but for games I know in advance i can't attend it would be great to offer them up on the website.

Free of charge would be fine by me, rather than having empty seats.

It shouldn't be so hard in this day and age, especially when you see spare season ticket seats for sale on most PL websites.

I'd sign up for a scheme that gave my unused tickets to schoolkids, after all thats how I started supporting Derby, with the free ticket with a junior bus pass scheme they used to run, back at the BBG.

The lads I know have season tickets, this just gives us a chance to take people that can't afford a season ticket or don't buy one due to work commitments. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'll get slaughtered for this as its a little bit of an obsession with me BUT..............The grass/mud surround of the pitch between the touch lines and the little skinny bit of artificial grass we have looks second rate compared to most premier league/top championship teams. Get it sorted groundsman/Mel.

I would agree. I noticed that at Swansea they have black astroturf between pitch and stand and that looks nice. Black and white would be great but the white would look horrible after a couple of games.

Archived