Derby County v Burton Albion match thread

Boycie

23 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Only just watched the highlights back. Should have had a definate penalty in my opinion, you cant have your arms out like that and block a shot surely without it being a penalty.

It would have been harsh, he turned his back on it..... seen them given, but I don’t think it was for me

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Derby blood said:

I to hear this game in and game out , in the east stand, if it's that bad then please stay away...

12 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Once a Ram always a Ram.

I suspect this is why they don't stay away :)

Unfortunately there are all sorts of people , we moved to change our out look from the northern end of the east stand to the southern end, now sit next to a bloke who bellows abuse at the Ref, Ball boy/girl and the South stand for not singing loud enough and getting cheap seats , but he makes me laugh so I am happy 

I was bored, but the weird thing is we did have chances, so why was I bored?

Maybe it’s the terrible finishing by Weimann? The final ball? The long pass that gets cut out by a defender?  I don’t know, I shouldn’t be bored really, but I feel I am. Could it just be the time of the year? Short daylight hours?

Maybe all these chances will get converted one game and we’ll give a team a good towelling.  

Ive never had the thought of not bothering to go to a mid week game before because of the weather, ever. I’ve had that thought this season,  maybe I’ve just got old.

Just now, Boycie said:

Maybe it’s the terrible finishing by Weimann? The final ball? The long pass that gets cut out by a defender?  I don’t know, I shouldn’t be bored really, but I feel I am. Could it just be the time of the year? Short daylight hours?

Maybe all these chances will get converted one game and we’ll give a team a good towelling.  

Ive never had the thought of not bothering to go to a mid week game before because of the weather, ever. I’ve had that thought this season,  maybe I’ve just got old.

Because we are playing unattractive football?

We played a bit more yesterday, but having 2 wingers who never look up whilst on the ball doesn't bode well for flowing football.

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

I thought our approach play against Burton was the best we've done at home this season. I'm not sure though how much of that was down to having Thorne in for Huddlestone and how much was Martin for Nugent. Probably a combination of both. 

We were only denied really by some top class blocks of the ball when we would've been in and poor finishing. 

Thought Lawrence played well enough. He looked so much better when running at them. Even though he scored I don't think Russell has earned a start against Barnsley.

For all the grief some people are giving Burton they could've snatched a point with better finishing. They probably would've won if Weimann hadn't headed the ball off the line. Personally I thought they were far more adventureress than some other teams we've faced at Pride Park this season.

If they had better finishing and we did likewise, our winning margin would have been 3 or 4 not just the solitary goal.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

If they had better finishing and we did likewise, our winning margin would have been 3 or 4 not just the solitary goal.

Not denying that, just saying that they weren't completely unambitious like some people on here are suggesting.

I’ve noticed I don’t kind of half jump up if we get a chance anymore either, it’s like I’ve resigned myself to substandard finishing.

I’m only commenting on home games, as we seem to do better away, which raises expectancy why we return to PP. Ipswich being the casing point.

I really didn’t want to go to QPR but made myself and glad I did (after 44mins)

I was looking forward to Ipswich, but wish I’d stopped at home.

But, we’re in the play off position, that’s good isn’t it?

I can’t explain it, but I know I’m not alone in this feeling.

17 minutes ago, JG400 said:

I suspect this is why they don't stay away :)

Unfortunately there are all sorts of people , we moved to change our out look from the northern end of the east stand to the southern end, now sit next to a bloke who bellows abuse at the Ref, Ball boy/girl and the South stand for not singing loud enough and getting cheap seats , but he makes me laugh so I am happy 

You mention the ball boys. There was a situation in the second half when it took ages to get the ball after it went out of play at the North end - no ball boys there yet there were 2 sat together near the half way line. What's that all about?

14 minutes ago, Boycie said:

You've definately got grumpier. :p

I did predict that the GR style of football wouldn't sit well with Derby fans even if it is successful.

We like a certain type of player and we like to see a bit of flair.

9 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

You mention the ball boys. There was a situation in the second half when it took ages to get the ball after it went out of play at the North end - no ball boys there yet there were 2 sat together near the half way line. What's that all about?

I noticed the two sat together too. Maybe they were swapping matchattack cards?

10 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I’ve noticed I don’t kind of half jump up if we get a chance anymore either, it’s like I’ve resigned myself to substandard finishing.

I’m only commenting on home games, as we seem to do better away, which raises expectancy why we return to PP. Ipswich being the casing point.

Our performance levels and quality of entertainment do not translate into our current league position. 

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I did predict that the GR style of football wouldn't sit well with Derby fans even if it is successful.

I'm quite happy with most of the players we have and the style of football we are playing.

I thought we were unlucky yesterday and played some good attacking football. Thorne was a massive positive for me and was always looking to get us on the front foot and Martins link up play is something we need. Give him and Vydra a few more games together so they can get to know each others style and I think it will pay off.

11 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Our performance levels and quality of entertainment do not translate into our current league position. 

But we'll take it wont we.

29 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Same here @Boycie

23 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Exactly. Just like Franny Lee. He always wore the best flairs. 

14 minutes ago, Boycie said:

The goal actually did take me by surprise to be honest.

That and the dig in the ribs from next door for snooring too loud ??

It was so out of character. Like an old friend not seen for a while. Familiar yet somehow not." Hello darkness my old friend; I've come to talk with you again. " 

Archived