Derby County v Burton Albion match thread

Boycie

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good result so I’m sure people are happy however GR is taking away all enjoyment away from watching football for me.  Another game that lacked quality, his latest tactic of playing the ball more direct is a lack of innovation from a manager that is limited in his ideas.

I was hoping to get in the GR bandwagon with the right results, but watching derby is becoming tedious under his regime.

Had to leave on 70 minutes today to get back to Sheffield but glad we got the win.

Some of Weimann’s runs are very intelligent, if he had some composure he would be a very very good player. MOTM is probably deserved.

Baird still oozes premier league class. You can tell he played at the top level for a long time.

Lovely to see Thorne back, get that match fitness back and him and Ledley will be a partnership.

Vydra, Lawrence...fatigued? Disappointed by both today.

Martin was Martin, created the bulk of the chances. Need to get other players closer to him and we will start unlocking some of these sides comfortably. Will probably be dropped next game...

The etchings of a decent side is there, players need to read each other bettter and a little more composure but I did like the look of us

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Why o why do we have 2 holding minds on the pitch against Burton at home. After 70 mins we really needed to gamble and boring subs  just didn't do it for me.

very strange!

I feel if we pushed another midfielder forward we would be cramping up an area of the pitch we are already cramped. The key for me is that we need a player who runs from deep with the ball. When Vydra did that 1st half we then started getting a bit of joy, unfortunately he didn’t do it enough...

37 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

My sentiments exactly. I was just about to post the same. One point from 2 home games would have made for a depressing Saturday night. Thanks JR for making my beer taste a lot sweeter tonight. 

I prefer my beer not sweet at all. Hoppy and bitter please but I still wholeheartedly agree with you Steve:D 

1 hour ago, ramit said:

i am so far away from correctly predicting our matches this season, not gotten it once.  Predicted 3-2 for this one :D

Haha I don't know where these leagues are to check but if i have a single point then i don't know where it could've come from. Good job i'm not a betting man.

16 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Why o why do we have 2 holding minds on the pitch against Burton at home. After 70 mins we really needed to gamble and boring subs  just didn't do it for me.

very strange!

Totally agree

6 defensive players when we know Burton will offer naff all is so negative.

Ipswich and Burton games were crying out for a more attacking line up.

in the absence of hughes and bryson, russell was the only option who could run at them rather than behind them, and eventually it paid a dividend.

gary - you are so negative.

35 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I don't know who chooses MOTM but Weimann was now where near the same quality as George Thorne. I am not sure if I am bias but George was the best player on the pitch today.

I thought weimann deserved it.

george was ok but nowhere near his best.

martin improved us.

we were even better when lawrence went off.

Archived