12/12/17 - Fans Forum at The Yard

Seth's left foot

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Really! I can’t remember anyone pushing them in anything.. Whne was the last one at the Silk Mill? Are those questions not as. Laid now as they were then.? Priorities? Performance v Results?

If Mel told you the earth was flat, would you believe it? Some would, 

They get far too an easy ride at these things.

I can see where you are coming from, I don’t take much interest in these types of events as for me, they are just a PR exercise.  Questions around FFP, certain players, or style of play compared to Clements for example aren’t going to answered in the detail required to get an understanding of what the real situation is.  Instead, MM and his team will look at forums like this and pick up on certain areas and have answers that are designed to appease.

And before the usual suspect jumps upon this post, I haven’t said there is anything wrong with what MM is doing, I think he is a good businessman and Derby are lucky to have him.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's this 1200 crowd inflation thing? I can see with my own eyes that there's less fans at home games.

Also love Gary's passive aggressive dig at Derby fans whilst roping in Nigel. A bit like moaning about people moaning. Owd Gal is confused because most grumbles are about the style and performance as we don't actually lose that often. With Nigel, most moans were about style, performance and also losing a lot. A totally different concept.

24 minutes ago, David said:

This isn't everything so watch yourself when it's online again to watch later.......

The club are looking into extra Roadriders/Trains for the Man United cup game.

Man Utd set the ticket prices.

The club were offered 2 allocations, due to the day/prices etc. they took the reduced allocation. Had they took the bigger allocation those tickets would have been more expensive due to the location in the ground. 

The club will make 45% from ticket sales (both home and away).

Wifi in the concourses is a no go, technology simply isn't there. Man City spent a shed load and failed once it got to Saturday. Something the club will continue to look at in the future.

January, we will be more reactive than proactive, looking to move fringe players on and see where we are, they don't want to sign another 2/3 players on top of what we have. Also need to keep the pathway clear for the U23s to break through. Luke Thomas was one mentioned.

Vydra was described as the most diligent professional at the club, if he's not picked wants to know why, what can he do, Rowett told him he knows he will score goals, showed him the other side of the game he wants to see from him. Tried to sign him at Birmingham on loan but another club (Reading?) paid £2m loan fee.

Entertainment, Rowett seemed pretty baffled as to what the fans are looking for, he's not a fan, what he can see is a team trying to score, create chances. Spoke to Nigel Clough who said the same that when Derby are not winning the fans start to grumble and moan. Mel commented that Derby fans think it's been a **** season if we don't get promoted, high expectations.

Attendance policy has been changed from previous seasons, if you're comparing them to show fan discontent with the football add 1,200 on to this seasons.

That's  soooo right because all other football fans just love it whether they win or not; **** football and defeats compared with good football and victoires...they treat those twin imposters just the same. :mellow: Except for us Derby fans. How do they put up with us. 

20 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Been fine for me.

Mel reckons the gates haven’t gone down by 1200 this year, but instead he’s actually been counting an extra 1200 by mistake for the past 3 years..! :lol: :ph34r:

I need someone to explain this attendance thing to me a bit more,I’m not getting it:blink:

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

That's  soooo right because all other football fans just love it whether they win or not; **** football and defeats compared with good football and victoires...they treat those twin imposters just the same. :mellow: Except for us Derby fans. How do they put up with us. 

Have to agree. Fans are fans and obviously want attractive football AND wins. I like GR a lot and think he’s doing a good job but he has this habit of coming over as rather condescending towards fans at times which I think doesn’t do him any credit.

Free season ticket offer is still on next season if we go up, promise still stands. Wouldn't have said it if he didn't mean it.

ST sales are down 1500, revenue from ST sales is roughly £4.5/5m.

Lawrence injury, better that first feared, should know within 48hrs, best case 2 weeks out, worst case couple months although that's unlikely.

Ram Away, East Midlands trains want big money to put a train on, not cost effective for so won't put it on for the club. 

Rowett said it's a challenge to overcome teams that park the bus, going to be difficult, called on fans to be patient in games like these. Could sign Pete Crouch and lump balls up to him but that's not what he wants to do, you might have to watch the odd sideways and backwards pass.

Rowett was asked on contract renewals, asked which players had been offered deals. Didn't give names, spoke about decisions to be made what's best for the club. Pushed on Thorne, confirmed talks have begun with his representatives, has the same agent as Rowett.

One fan asked what does Rowett see him Chris Martin and why does he play him....ahem.

Carson another player that Rowett tried to sign for Birmingham, surprised him in that he's the best trainer he's seen, doesn't want him called up for England, could do with a breather (light hearted).

Less of a chance signing Kieftenbeld now we have Ledley, what we needed then isn't necessarily what we need now.

Atmosphere, the club are looking to the fans for input, what we want, spoke about the possibility of breaking up the South Stand but didn't want to annoy fans so it needs to come from us. Rowett spoke of the massive impact fans can have at the start of games, tried new things with the music/PA, highlighted the Forest game one the best we've seen, players comment on it.

Mel commented Steve Bloomers Watching possibly isn't effective to building an atmosphere, Man Utd play their signature song at half time but doesn't want to just scrap it/change anything, again must come through feedback from the fans.

Fans tonight were asked who doesn't want any pre match music, too loud, style of music wrong, only around 4 fans raised their hand on each.

-----------------------

There was a lot more tonight with regards to managing the squad and those not involved, the U23's bringing them through, the link between first team and U23's, worth a watch later when they upload the full night to watch again. 

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

He also mentioned about him walking into any possession based team which I read as him meaning: We aren't a possession based team so he'll never be an automatic choice for me. Once again, I may have misinterpretred that though. 

Yeah that would be right.

My brother went to Barnsley and really what he said was how boring/awful to watch was how we play. So apparently it's not just about results - do you get that Gary?!

6 minutes ago, TheAllestreeRam said:

Would be good for the atmosphere if 90% of the fans werent silent until one of our players misplaces one pass when the opposition have 10 men behind the ball. 

Agree with this, also I would love to replace the moaners with cardboard cutouts in the east stand, it would make my match experience so much better lol, hope we as fans are going to start to get behind the team now, Gary has done his job by getting us in the top 6 by Christmas now lets us fans roar us on into the top two.

Well that was interesting, had a pint of coke knocked down me before it even started:lol: 

Some of the questions were... interesting.. not quite sure what was going on with this Chris Martin one!

Some very interesting comments regarding youth devolpment, also nice to get a bit of tactical insight. All 4 spoke very well, think we’re in safe hands. Just hope it doesn’t all go to pot again!

Archived