Derby County v Burton Albion match thread

Boycie

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone see the commotion in the SW upper that kicked off during the added on time? 

Lots of people shouting for the stewards to come up and sort it out and a couple of blokes pointing and shouting at each other with their fists up.....

31 minutes ago, David said:

...then pick an extra attacker!

we were slightly fortunate to get 3 points from 2 games. Yet if we had beaten ipswich we would be sitting very pretty now.

go for it!

8 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Anyone see the commotion in the SW upper that kicked off during the added on time? 

Lots of people shouting for the stewards to come up and sort it out and a couple of blokes pointing and shouting at each other with their fists up.....

Wasn't Martin jumping into the crowd after @Ninos was it?

12 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

How much trouble can 20 -,30 Burton fans cause???

27 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

I think it was Nigel Clough and Billy Davies. Something about unfinished business kneeding to be sorted out. :thumbsup:

30 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Yes, was in my block.

I told them to pack up and they left of their own accord.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

All True but his final decision and his shooting is staggeringly bad - explaining why he’s not premier league quality. At least that’s why peeps are frustrated 

Disagree apart from the premium part and we will not know till he gets to play there...........but it is a game of opinions

4 minutes ago, Gritters said:

We had to rely on Buttons making a mistake. Ok we took the chance and that is why you pay money for quality players not that JR cost £ millions but if you are gifted a chance take it. The openings we created we fluffed.

To be fair to buttons someone should have shouted “he’s behind you” to warn him ?

15 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Boring again but a wins a win, 3 points in the bag....bring on next week ?

Boring has been used tonight a few times.

The only reason I react is because I have a couple who spend the whole time,every game talking about how constantly BORING it is!?

why do they go? Why do they have season tickets?

The only reason I don't ask them is my lad   Asked not to cause trouble, which is understandable as it's meant to be enjoyable for him.

3 pts ???????

2 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

The only reason I react is because I have a couple who spend the whole time,every game talking about how constantly BORING it is!?

The only reason I don't ask them is my lad   Asked not to cause trouble, which is understandable as it's meant to be enjoyable for him.

3 pts ???????

Because they always have season tickets and go in the hope of seeing entertaining football.  Why not ask them, I’m not sure why it would cause any trouble ?

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

That was absolutely disgusting from Burton. I know they have less quality but the way they set up was absolutely woeful. We could have been much more clinical and were too predictable but a win is a win. 

Disgusting? What did they do that was so wrong?

A  team with a tiny budget, who are struggling at the wrong end of the league, playing away at one of the bigger clubs. Of course they're not going to come here and play suicidal, gung-ho football with two wingers, two inside forwards and a centre forward, that would be insane.

Any manager in Clough's position is almost duty bound to set up a team to be awkward, difficult to break down and to make the opposition work hard for a win.

So long as they don't resort to kicking owt that moves or out and out cheating, then they can employ any tactics they wish. It's up to the home team to break them down.

It ain't pretty and I'm glad I don't have to watch it every week but that isn't Clough's or Burton's problem. We can't expect teams to come here and play to our strengths.

22 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

3 pts ???????

Is it a crime to call it boring ? It is BORING but I'll still go and will always go. It's been boring before and I'm sure it'll be boring in the future at some point. Currently it's boring, Rowetts football is boring but we won so happy days ????????????????

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Martin was at the centre of almost all our best chances today. He also played a massive part in us creating far more chances in the second half on Tuesday night than we ever did in the first half with Nuge and Vydra.

Rowett, someone you've proclaimed is a tactical genius, saw it fit to start Martin today and we got a win at home against a decent away side. He didn't score but we looked like a far more fluid attacking side than we have all season at home. Guess Rowett believes Martin will help us win.

Also, if strikers who score goals are so important to you, Martin should be one of your favourites. He's the only player on our books to score 20 goals in a season more than once.

A decent away side! there ***** and bottom of  the league,relegation to follow shortly.hopefully

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Because they always have season tickets and go in the hope of seeing entertaining football.  Why not ask them, I’m not sure why it would cause any trouble ?

Ok, we had a fall out about Conner Sammon , they loved him I never. They slated CM at first then championed him, they slate keogh?? 

The argument got quite heated so I made a point of not arguing with anyone once my boy came to the match.

I don't want the arguments  to start up again as I'm with my boy now

Perfect example is this season .....

we kicked off - we made 3 passes between our defence after less than a minute the guy behind me said 'this is **** isn't it?????

my boy looked at me in disbelief 

@AdamRam disagreements cause no trouble usually, but at s football matches it, in my experience, ends up in an unfortunate stalemate. etc

Archived